Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Memories First Time Playing Gen 1 :)

I remember getting Yellow for my birthday and I was so young I couldn't really understand English, so playing was bit harder for me but I memorized a lot of things so I didn't really even need to know much English to play it.
    I also remember asking my mom constantly what some things meant and all haha.

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

I first heard about pokemon when I was about 7 or 8 years old when kids at my school started getting into the games and the cards. I thought it was neat so I begged my mom to get me a copy of Blue. One embarrassing moment for me was that the first few times I played through it, I didn't realize you were actually allowed to pick your started. For some reason I just thought it automatically picked Charmander for you so I would just press A without thinking. But Charmander was my favorite anyway.

oh how I oh so agree with everything you said 90's to me is what 80's or 70's would be to someone from that generation lol. it's crazy how really almost everything has changed especially people lol. mines tha same experience whenever im on tha internet on youtube or somethin' I ask those that I conversate with after I get to know em if they like pokemon or anything like that I usually get a respectful reply but I have gotten that stereotypical "aren't you too old for pokemon????" nope, im a kid at heart miss my childhood so so much lol great comment

ahhhh yes that would what you would call a "Super Game Boy"

im tha same age lol that is a VERY unique introduction to pokemon awesome comment I love reading all tha memories of my generations I miss my childhood so so much lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    I remember back when I played Pokemon Red. It was so nostalgic for me XD I loved the music and everything just so... old-fashioned about the game. Every single moment when I was playing it, I'll never forget it. ^_^ I cherish those memories...

oh me & you both lol XD I miss those days so much I truly care for my childhood lol I love love LOVE tha pokemon music how could one forget that EPIC intro to Blue as champ!?

Blue:"You know what that means? I'm the most powerful trainer in thw world!" then that epic champion music plays I love love LOVE Blue's/Champion Theme

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    Ah, first time I had a bike and going to Rock Tunnel without Flash HM...it was pretty great. I was like hyped coz my cousins didn't know what to do in the game coz they were stuck in Cerulean XD nya~

you know what? I replayed (& still do occasionally) Pokémon (I had all versions at one time but traded a lot in when I was younger) Blue so many times I did that as well lol XD

Quote Originally Posted by silver_phoenix View Post
    the first time I played Pokemon, I had red Version. I got it with my very first gameboy! a Grape purple Gameboy Color! I got to the Safari Zone and I got stuck inside and I didn't know how to get to the back and get Surf. I never got to finish my copy of red because my sister in law threw out my Gameboy and my Pokemon game, as well as all my Pokemon cards and other anime related things.

ahhh nice I had a Light Greenish blue gbc (game boy color) then it got stolen in a waffle house but I got a special Pikachu & pichu gold gbc for my birthday afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by X&Y View Post
    My first memory of anything Pokemon was seeing parts of episodes at a neighbor's house but the first time I played the game I was so young and poorly versed in video games as a whole that it took me more than a day just to figure out how to leave my house -_-

LOL< I could just picture that the frustration tha RAGE lol XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina's Doll View Post
    Pokemon Red was my first game. I always used Charmander because it's cute and I felt obligated since Charizard was on the cover. Overall, I loved the game. My worst experience was trying to capture Kangaskhan in the Safari Zone.

me & you both on that kangaskhan lol XD. I had a trouble with chancey too if I remember lol. my first starter was Squirtle as when I first bought blue blastoise was my favorite behind mewtwo at tha time lol XD. I had pokemon blue,red, & yellow I restarted many times after I beat em so I choose all 3 at one time lol. btw Blastoise is still one of my favorite Pokémon

Pokemon Blue was one of the first games I have ever played in my entire life. It had tons of memories and I lost count of it. I remember using a Raticate and getting despised for it. Now, even if I play the later games, I still couldn't forget all the memories I've had with these games. To think that these games would go on to awaken a sleeping giant.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

The first time I played Gen 1 game was Pokemon Stadium 1. Not as good as Stadium 2, which had a lot of updates.

The first rpg game I played was Gold. That's why I have a feeling so special for Generation II.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 6th April 2013 at 8:58 PM.

My best memory was when i first played yellow!I went to the forest and a weedle attacked me with poison sting and my pikachu was poisoned.So after the battle my gameboy screen was like going to destroyed cause to poison(You know when you make steps the screen is moving)..I didn't know at first that it was the poison so i panicked!Haha..great memories
    DON'T WORRY LADIES!BROCK IS HERE!

FOR TRADE:
    Lv70 Relaxed nature || ALAMOS Event
    x3 Lv50 Hardy,mild,bold nature || WIN2011 Modest flawless nature
    x2 Lv50 docile,naughty nature || GAMESTP
    x2 sassy,nasty nature || Oblivia
    adamant flawless nature || TRU
    Jolly flawless nature (MAY2010) || TRU
    Shiny Event || TRU
    Shiny Event || TRU
    Shiny Event ||

Looking For any shiny(Prefer Pokeradar's)

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/2w658r6.png[/IMG]

I first heard about Pokemon from the other kids at my school (I was 10 at the time) and watched the anime on TV. I remember the first episode i watched was The Path To The Pokemon League and i love it. Then i learned about the Gameboy games so i had to have them. I picked Pokemon Red because red is my favorite colour and i picked Charmander as my starter Pokemon because i've always thought that the element of fire is really cool.

