Thread: Legalize me!

Default Legalize me!

So, welcome to my new RMT, title has nothing to do with the team itself. It's a UU HO team, in case you couldn't tell... Yeah, I'll edit this later but for now I'm just going to post the team. ._.

Xatu @ Light Clay
    Nature: Calm
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP, 240 Sp. Def, 16 Speed
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Roost
    -U-Turn

Ah... I love Xatu now. Since Espeon is locked in OU, I turned to the next best Dual Screen/Magic Bouncer, Xatu. While he's not particularly bulky, he gets Dual Screens up most of the time, and unlike Espeon, he gets a decent recovery move in Roost. He's also pretty slow, so U-Turn normally gets a sweeper in untouched, unless I'm up against some bulky slow thing. EVs are standard Smogon, 16 Speed to outspeed neutral Empoleon, after that it's all special bulk.

Azelf @ Expert Belt
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Psyshock
    -Thunderbolt
    -Flamethrower
    -Nasty Plot

I used Azelf in my OU semi-HO team, and I'm using him again. Azelf is an offensive monster, Nasty Plot skyrockets his Sp. Atk to almost 700 in one use, easily enough to sweep. With passable 70/70/70 bulk, he's pretty hard to OHKO behind dual screens, making setting up a NP pretty easy. After that, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower give me solid coverage while Psyshock is a good STAB that hits Chansey hard. I believe Chansey has a chance of being OHKO'd at +2. I might run Hidden Power (Ice) but I still want to at least speed tie with Ambipom and outrun Raikou that do run Hidden Power (Ice). I'll see if there are any other viable IV spreads that give me a decently powerful Ice Hidden Power.

Chandelure @ Air Balloon (still deciding on an item, testing a few things out.)
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 168 Speed, 90 HP
    -Fire Blast
    -Energy Ball
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)
    -Flame Charge

Here's a set I'm trying out, based on my Flame Charge Heatran. Chandelure doesn't force nearly as many switches as Heatran, but Ghost/Fire typing isn't that bad at all. On a predicted switch, I fire off a Flame Charge and suddenly outspeed the entire unboosted tier. Fire Blast is a sturdy STAB that toasts anything that doesn't resist it. Energy Ball handles bulky Waters like Swampert pretty well. Hidden Power (Fighting) is mostly for Weavile, Azelf's sworn enemy, but it also stops Houndoom from setting up on him.

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
    Nature: Modest
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 160 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 96 HP
    -Agility
    -Tri Attack
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam

This thing reminds me so much of my old Rock Polish Genesect it's not even funny. Agility shoots his speed from mediocre to blistering in just a single use. Tri Attack is an amazing STAB attack that hammers things that don't resist it. BeamBolt is mostly for coverage and filler, but I'm looking into other options.

Raikou @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure (VA is unreleased)
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 220 Speed, 36 HP
    -Substitute
    -Calm Mind
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)

This and CroCune are my late-game Calm Mind sweepers. Substitute eases setup and stops him from being shut down by random Toxics. Calm Mind is pretty self-explanatory, and after that he's got pseudo-BeamBolt for coverage. Not much to say here. I'm looking for a decent replacement, I've got a Zapdos set I want to try when Lightningrod is released, but until then I'm open for suggestions.

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Speed
    -Calm Mind
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Scald

CroCune was the first serious competitive Pokemon I've ever used, and, despite most of his viability being sapped away by power creeps and new mechanics, I've still got a place in my heart for him. I think we all know how it works, but for the sake of newer raters I guess I'll explain. Calm Mind makes this thing stupidly bulky while also beefing up his offensive powers, while Rest keeps him healthy and Sleep Talk + Scald lets him pump out some damage. This thing is nearly impossible to deal with late-game after key set-up sweepers have been taken out.

So that's it, UU Hyper Offense done (hopefully) right this time. Enjoy, and I'll meat this post up a bit later cause it's really boring right now.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

So after losing horribly a couple times to people with Scarf Flygons I've decided to run Modest Azelf and Scarf it, since neutral Scarfed Azelf still outruns positive Scarfed base 100s like Flygon and Victini.

It was weird, one of the people called Blue Harvest insisted she knew me. Wtf.

Using this post as a temporary PS/PO battle log dump, just ignore this.

Spoiler:- 1:

Spoiler:- 2:

Spoiler:- 3:
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 13th January 2013 at 12:43 AM.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/