Thread: Why didn't Ash go to the Sinnoh And Johto Battle Frontier?

Default Why didn't Ash go to the Sinnoh And Johto Battle Frontier?

He went to the battle frontier in Hoenn. Just not the ones in Sinnoh and Johto. Why didn't he go to the battle Fronteirs in Sinnoh and Johto. Somebody please tell me why. Thanks.

Because the end of DP had to be rushed. There was simply no time for it.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Ash didn't go back to Johto so he couldn't participate in that one.

In Sinnoh they decided to do that detour to Twinleaf Town that took like a year where he fought Palmer and some of the Elite 4 instead. Sure he lost every battle, but he fought them and that was what was important right?

idk man ... he sould tho

I'm thinking after XY is done, but it's rather unlikely, since XY most likely would have its own BF.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

The writers purposely stretched out the tail-end of Sinnoh with that 50 episode gap between the last two Gyms so they didn't have to make a filler arc.

My guess is because:

a) They didn't want Ash to travel through Johto again, for whatever reason.

b) They would have to give Dawn a whole second Contest arc like May got in AG, and there was simply no time for Dawn to get another round of Contests.

Because he didn't?

The Battle Frontier wasn't really set up in Sinnoh beyond Palmer and the Towert. They didn't introduce or even talk about the Brains and the facilities.

They never did confirm a Tower or Frontier for Johto in the anime. Remember in the games, it is pretty much a copy/paste of Plat's BF with very few diffeences.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I have a technical reason as to why this probably didn't happen. I think it was due mainly to time constraints and deadlines. Bear in mind it takes awhile to make an episode of a cartoon, and the production team has to make at least one episode for almost every new Pokemon in a given Gen. So my best guess on this is even if the Battle Frontier or Tower existed during the Anime in Sinnoh, they were probably just busy with the next Gen at the time.
    Last edited by SBaby; 13th January 2013 at 3:51 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

It's all about game promotion. Ash went to Kanto to promote Fire Red and Leaf Green, and participated in the Battle Frontier there to promote Emerald. For Sinnoh, they had things like Looker, Lyra, the Johto festival, Dawn's Cyndaquil and Ash's Quilava to promote Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver. The Battle Frontier wasn't a new thing for Sinnoh and Johto, so they probably saw no need to promote it.

There's a few reasons:

-DP was rushed towards the end, there wasn't time.
    -The writers clearly didn't want to repeat Kanto's Battle Frontier. You have to be honest, things probably would have been the exact same besides different characters.
    -The battle frontier wasn't a major feature that needed promoting, beforehand Kanto BF was completely new, at the time of LG/FR it was essentially another Gym Challenge. DP decided to promote Johto over everything in the end because of HG/SS, promoting the BF would have been promoting Sinnoh more over Johto since it was a shared facility.

Are we still talking about the Sinnoh/Johto BF? Seriously? We're about to enter gen 6 and people are still talking about the Sinnoh BF. As everyone said there was no time, we already had a BF in Kanto with the Hoenn BF, and it would have been a total repeat. Unless we had someone new challenging the BF like Paul or Barry, where the options of their victories are more free since they can actually accept the offer the BF Brains give them, I don't care to see the Sinnoh BF in the anime. They're just treated like Gym Leaders in the anime anyway. What's so special about them? A lot of things from the games never make it into the anime. Archer and the new Team Rocket Generals of Johto. More then half the Hoenn Elite 4, None of the playable characters in Unova and in Sinnoh we didn't get the Sinnoh BF. Caitlin being in Unova tells me they won't use the Sinnoh/Johto BF.

The way I see it, the Sinnoh BF would make for a great Chronicles special for Paul or Barry. I don't see them ever being in the main anime as a main season attraction. Gen 4 is old now and about to be ancient when XY comes out. Why promote it?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The writers purposely stretched out the tail-end of Sinnoh with that 50 episode gap between the last two Gyms so they didn't have to make a filler arc.

My guess is because:

a) They didn't want Ash to travel through Johto again, for whatever reason.

b) They would have to give Dawn a whole second Contest arc like May got in AG, and there was simply no time for Dawn to get another round of Contests.
    Agreed. Besides, I didn't really like the Battle Frontier in the anime. Like, they were back in Kanto but made scarce reference that they'd been to those precise cities before. And the cities themselves didn't even look the way they did back in the original. This would've been a good time to play with continuity but they chickend out. It was very lame, if you ask me.

Also, if Ash went back to Johto...then what? It would be probably like with BF's interpretation of Kanto, even though Johto lacked the color and vibrance of the locations from the original series. It just seems pointless to me.

I think Ash traveled through Johto long enough. They could have did it in Sinnoh in a short 10 mini arc though.

I have a good feeling they'll be featured in the latest series coming up...
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    I have a good feeling they'll be featured in the latest series coming up...
    LOL, no it won't. I don't think they're going to go back to something from two gens ago.

What is the point in putting in something he's already done. Granted it would be different battles but it would be basically be the same as ag. That's why there is a huge amount of filler episodes, to make up for the time between games. They wouldn't be able to fit it in, without rushing the series. Personally i'd rather of had a filler saga than a ton of filler episodes.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under