Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 222

Thread: Would you like to see Contest again?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    We'd be sitting through a third female coordinator so not really.

    Do we really need 3 different girls doing contests?
    Except that we could have a male coordinator...

  2. #27

    Default

    I hope we get some sort of new sidequest, if contests don't come back. I would love to see the new girl or even possibly Cilan, if he stays, participate in some quest so that Ash's quest doesn't get all spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    I like Iris stroy over the contest girls. It gave her more charter devolvment then the other girls

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In the Canalava Mines
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    I enjoyed contests to their finest, and seeing Cilan compete in them does seem appropriate. If he does stay on the show, I wouldn't mind seeing him perform in contests. If they're in the anime anyway. Guess we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't if they're not in the Gen 6 games.

    ~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Except that we could have a male coordinator...
    We have had male coordinators before, though. Drew, Harley, Kenny... though none of them were traveling companions, they were all major forces within contests. So, it honestly doesn't matter to me whether the next coordinator traveling companion (if we have one) is female or male.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,387

    Default

    Yes if Cilan is the one who takes them up to improve his Connoisseur skills.
    The new girl can always do something different like having a goal of being a Pokemon Professor or something.

    Random : PokéRadar


  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    If Contest return, I prefer that Cilan or a new boy will take that role. Because I don't like a third girl doing Contests.

    But if they consider doing Contests again, I prefer Dawn going into Ash gain, explain why she want to return to Ash (although could be a ridiculous reason, fly to Poke-France and voila...).

    Why? Because I like Dawn. But because:
    -In the Best Wishes merchandise (I was right, BW merchandise) Piplup has gotten in the fall-winter, the 5th pokemon in merchandise appearances having a way lot of more appareances than Axew. THe only pokemon that has gotten so much are Kyurem FOrmes, Oshawott, Eevee and of course, Pikachu. (Axew is around the 20th on merch behind pokes like Snivy, Emolga, Dragonite and now behind Charizard..., if you think that Axew is too marketable, you're wrong). The first person that will be happy if Dawn returned permanently will be Takara Tomy, Bandai and Banpresto headquarters in Japan.

    -TV Tokyo, CoroCoro, magazines, intended that Dawn was returning to the main cast. If you see the promotion of Season 2 you know why. Remember that "poster" and that character pages each time we looked in pokemon.co.jp last summer.

    If the Pokemon Contest really return, why not bring back a character that was popular at the time and that the audience knows because she had make an appareance 1 year ago? It's true that she promotes DP and that her Piplup is a starter for DP, but I prefer bring back a popular character with a very proven marketable pokemon than a unknown character with an unknown pokemon doing the same role.

    I don't think that this will be happen but who knows. THe anime is getting rare recently (trust me) and the companies need to get the 120% of merch now.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm


    Serebii, Bulbagarden

    Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

    I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.


  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lima, Perú
    Posts
    14

    Default

    NOOOO! never ! contest only make more fillers.. and less true battles, Iris is ok xD but i think will appear another girl.. please cillan go away..

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,474

    Default

    Yes, I would. Considering this is the only way the stupid writers know how to develop the female/male character yes I would.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Agreed, I would like to see contests return. imo, I always enjoyed watching them over Ash's gyms, perhaps this time a boy on the main cast can compete instead.

  11. #36

    Default

    I thought the contests were cool, so yeah I would like to seem them return along with poffin making. (oh! and there ARE male coordinators, kids! Girls are just better at it)
    岩根雅明=♡

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,835

    Default

    Contest were interesting, they brought out a better form of development for the heroin and it gave us battles that weren't gym related. Either generation of Contest work for me because it just adds flare to the show
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Ugh, NO. I'd rather they do something new. Contests wore out their welcome enough already.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Ugh, NO. I'd rather they do something new. Contests wore out their welcome enough already.
    Well Musicals pretty much destroyed themselves in Black 2 and White 2... not sure exactly what else they could introduce.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    3,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    If Contest return, I prefer that Cilan or a new boy will take that role. Because I don't like a third girl doing Contests.

    But if they consider doing Contests again, I prefer Dawn going into Ash gain, explain why she want to return to Ash (although could be a ridiculous reason, fly to Poke-France and voila...).

    Why? Because I like Dawn. But because:
    -In the Best Wishes merchandise (I was right, BW merchandise) Piplup has gotten in the fall-winter, the 5th pokemon in merchandise appearances having a way lot of more appareances than Axew. THe only pokemon that has gotten so much are Kyurem FOrmes, Oshawott, Eevee and of course, Pikachu. (Axew is around the 20th on merch behind pokes like Snivy, Emolga, Dragonite and now behind Charizard..., if you think that Axew is too marketable, you're wrong). The first person that will be happy if Dawn returned permanently will be Takara Tomy, Bandai and Banpresto headquarters in Japan.

