Thread: Pokemon sprite canvases

Red face Pokemon sprite canvases

I spend most of my spare time painting sprites on canvases and have a lot of pokemon ones.

This is still my favourite that I've done so far:
    http://fav.me/d5whip2

What d'ya think?

Currently working on Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres so if people like this stuff then they'll end up on here too ^^

Oh... Oh, wow. That's so cool, and such an original idea.

I would love to see more of these. The only real problem that I could see was the background- it was too rounded and wetter in places, ruining the 'pixelly' look. That's just really awesome! Can't wait to see more!

Wow, I spend some time painting and have been trying to come up with some good ideas that reflect my hobbies and this is just awesome.

I went ahead and looked through the rest of your paintings and I really like the Cubone one because there are so many elements that reflect Cubone. I also really like the three original starters together; it makes for a nice look.

What do you use to keep the squares consistent?

derp.

I mark up the entire canvas in .5cm squares. It takes a ridiculously long time and you need a ton of patience for it and it often means painting over an area in white first to stop the line from showing through. For a 30x30cm canvas (the size of the mew) I make 240 marks and lines before even putting the design on.

And yeh I wish I had another picture of it. I took that when it was newly finished and still a bit patchy. I wish I'd taken another picture once it was dry but it sold almost immeditely

That is absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see more
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike