Thread: Animaniacs

Default Animaniacs

This may be one of the best WB cartoon shows of the 1990s. I watched this a show a lot as a kid. Perhaps my favorite characters are Pinky and the Brain as they are cartoon mice, which I have a strong affinity for.

Have any of you watched this show? It's now on the Hub (same channel as MLP:FIM).
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Awwww, my grandparents don't have Hub at the moment, so I can't watch it when I want to. Thank goodness for the Internet.

I watched it a lot as a kid before it slowly started fading into obscurity, but I fell back in love with the show during junior or senior year of high school when I borrowed the three volumes from a friend to watch, and I just laughed and laughed. While it relied on pop culture of the day, and thus a lot of it has aged over time, it's still a really smart series with amazing voice acting and characters. There seriously is a lot to choose from outside of just Yakko, Wakko, and Dot. With exception of Pinky and the Brain, my other favorite character has to be Slappy Squirrel, I just love her wise-cracking humor, and how grumpy she is about everything. I swear that if I were to watch her cartoons over and over again, I'd probably adopt her attitude, though for when it comes to other things and not just comedy. My mom commented on how Mindy is a horrible child, and that is why she's always being on a leash and all that. Yeah, they kept portraying that her parents are probably neglectful themselves, but either way, both the parents and Mindy aren't great people, but Buttons... oh, poor Buttons. I found myself rooting more for the dog than the kid the longer I watched those shorts--which I think was the point.

I'm personally happy that the final volume of Animaniacs is now finally being released to the public next month (along with Duck Dodgers, squee!). It's been far too long, so I'm looking forward to collecting the DVD boxsets in the future, along with Tiny Toon Adventures. Not sure if Taz-Mania is on DVD, and I'm also pretty sure Histeria! doesn't have any planned media releases either (which is a crying shame).

I like to look up the songs in Animaniacs because they're so damn catchy, educational, and funny. I was just snickering the whole time as Yakko was singing all the words in the English language, and he started to show exhaustion at the "L" words. I love that little detail Rob Paulsen gave to him, such an amazing voice actor.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

You know since Animaniacs is now on The Hub they should also air Pinky and the Brain.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I used to watch that show when I was little. It was neat. The show had lots of jokes only older audiences can get. And the Monkey Song was fun.

I will never forget the finger prints= finger prince joke

I watched it a lot on nickelodeon as a kid.

I don't care for it that much. The pop culture jokes have aged poorly and overall humor kind of bordered on obnoxious. It's not terrible, but neither is it some sort of great masterpiece.

I did like their presidents song however. Thanks to it I was able to name all the U.S. presidents in order.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/