Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Would you like to see Contest again?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    They will never have a girl do Gyms as long as Ash is around.

That's exactly why May and Dawn *weren't* made into normal trainers.
    Haven't you learned not to say that word after BW mister Ash is gonna win the league -_-??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    It does, because Ash is doing it too. I made another post stating why I think gym battles would not work. I even suggested the next co-star doing Battle Frontier. Not being sexist or anything there.
    How is that any different than doing Gyms?

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Haven't you learned not to say that word after BW mister Ash is gonna win the league -_-??
    I hate to say it, but he has a point, even if he's ignoring the fact that anime-original Gym Leaders can be used.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

And on top of that, why do you think they didn't have Iris do Gyms? She could have been a Gym-challenger as well and been a league opponent for Ash.

But they didn't do it because they feel having two characters do Gyms on the cast would be way too repetitive. Seeing every Gym leader be beaten twice and go through the same struggles?

And on top of that, why do you think they didn't have Iris do Gyms? She could have been a Gym-challenger as well and been a league opponent for Ash.

But they didn't do it because they feel having two characters do Gyms on the cast would be way too repetitive. Seeing every Gym leader be beaten twice and go through the same struggles?
    They didn't do it because the writers use the expendable female sidekick as fanservice bait every region. We already know this, it's not something anyone should be surprised about.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    How is that any different than doing Gyms?

I hate to say it, but he has a point, even if he's ignoring the fact that anime-original Gym Leaders can be used.
    No he doesn't. He says that about every new thing that happens and every time he is proven wrong.

Also Cyber, the writers proved this region that they don't give a damn about repetitiveness.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Also Cyber, the writers proved this region that they don't give a damn about repetitiveness.
    They're not going to show every single Gym leader be beaten twice. And likewise having Ash struggle to beat a Gym leader and watching the girl do it with probably weaker pokemon right after would be ridiculous.

I wouldn't mind Contests making a comeback, but only unless they changed it up a bit somehow to make it slightly different than Hoenn and Sinnoh's... Or just make up a completely new side quest for the next traveling companion to have a passion for. Idk just have them do something proactive. Anything but more Don Battles...

They're not going to show every single Gym leader be beaten twice. And likewise having Ash struggle to beat a Gym leader and watching the girl do it with probably weaker pokemon right after would be ridiculous.
    Anime-original Gym Leaders.

It's already more than established that each region has more than eight Gyms.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Anime. Only. Gym. Leaders.

Yes cuz Ash always uses his strongest pokemon right?? Also who's to say what order they would battle or even if they would battle the same gyms.

Answering the question, yes I would enjoy seeing contests again. But not with a female trainer, with a male trainer for some variety. Why not Cilan? xD Stunfisk would be amazing lol. I always found contests cool, and after a saga without them I realized I actually miss them.

While I would like to see contests, is Cilan really that good of an idea?

I could see him participating in one or two for fun, but not changing his entire career. I mean, first he was gym leader, then wants to become the top Connoisseur and then a coordinator? That would be even worse than Brock suddenly changing his career. I say, let Cilan reach S-class by the end of Unova so we can say goodbye to both him and Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    While I would like to see contests, is Cilan really that good of an idea?

I could see him participating in one or two for fun, but not changing his entire career. I mean, first he was gym leader, then wants to become the top Connoisseur and then a coordinator? That would be even worse than Brock suddenly changing his career. I say, let Cilan reach S-class by the end of Unova so we can say goodbye to both him and Iris.
    He could always do both lol.

Yes of coursse. Anything taking the focus from Ash is good.

Qith contest U've got more pokes getting more focus in different way. And the contest animation is always great.

At the moment I saw Cilan I thought he was Contest material and Pansage as proven is good in Contest battling.

I just hope the new girl won't do some deaigner stuff. Let her fight. . .
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Anime-original Gym Leaders.

It's already more than established that each region has more than eight Gyms.
    You really think they would spend time on a 8 filler Gym leaders who wouldn't be from the game? If the games had 16 different Gym leaders they could divide it, like they used Marlon for Kotetsu and Drayden for Iris....but there were only 2 leftover Gym leaders there.

I actually liked Contests and Contests battles a lot, so yes I'd like to seem them back. Nando vs. Zoey is one of my fav Animé battles.

I could see contests coming back for some small arc for few episodes if Ruby and Sapphire remakes are made, with purpose of promotion. This would also open up chances for May making cameo too, since she is min playable female from third generation being its representative. But i seriously doubt they will become one of main quests in anime ever again, especially now that they were dropped out from games.

You could argue how game developers could restore them as on of main quests in future generations, but it simply wouldn't make sense to get rid of something and get it back after few years reflecting bad on Nintendo and Game Freak reputation and credibility. Point of new games is to offer something new to customers, instead of going back to old quest which was dropped in 5th generation for a reason.