    -TV Tokyo, CoroCoro, magazines, intended that Dawn was returning to the main cast. If you see the promotion of Season 2 you know why. Remember that "poster" and that character pages each time we looked in pokemon.co.jp last summer.

    If the Pokemon Contest really return, why not bring back a character that was popular at the time and that the audience knows because she had make an appareance 1 year ago? It's true that she promotes DP and that her Piplup is a starter for DP, but I prefer bring back a popular character with a very proven marketable pokemon than a unknown character with an unknown pokemon doing the same role.

    I don't think that this will be happen but who knows. THe anime is getting rare recently (trust me) and the companies need to get the 120% of merch now.
    Your stats are right but your deductions are wrong. Most people don't give a **** about Dawn, it is Piplup who is famous. They don't need Dawn back, they just need to give another character a Piplup, thats it. No point in bringing those type of characters back, they are so last generation.

    On Topic: I don't care about Contest. They got stale in DP and had to be removed. Replanting them in the series would be stupidity. Maybe contests were too illogical for kids of Japan.

    I don't care about these side quests for companions anymore. Writers have proved that they can handle the companion without putting too much efforts in these side quests. They gave us Iris who has developed just as much as Dawn. She was a nice battler when BW started and by the end of BW2 she has become the best battler among all traveling companions. Excadrill vs Haxorus proves how much she has developed. It is safe to say that Ash is no longer the only main character who can use strategies in Anime. Thats quite a feat. And Cilan is Cilan, he has got a huge fanbase which sets an example that a character don't need an active quest to become famous.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In the Canalava Mines
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Well Musicals pretty much destroyed themselves in Black 2 and White 2... not sure exactly what else they could introduce.
    And the biggest point, is that you didn't even HAVE to do a Musical in BW2. Heaven knows I didnt.

    ~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    3,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    And the biggest point, is that you didn't even HAVE to do a Musical in BW2. Heaven knows I didnt.
    Me either. But I have seen the facility from the inside. Bianca dragged me inside, I had no intention of doing that in the first place.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    619

    Default

    No! No more contests! For every contest episode that could be an episode better spent developing Ash's team for a gym (and ultimately the region's league).

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    And the biggest point, is that you didn't even HAVE to do a Musical in BW2. Heaven knows I didnt.
    I have yet to go in there XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Sayho1234 View Post
    No! No more contests! For every contest episode that could be an episode better spent developing Ash's team for a gym (and ultimately the region's league).
    Didn't prevent the Hoenn or Sinnoh leagues (and the Pokemon involved) from being far more amazing then Unova (Ash had plenty of time on his hands)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Depending on the appeal and the battle, I enjoyed most of them.

    Plus Dawn. xD

    I dunno. I would like to see them back. lol :P
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    I see a lot of "no's" to contests coming back but personally I loved the contests sometimes even more so than ash's gym battles. i agree that it got repetitive towards the end but regardless, dawn and zoey's finals match was possibly my favorite part of the entire DP saga. watching the culmination of their journey come to an end in an exciting way not to see dawn lose in the 3rd or 4th round as would be expected. it was also nice to see because dawn got some major development in losses, not making it past the first round twice in a row. this pushed her to become better whereas may made some rookie blunders and still managed to come out on top, yet she got a lower placement at the grand festival. top 8 i believe.

    and to the people complaining about it being repetitive, what do you say about ash traveling 6 regions pursuing badges and challenging the league and never winning? I think if the contest formula was overhauled into something more entertaining and less formula-redundant, it would be an amazing re-addition to the anime. especially if we had cilan come in and do contests instead of another female coordinator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    . especially if we had cilan come in and do contests instead of another female coordinator.
    Because they would likely have another female do it. It gets repetitive watching characters do the same thing, which is one reason some people didn't like the idea of Dawn being a coordinator and wanted her to be a trainer instead.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Because they would likely have another female do it. It gets repetitive watching characters do the same thing, which is one reason some people didn't like the idea of Dawn being a coordinator and wanted her to be a trainer instead.
    I get you but wouldn't it be even more repetitive to be watching 2 trainers challenge the same gym every time? unless people wanted ash to move on to some other goal
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post

    and to the people complaining about it being repetitive, what do you say about ash traveling 6 regions pursuing badges and challenging the league and never winning?
    thank you.

    >3>..we choose to watch and/or play something repetitively because we love it. They SHOULD add less repetitiveness, but its not a con when the entire series uses it. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,025

    Default

    I would like contests to return, but only time will tell. Because all the girls without contests take on a sidekick role (like Misty and Iris) because their goal is a bit well... more vague. IMO Contest is the reason why Dawn and May achieved co-star status, because they have a definite goal.

    But a contest girl doing Don-Tournament... !!!

    Guys there might be a possibility that Ash and the girl simutaneously challenge the gyms in X and Y, but Sinnoh BF at the same time. Ash <- badge, Girl <- Sinnoh BF and make it so that both of them makes it to the league and have this final,epic battle.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •