Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like to see Contest again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sayho1234 View Post
    For every contest episode that could be an episode better spent developing Ash's team for a gym (and ultimately the region's league).
    And yet this didn't happen in Best Wishes. Hahaha

I want contests back. It adds some additional excitement in between gym battles and will obviously make a travelling companion actually have a goal and some self-worth.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I would like contests to return, but only time will tell. Because all the girls without contests take on a sidekick role (like Misty and Iris) because their goal is a bit well... more vague. IMO Contest is the reason why Dawn and May achieved co-star status, because they have a definite goal.
    But then the 3rd person in Ash's group is relegated to the sidekick role. Why is it okay for the 3rd person to stay in the sidekick role while the girl gets to be proactive? Might as well just have Ash and the girl travel together since they have reasons to take up screentime while the 3rd person is useless filler.

I say next gen have everyone in Ash's group have proactive roles, or just cut out that 3rd person who's wasting screentime that could be better used to further Ash & the girl's goals.

I think we're most likely going to get a new sidequest for the female character to do IF contests don't return.
    I hope we don't get just the gym quest as the only quest or if the new girl is a sidekick character like Misty and Iris were, I just find the anime more boring if the new girl isn't a co-star like character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

But then the 3rd person in Ash's group is relegated to the sidekick role. Why is it okay for the 3rd person to stay in the sidekick role while the girl gets to be proactive? Might as well just have Ash and the girl travel together since they have reasons to take up screentime while the 3rd person is useless filler.

I say next gen have everyone in Ash's group have proactive roles, or just cut out that 3rd person who's wasting screentime that could be better used to further Ash & the girl's goals.
    Rather only have one person screwed then two...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

No! No more contests! For every contest episode that could be an episode better spent developing Ash's team for a gym (and ultimately the region's league).
    Didn't help Ash's BW team =/

I'd love for contests to return, kind of miss them.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Didn't help Ash's BW team =/

I'd love for contests to return, kind of miss them.
    The only 2 that I really felt got screwed over in BW during the battles were Oshawott and Snivy and that wasn't until the later episodes (probably after the Clay Gym Battle) where that happened. But even so, Oshawott still got plenty of screen time and did great as the comic relief. I don't see the complaints over Pikachu, Krookodile, Pignite and Scraggy. And Pokémon like Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore and even Unfezant weren't really supposed to be anything more than Ash's reserves and back-up team but all of them were still treated better than Muk, Kingler and Tauros were in Kanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    The only 2 that I really felt got screwed over in BW during the battles were Oshawott and Snivy and that wasn't until the later episodes (probably after the Clay Gym Battle) where that happened. But even so, Oshawott still got plenty of screen time and did great as the comic relief. I don't see the complaints over Pikachu, Krookodile, Pignite and Scraggy. And Pokémon like Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore and even Unfezant weren't really supposed to be anything more than Ash's reserves and back-up team but all of them were still treated better than Muk, Kingler and Tauros were in Kanto.
    Still, Kanto was 5 generations ago. They should've improved by now. Tbh, they should've improve a lot. But BW is too focused on certain pokemon.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

No! No more contests! For every contest episode that could be an episode better spent developing Ash's team for a gym (and ultimately the region's league).
    Lmfao someone didn't watch BW.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Other than battles though, we didn't really see them train and that was without contests, they could have done so much more with Ash's team this time but what happened??
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Other than battles though, we didn't really see them train and that was without contests, they could have done so much more with Ash's team this time but what happened??
    I still feel like all his Pokémon got their moment in the spotlight when it came to battles. Yes, some were shown way more than others in battles and out of battles but that should have been expected.

I still feel like all his Pokémon got their moment in the spotlight when it came to battles. Yes, some were shown way more than others in battles and out of battles but that should have been expected.
    Tell me, did you feel this way about the league? I kind of felt that Pikachu took over a little.

Tell me, did you feel this way about the league? I kind of felt that Pikachu took over a little.
    The League was so horrible that Ash's main Pokémon (Pikachu) dominating didn't bother me at all.

No, it's time for the female characters on this show to start doing other things.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    No, it's time for the female characters on this show to start doing other things.
    Well as of now Iris is sorta doing nothing special! Yeah, I miss contests. And I think may's contests were a little better than Dawn's too....and it was cool how it was introduced when she was like not that into pokemon but was going to collect badges, then learned of it and that like became her thing...would have also been cool if she DID get badges like ash, but it still was cool. Dawn was pretty good too, I mean, there just was something more special about may....idk....
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Pikafleg View Post
    Well as of now Iris is sorta doing nothing special! Yeah, I miss contests. And I think may's contests were a little better than Dawn's too....and it was cool how it was introduced when she was like not that into pokemon but was going to collect badges, then learned of it and that like became her thing...would have also been cool if she DID get badges like ash, but it still was cool. Dawn was pretty good too, I mean, there just was something more special about may....idk....
    It was more new?

IDK, I thought dawn's were better because she actually lost in the appeal round despite May like...failing (or more really "tripping") in here first one.

Maybe i have bias for Dawn, buy lol
    String shot disc throw? @.@
    (granted, Dawn's imagination of cutting up balls with razor leaf was probably worse...but that was an imagination. XD)

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

like what? There's no competition value in PokeMusical and PokeWoods. How much would've have enjoyed it if girls started to do Pokeathlon? Tbh I would've like Iris more if she did something else other than being sidelined.

XY better throw something (like contests) that a female character can do, because seeing a girl sidelined is pretty much lacking development. That's why I favour May and Dawn being co-stars.

ASB Squad

And yet no one wants them to go anywhere near gym battles -_-.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    And yet no one wants them to go anywhere near gym battles -_-.
    I'd love if a girl did gym battles to be honest. But since Ash is still here and will be here for awhile, I don't see that happening where they have both Ash and the girl take on the same gym leaders twice.

I'd love if a girl did gym battles to be honest. But since Ash is still here and will be here for awhile, I don't see that happening where they have both Ash and the girl take on the same gym leaders twice.
    Why not do a simutaneous Battle Frontier (girl) and Gyms (Ash) at the same time? They could have one huge battle at the end in the lague...!

ASB Squad

DOUBLE GYM BATTLES DAMNIT.

I WANT. D8 xD

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Why not do a simutaneous Battle Frontier (girl) and Gyms (Ash) at the same time? They could have one huge battle at the end in the lague...!
    I'd be all for that but the question is will the writers ever do it?

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    DOUBLE GYM BATTLES DAMNIT.

I WANT. D8 xD
    Tate and Liza. Lol.

Nah, probably not. Pokegirls were never very battle-ish. But hopefully that will happen, but it's just wishful thinking.

ASB Squad

Tate and Liza. Lol.

...LET ME REPHRASE THIS.

I want two gym challangers in the same group...

MAKE MY SPECULATED IDEA COME TRUE DAMNIT D8

Such a sexy song. Urgh.

It doesn't have to be the same gyms lol. They could manly do separate gyms and only share like 2 or 3 gyms.

No. Wanna know the awnser why?

The writers can't step outside their comfort zone, and when they do they fail so terribly that it makes the live action Last Airbender movie look good.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast