• They should at least take it to the double digits or 1000 pokemon

32 22.07%
  • Never, the series should continue forever

58 40.00%
  • I'm fine with a few new gens and some spin-offs and remakes

37 25.52%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Predictions for the end

Once Nintendo & Gamefreak come to an agreement about it... But I highly doubt that'll happen anytime soon...
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Bolded: What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Except spin-offs are not surpassing their original source.

Edit: Added Link
    Sales are too obvious. What I meant surpassed the main series, is that the spin offs are better in other certain categories. Let me give a sample from personal experience.

Before Black and White blew my mind in the story category, character category, and Music category, PMD Explorers was the deepest plot when it comes to story.

Another nice example is Pokemon Battle revolution. Before we even encountered the 6th Generation trailer 8 days ago or the 2 Pokedex 3Ds, this Spin off was the best in graphics and animation 5-6 years ago despite being a bad spin off.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

It'll last as long as the product makes money. If in 15 years (kinda the position GF was in when R/B/Y released in 1998) the franchise is still a mega seller then, from a business standpoint, I can't see them ceasing production on main series Pokemon games (there's too much money to be made).

let's face it people, pokemon is our modern "never ending story", in 2016 or 2017, gen 7 will come out, then gen 8 3-4 years after and so on...

personally, a world without pokemon for me is like a world without music, love or a ray of sunshine. Those 3 things will always exsist. in fact, crazy as it sounds, insteed of a ring box...I want the guy I'm in love with to put the ring inside a Pokeball, lol, cause he's "captured" my heart sorry, had to say it, lol, anyway, yeah, I don't think it's gonna end for a very long time
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by The Musician View Post
    One of the unique aspects about Pokemon as an RPG is that it adds over 100 new playable characters every generation. I may be wrong in saying this, but I don't think there has been an RPG yet that has 649 playable characters.

Now think about an RPG with over 2,000 playable characters. That could potentially get overwhelming for younger players, who happen to be the target audience of Pokemon. We saw in Black and White that only the 5th generation Pokemon were available until after beating the E4 which could act as a way of regulating how many Pokemon get introduced to younger players and also keep the series "fresh" (which actually turned me off from the series until BW2).

My point is that if Gamefreak and Nintendo continue creating new generations of Pokemon, it has the potential to get to the point of overabundance (either for game coding, for the sake of younger players, for the interest of ENOUGH older players, etc.).

When I was 9, I only had to worry about catching 151 Pokemon. If new generations continue to be made, a kid 20 years from now might have to worry about catching 2,500 Pokemon. And yes, I am aware that players are not required to complete the Pokedex, but it is incentivised nonetheless. Even having to see 2,000+ Pokemon would be ridiculous.

But as long as I still love Pokemon, I don't mind if they keep going indefinitely.
    That is the double edged sword for pokemon. So many characters add so much depth to the game. But, at the same time they may overburden people if they add too many. I'm sure pokemon will continue for a long time, and GF will find a solution to this conundrum. It's interesting to see how they will tackle it.
    I'm pretty sure that pokemon will extend way after my life is over.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Sales are too obvious.
    You're right. The other strong arm is the creative department, as long as people like to create ideas to get money, then the money will speak for itself.

What I meant surpassed the main series, is that the spin offs are better in other certain categories. Let me give a sample from personal experience.

Before Black and White blew my mind in the story category, character category, and Music category, PMD Explorers was the deepest plot when it comes to story.

Another nice example is Pokemon Battle revolution. Before we even encountered the 6th Generation trailer 8 days ago or the 2 Pokedex 3Ds, this Spin off was the best in graphics and animation 5-6 years ago despite being a bad spin off.
    All well and good, but Game Freak does their job with the many people working for it with them. If there was a close second, Hal Laboratories started the first 3d games, gave Manaphy a back story, and when Sakurai worked there, they got to put Pokemon in a hodge podge known as Smash Bros. However, we know how busy Hal Laboratories get, and even they are not as capable with the Pokemon franchise as Game Freak.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by The Musician View Post
    One of the unique aspects about Pokemon as an RPG is that it adds over 100 new playable characters every generation. I may be wrong in saying this, but I don't think there has been an RPG yet that has 649 playable characters.

Now think about an RPG with over 2,000 playable characters. That could potentially get overwhelming for younger players, who happen to be the target audience of Pokemon. We saw in Black and White that only the 5th generation Pokemon were available until after beating the E4 which could act as a way of regulating how many Pokemon get introduced to younger players and also keep the series "fresh" (which actually turned me off from the series until BW2).

My point is that if Gamefreak and Nintendo continue creating new generations of Pokemon, it has the potential to get to the point of overabundance (either for game coding, for the sake of younger players, for the interest of ENOUGH older players, etc.).

When I was 9, I only had to worry about catching 151 Pokemon. If new generations continue to be made, a kid 20 years from now might have to worry about catching 2,500 Pokemon. And yes, I am aware that players are not required to complete the Pokedex, but it is incentivised nonetheless. Even having to see 2,000+ Pokemon would be ridiculous.

But as long as I still love Pokemon, I don't mind if they keep going indefinitely.
    I redirect you to Just Cause 2, where the things to complete (discovering settlements, destroying said settlements, missions, time trials that are almost impossible to complete, all while preventing yourself from being ventilated by the army) in that one game are so ridiculous that the strictest completion achievement only required 75% achievement. And yet people still went to complete the game anyway.
    Everyone together! · 大家聚合!· Alles zusammen! · 모두 함께! · 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

hmm... I hope they make much remakes but I hope they won't make more gens than gen 6...
    too many pokemon >.> also pokemon will stop when Ash is the champion
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

Being one of the biggest money-makers for Gamefreak and Nintendo, they would have to be crazy to end it anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Weasel View Post

For example my idea is that after six they will start to make remakes or games that take place in an already used region but with a different story and pokedex. For example the orange islands or an actual Elite Four game. They also could make new regions but use a combination of different gens to make up the pokedex with a formerly limited legendary(lets just say Deoxys, Darkrai, Jirachi, Celebi, etc.) or older legendarys that were not given much background (Heatran, Latias, Latios, Cresselia, or the Regi's.)Or if they feel like still making new gens they could release two or three of these games in between them so they can continue the series.
    I love these ideas. If and when the games to come to their eventual end of new releases, which I honestly think should come soon as the amount of Pokemon is becoming... almost out of hand and leaving many of the in the dust with little memory of them. New games using old Pokemon, and new storylines sounds like an awesome idea.

GodDamnZilla

Hoping not until Generation XV or onwards!
    Current LeafGreen Team:

Gem Lv 40
    Beautifly Lv 41
    Charzin Lv 41
    Falconion Lv 41
    Wiz Lv 42
    Picasso Lv 43

Emerald Team:

Nimbus Lv 26
    Eragon Lv 28
    Geico Lv 28
    Vision Lv 28
    Metallik Lv 31
    Azullerell Lv 33

Pokémon will simply not end until it is not making a profit, which I can safely say will not be until long.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Pokemon is a cash cow franchise that makes a sh!tload of money, and they are one of the biggest franchises ever.

So I say it's gonna not end anytime soon.

It will end when they stop making money. That might not happen for at least 10-20 years

the thought of pokemon ever ending makes me sad.
    I personally would be happy with 2,000+ pokemon. The more the merrier!

I'm pretty sure Pokemon wont ever end....like EVAR! or at least not in my lifetime or as long as im interested in it. I mean do u see Mario or Zelda ever ending? i don't think so....
    There's even an article about how http://gengame.net/2012/10/pokemon-d...-out-of-ideas/

But that isnt the answer u want is it?

Well if Pokemon was ever came to an end i would want them to make Ash and all of his old partners remembering what they've been through including Misty, Dawn, Brock, Tracy, May, Max, Ash's Mom, all the people he's ever met in Pokemon Movies such as Bianca from Pokemon Heroes and Latias and all of them in a special Multi-Part Episode in which he revisits every region. Maybe even ending in a funeral for pikachu and Ash finally growing up. Or maybe thats too dark?
    In the video games i want them ti make Pokemon Rainbow or whatever they name a video game in which you get to go to every region EVAR incuding Orange Islands and the unseen towns that are seen in Pokemon Movies.

Thats just my opinion
    Last edited by Snivy Link; 6th February 2013 at 11:06 PM.
    I have calmed down my addiction for Ugly Betty. Yay-ish. I had to get addicted to another show....

I AM NOW ADDICTED TO DEGRASSI!

WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!! =P

THAT IS ALL FOR NOW

*evil laugh*

It is unlikely that Pokemon will end soon though in an interview with Game Freak, they originally planned to end the series after Generation II. And look at the most successful Nintendo Series, Mario. It has been going strong for 25+ years. Pokemon is a major cash cow for Nintendo and they will end it once it is no longer profitable. If I had to take a guess though, Pokemon will start to decline late 7th Generation and fully end 8th Generation. Also I think they will make a ''9th'' Generation but, all it will be is remakes of previous games for the Nintendo 9001DS. That is all.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
    - Robert Pirsig
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
    I post here occasionally despite the fact I no longer play Pokemon.

Like lots of people above, I think pokemon will not end until it is keeping up the cash flow for Nintendo. But it dosen't mean that will be fun forever. The challenge of create a well balanced game with 1000 or 1500 pokemon is a daunt one, hope Game Freak will stand for it.

Probably until handheld gaming devices are no longer in fashion. Or when we all grow out of it (can't really see that happening but shush) and the kids of the future wanted more violent video games. Or when Pokemon just stops making money.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves View Post
    Probably until handheld gaming devices are no longer in fashion.
    When that happens, GameFreak may take the main series to the home consoles, and Pokemon might still exist in some form or another. Personally, I don't see handheld gaming devices being out of fashion - some people will always want the portability of their games, instead of only being able to access your games when you're at home.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

I really don't see Pokemon going away any time soon... However, if it were to for some reason stop, I would expect them to get to at LEAST gen X, but probably more, as it doesnt seem to be slowing down.

1) As long as they've got ideas for pokemon, they'll just keep on spitting them out... and their ideas just dont seem to be wavering at all. Although I really do wonder how much longer they can keep those creative juices flowing... I mean, i know they have a whole company doing it, but still....

2) Pokemon has always been among Nintendo's top sources of profit (next to Mario and Zelda)... so as long as they keep making money, they'll just keep on making the little critters

Even if Pokemon were to end, the legacy would very much live on in the anime (whether its replays or only the anime continued), as well as the games that they've made
    3DS Friend Code: 2750-1183-1943

I really doubt when pokemon will end, but it will be a long time when Ash becomes the champion.. Also I really want one episode that ash discovers his father.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Didn't one of the employees say that they would keep it going until it didn't make money anymore? I think it's going to be around for a long while.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234