• AG - Battle Frontier

1 2.17%
  • DP - Diamond and Pearl

39 84.78%
  • BW - Best Wishes Season 1

1 2.17%

Thread: Most violent Arc? *Potential Spoilers*

Default Most violent Arc? *Potential Spoilers*

What do you think is the most violent saga in Pokemon Anime's history?

My view is on DP as being the most violent. It featured speed-death (Hunter J), pokemon abuse (Paul) and is almost 2/3 as violent as PokeSpecial. Of course, the anime would never go that far, but DP was the closest to PokeSpe as far as I'm concerned.

Do you agree? Or do you think another saga takes your place as most violent saga ever? Discuss.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

DP had Pokehunter J, and she alone was more violent than any other villain in the series. But the Galactic episodes were good too, Mars threatened to blow up Iron Island while Ash's group was still there for example.

I can't say BW yet because Plasma hasn't debuted, but Giovanni trying to kill Ash was nice.

Definitely Diamond and Pearl. Even a few of the battles were pretty intense the Ash vs Paul Battle at Lake Acuity.

Diamond and Pearl had some violent scenes dealing with bad guys, but BW had it's fair share of violence as well, like the Litwick Mansion (and that was supposed to be a funny filler xD), Iris getting bit by Hydreigon...I'm sure there are others I forgot lol. But I voted for BW. DP's violence didn't cut it for me. It felt like it was trying to be big and bad, but fell short. BW IMO has a nice mixture so it doesn't feel too corny.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

DP. It's not the darkest saga, but it did have the most violence.

I went went with DP. It had a lot more violence then the previous arcs. Between Pokemon Hunter J and Team Galactic, who I felt were the most evil team there was, it's kind of hard not to pick DP.

Thanks to Skiyomi for the banner!

DP, IMO, was the most violent arc.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

Diamond and Pearl.

The Riolu Arch was pretty intense. It's one of the most notable examples of Ash intentionally hurting a Pokemon (kicking Drapion in the eye because it was trying to break his spine) and ordering his Pokemon to attack a human (Starvia tagging one of the poachers during the climax). He's ordered that before, but the way it was portrayed in the arch made it seem like the most serious of business.

Tbh no sagas were violent. Though DP was a bit more sinister, it still wasn't violent.

The chosen ones (for now)

Defiantly the Diamond & Pearl series! Paul's an abusive jerk... That alone answers the competition.
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny with the egg move reversal and a shiny . Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Diamond and Pearl is definitely the most violent series imo and my favorite series because of all the intense, plot driven moments it had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

The whole Meloetta-Team Rocket thing in BWS@ thing was quite voilent. First, you have Giovanni telling imprisoned Ash "Surrender Meloetta or I'll kill you!". Then you have JJM pushing Giovanni off the cliff when he goes nuts. This, to me, is quite extreme. However, it's not as bad as that banned Safari Zone episode in the Original series when the warden says "SHUT UP! Do you want to get shot?!". Now that was the most extreme moment in the history of the anime. I don't even see how the Japanese allowed that to be on a freaking kids anime.

It's because the Japanese (and most of the world) have different perceptions on what a " Kid's show " is.

In fact, the United States was the same way until about 30 years ago.

DP. Although I definitely don't find any of the arcs violent at all, DP is as close as it's gonna get. Between Pokemon Hunter J and Team Galactic, it's hard not to pick it.

BW did have some violence in it, with Giovanni using Ash and Pikachu against Meloetta.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Lol, 22 votes for DP. Well, it obviously was. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Lol, 22 votes for DP. Well, it obviously was. xD
    Well between Paul, Pokehunter J and Galactic, its no surprise. None of the other sagas has elements like those.

DP mostly because of Hunter J. It's a shame that she had to leave us; she truly was a breath of fresh air. On that note, I'm shocked that OS has only two votes; have we all forgotten the guns and the many occasions where physical violence was shown (usually among TR)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    DP mostly because of Hunter J. It's a shame that she had to leave us; she truly was a breath of fresh air. On that note, I'm shocked that OS has only two votes; have we all forgotten the guns and the many occasions where physical violence was shown (usually among TR)?
    Exactly what i was thinking.
    The OS was more serious in some ways. Nowadays you won't see guns in Pokemon.
    And i don't know if this counts as "violent" but the St. Anne arc where Ash and Co. are presumed dead and given a maritime funeral it's a little bit of an odd moment that in current times just wouldn't make it to any of the current seasons. How about attacking a Pokemon with a Bazooka or said Pokemon destroying a entire city??
    Oh! And don't forget Sabrina turning them into dolls just so she could play with them or throwing them a ball that almost crushed them.
    Primeape giving a beating to Ash and Team Rocket. Or that Ghastly who almost made Brock and James fell off a ledge.
    Last edited by Beat!; 15th January 2013 at 5:14 AM.

D/P series for me, Hunter J and Paul made this series feel so much darker than the others.

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Diamond and Pearl was definitely the darkest arc for me, but when Episode N airs that will take the crown as the most violent arc I think

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Diamond and Pearl was definitely the darkest arc for me, but when Episode N airs that will take the crown as the most violent arc I think
    Hopefully. I wonder if they'll keep the relation between N and Ghetsis the same in anime as it is in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Eh tbh, I won't be holding my breath for that. Nothing in BW has been close to DP or OS's sense of darkness, or violence. Of course, this is an assumption, and I may be wrong. Just that I won't be holding my breath.

Does anyone remember the school and the ghost girl? Dusknoir's debut episode? That episode still gives me the goosebumps.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Dp for me but that's only coz of Paul the original series was all quite dark. Especially the Sabrina episodes. If they would have changed the pokemon tower bit it would have been the original seiries.

Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

In terms of slapstick violence, I have to go with the original Indigo series. It includes Misty knocking a Caterpie high in the air with a hammer (Ash catches a Pokemon) as well as roundhouse kicking Brock in the face (Charmander the Stray Pokemon), Brock punching Misty on the top of the head multiple times (Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village), Team Rocket getting pelted with Pokeballs (School of Hard Knocks), Mankey/Primeape beating the crap out of Ash and Brock and causing Jessie to faceplant into a boulder (Primeape goes Bananas), Ash getting pinned to the wall with ninja stars (A Ninja Poke-Showdown), Ash getting drilled in the face with a boomerang and Misty popping a little boy in the face (The Kanghaskhan Kid), people getting lit on fire as well as Ash and Co. bouncing off of Team Rocket's heads with bikes and knocking them off a bridge (The Bridge Bike Gang), Misty knocking Ash to the ground (at the end of the Battling Eevee Brothers though she does this many other times to him), and of course, Team Rocket blasting off again, and again, and again, and again! I'm sure there are many other funny, violent scenes I am missing. Wow, never realized how much violence I was exposed to as a kid!

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

It's obvious Diamond and Pearl, Hunter J was violent, she captures pokemon to sell them. that very bad.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177