That said i wouldn't mind contests coming back for few episodes like it was case with Wallace Cup with May or Dawn coming back for it, but definitely not as main quest anymore. I want to see female companions with different careers for a change being included in show getting development and actual growth.

It would be interesting instead seeing girl trainer, ranger, explorer for a change added to cast developing in different directions with writers showing various type of careers on screen through which characters can grow and learn new things just like its case in real life.

Yes, I would. Considering this is the only way the stupid writers know how to develop the female/male character yes I would.
    To be honest out of all characters we had not doing contests i always thought Misty was only one with right predispositions to make plausible way to go forward if Whirl Cup was anything to go by seeming like interesting concept. More than Iris since water is most widespread and common type out there, having enough variety and pokemon to choose from to create events spread over region through which we could see growth. Not to mention knowing her fangirling over Lorelei they could take her toward E4 direction trying to live up to her idol.

However she was in anime at time when writing wasn't on same height like it used to be in AG/DP era and now its obviously too late. Unless by some miracle she comes back getting sequel which is doubtful.

They will never have a girl do Gyms as long as Ash is around.

That's exactly why May and Dawn *weren't* made into normal trainers.
    This. Even if they did have the girl do Gyms, she'll be overshadowed by Ash. The rival of the region will belong to both her and Ash and I'm betting they don't have the girl ever beat the rival but Ash obviously will. The writers would never have a co-star with a actually battle quest go over Ash. The female lead would just be more limited this way then most would realize. People keep bringing up anime only gyms. Oh sure, create Gym Leaders you've never heard of for the girl instead of the real deals, and let them be forgotten in the grand scheme of the Pokemon world. At least with contest, their opponents were big in the contest world. How did being a anime only gym leader pay off for that guy who Misty battled in Johto? I don't even remember his name.

As mush as I would love to see the girl or boy do Gym Battles, they will not. Which is why I am hoping for a new second quest.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Wished they replaced iris with a female rival who did musicals

So much potential
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I'd like to see something new. Seeing Contest again, eh...and seeing two people do Gym's wouldn't be that exciting either. Maybe X/Y will bring something new.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    I could see contests coming back for some small arc for few episodes if Ruby and Sapphire remakes are made, with purpose of promotion. This would also open up chances for May making cameo too, since she is min playable female from third generation being its representative. But i seriously doubt they will become one of main quests in anime ever again, especially now that they were dropped out from games.
    Except when there was HGSS, Misty didnt make a cameo at all. All Dawn got was a Cyndaquil egg and Johto Festival. Yeah, May getting a cameo seems unlikely.

Also, I think we will see how they handle stuff in Gen 6. If there is contest available in Gen 6, it's safe to assume that contests are making a return. The most battle-style quest would be Battle Frontier, and that's more plausible than the girl challenging the gym again since Battle Frontier is in a different "class". It's not like you can collect you symbol here and then oh it's Canalave city, let's go get the Coal Badge! No. That's not how BF works, so the girl challenging BF has a higher chance than the gym.

Also, why wouldn't Ash and the girl challenge the same gym. Why wait to the NEXT anime gym to battle the leader? The "not enough to challenge" reason isn't strong enough (no pun intended) to warrant the extra distance walked by the group just to challenge another gym when they could've easily challenged the one Ash challenged.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    Wished they replaced iris with a female rival who did musicals

So much potential
    There's no battling with Musicals tho. It'd become stale, repetitive and boring very fast. One reason I liked contests is because of the battle round, it was cool to see some other strategies and seeing moves used in a different way. I always thought it was very creative and fun to watch, plus the animation was great.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    There's no battling with Musicals tho. It'd become stale, repetitive and boring very fast.
    there could of been. they could of found a way to include battles in musicals had they been inclined to go in that direction

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Would you like to see them return in Gen VI Anime? I feel like they kind of spiced up the anime after Sinnoh it just seemed kind of dull without them
    OMG I would love to see contest on gen 6 specially since it looks like is going to take place on France.
    Looking Good!
    Would you like a "Signature" like mine?, contact me

The Contests alone are pretty much what prevented AG and DP from going full blown filler fest like Johto was. While we still had some fillers, the Contests and the episodes related to them essentially replaced those episodes.

If they have a new similar quest to replace them with it'd be fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Also, I think we will see how they handle stuff in Gen 6. If there is contest available in Gen 6, it's safe to assume that contests are making a return. The most battle-style quest would be Battle Frontier, and that's more plausible than the girl challenging the gym again since Battle Frontier is in a different "class". It's not like you can collect you symbol here and then oh it's Canalave city, let's go get the Coal Badge! No. That's not how BF works, so the girl challenging BF has a higher chance than the gym.
    There is literally no difference between Gyms and Battle Frontier in the anime other than what you win. Travel to the location, battle the leader, win the prize, go to the next one and repeat.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast