Thread: Help finding these games

Default Help finding these games

Does anybody know of a good place where I can purchase these games at a price that is not abhorrently high? I've never went past third generation and now I have decided that I want to start playing the fourth and fifth generation games, but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy them. They are listed on Best Buy's website for a decent price but they make you pick the games up at their stores so I would have to drive an hour in three different directions to receive the games. I can't find any other place that both has the games and sells them for a normal price.

I have had some success buying the GBA Pokemon games on Ebay (one out of three I bought were fake). At this point is my only option to look on Ebay or is there a better place to find them?
    And I guess part of the reason I was comfortable buying GBA games on Ebay was because I knew how to identify the fake ones, what do I need to know about buying the DS games on Ebay so I would know if they are proper games?

They're all recent and prolific enough that you may still be able to find used copies at your local game store. Trying to buy off eBay or other user-supported marketplaces is, as you said, a game of roulette at best and is otherwise wisely avoided.

For HG/SS, try Amazon proper. If it's actually being sold by them, as in not from a third-party seller, then it's likely still factory-new.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 13th January 2013 at 10:50 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

There isn't a gamestop store nearby you? And I think you can actually purchase things online directly from the bestbuy (or gamestop or others) website, don't have to go to the store. Also, even if the games aren't made anymore, according to BCVM, then you still probably can get them "used" in stores. Otherwise I guess Ebay would be a good choice for 4th gen games, just be sure to check the ratings of the seller beforehand to get a good idea whether the person is reliable or not, and that goes for all things you may buy there. Otherwise I don't know if there is an actual way to tell by the description whether the game is real or not. I hope you gave the person who gave you the fake gba game a very bad review/rating.
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

Don't you have a Gamestop nearby? They're sure to have copies there. But if you want to order online, I suggest Play-Asia or Amazon. But really, give a bad rating to the jerk who gave you the fake gba game.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Yeah Amazon actually is still selling Heart Gold and Soul Silver at the normal price, but I am more looking for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum because I don't really see a big enough difference besides the graphics from the original second generations.

I haven't checked all the Gamestops in my area but the one I checked doesn't have any copies of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum so I assume it is not definite that any of the others would, although I probably will try anyway. But in case they don't I would like to have another plan. It does seem strange how five year old games are already out of print where they can justify selling them for over $60 on Amazon. I understand the price goes up when games go out of print, but the games aren't that old yet. Is it just because Nintendo does not print enough copies? Or are all handheld games like this and I'm not used to it because I primarily play PC games?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Grim View Post
    because I don't really see a big enough difference besides the graphics from the original second generations.
    You should look closer. HG/SS are literally twice the games that G/S were, and they fold in material from Crystal as well.

It does seem strange how five year old games are already out of print where they can justify selling them for over $60 on Amazon.
    There's no "they". Any copies of the Sinnoh titles being sold on Amazon are likely coming from third-party sellers, meaning they may or may not be new and they aren't beholden to the original MSRP.

but the games aren't that old yet. Is it just because Nintendo does not print enough copies? Or are all handheld games like this and I'm not used to it because I primarily play PC games?
    4-5 years is about standard for the production run of even prolific franchise video games like Pokémon. And hard as it may be to believe, Diamond and Pearl saw international release nearly six years ago now, and nearly five for Platinum. They aren't young games anymore, and they're already nearly two generations defunct.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Yeah but I meant the Amazon warehouse, not people selling through Amazon. But I must have found a bad Gamestop though because the next one I went to had 3 of the 5 fourth generation games. Thanks for the replies everyone.

And so I don't have to start a new thread I want to ask one more question about HG/SS. What other improvements were made that are different compared to the original versions? I would definitely be willing to get them if there was a good reason to, but the only main difference I see is a Johto Safari Zone and the presence of the legendaries from the first generation. What else makes them worth buying?

Check out the the HGSS page on the main site for info. It's GSC with better graphics and all the bells and whistles added to the franchise in later generations. Definitely worth it.