My first game was yellow. Never beat brock. I'm still stuck at pewter city. Any suggestions.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

I played on my friends one before my birthday, and on my bday I got a pokemon blue and gameboy (around European release time).
    I didn't know how to walk out of the house, so my adventure took a while to begin haha..
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

The first time I heard about Pokemon..

A few boys at school in my year level were running around throwing tennis balls at people and going go Charmander or go Pikachu. I was like WTF are you talking about!

Long story short I got Pokemon Blue and thought this is the best thing ever! My first memories of the game was grinding to get Charmeleon before Brock and smashing him. Then grinding again to beat Misty with my Charizard.

I played my Pokemon Blue, picked Blastoise, and went through the whole game with only Blastiose and Pidgeot XD
    "Hey! Who're you calling short?!" -Edward Elric
    Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle! I love CLAMP work ^__^

I don't really remember how I got into pokemon, weather I saw a commercial for the games and wanted it or if my parents just got it thinking I'd like it. I was five years old and got myself a GBC and a copy of both Red/Blue an I've been a fan of the games ever since. I would always pick charmander as my starter cause I thought he was the best looking on some occasions I would choose squirtle cause I liked Blastoise too. What's even better to me was that Red/Blue were my very first games I ever owned.
    My best friend also got the game and we would always play together. Eventually I got Yellow version along with the link cable so then both of us could actually battle and trade. I remember always getting a Male nidoran on my team because I thought Nidoking was a beast, which he was. That an I would always get the magikarp for $500, training that thing to level 20 was a real pain but it was well worth it. I would play the crap out of my R/B/Y I would do(almost) everything, beating the Elite four, capture the legendaries, catch Missingno but never having the guts to do the glitches. I would then restart the game and do it all over again I couldn't tell you how many times I restarted those games.
    However to this day I still regret selling them. Even though I had sold both my GBA and SP to buy the DS only to find out GBC games couldn't fit >.< I could have just kept my R/B/Y and Soul version to eventually buy another SP. But why I sold them idk, I'm hopping at some point I can go to my local Gamers store buy a working GBA or SP and a working copy of either R/B/or Y, possibly even G/or S. Just so I could play them again like old times.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I miss my Red/Blue/Yellow games...... i usually chose Charmander but i chose each starter every new game to try em all out..... since bulbasaur couldnt get poisend whic in the begining of the game poison is hell to deal with since you dont have hi HP yet..... anyways i even remember trying to raise that Turd of a magicarp for the first time..... i even remember my team which was: Charizard,Lapras,Victorybell,Pikachu,Kadabra,Snorl ax

I loved Pokemon then and still do now
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

First time I've played the game, I got hooked to it already. The first time I've played wasn't mine but someone else's and it really was a great time, though a bit difficult but it was fun overall. I remembered we kinda used just one strong Pokemon and kept teaching it moves we thought back then were cool, including HM moves.
    - Nate the

The nostalgia... it's all coming back to me now, I got my first copy of pokemon red when I was 6 years old, I am 19 now and pokemon was amazing back then, I mean it still is but... it's different now. Anyway I remember the elite 4 being a pain in the a** back then. Those were the good old days, I still have my gameboy and play pokemon red sometimes just for the sake of remembering those days
    5/7/2011 ---> Shiny 8716 SRs

20/8/2012 ---> Shiny tranquil -> 20 random encounters

12/07/2013 ---> Shiny Rayquaza -> 83 SRs
    15/07/2013 ---> Shiny Groudon -> 851 SRs
    30/07/2013 ---> Shiny Kyogre -> 1529 SRs

3DS Friend Code : 4699-6214-1047
    Safari : jigglypuff, dedenne, flabebe

When I was much younger, I would pick Charmander. At first, I would not make it to Pewter City for quite some time (because Charmander would keep fainting and/or get poisoned). So one day, I somehow got good enough to get past Victory Road, but I would keep losing to the Elite Four (I must have had a bad team). Nowadays, I feel like the "Gen. 1 Pokémon Prince of the Midwest".

Today actually marks my 13th anniversary playing Pokemon! I was given Pokemon Yellow as a gift from my Uncle and Aunty, so my very first Pokemon was Pikachu of course. I loved that game so much and I can still remember the 1st time I beat the Elite Four, probably because the situation it happened in was memorable too. We actually had a blackout so we placed heaps of candles everywhere in the kitchen and during that time was when I beat the Elite Four for the 1st time.

Unfortunately my Pokemon Yellow died recently but I started up my old Pokemon stadium and found that I had registered my Pokemon from Yellow. I found my original Pikachu and trainer ID and decided to use Pokesav to completely recreate my Pikachu, with the same stats and everything. I even made it "Met at Level 5" and "Met on 21st of May, 2000".
    My shiny Pokemon:
    111 eggs (Also my 649th Pokemon) 194 eggs

The first Gen 1 game I played was Yellow, which I got in late 2002 a couple months after getting Gold. By that time, I had been watching the anime for over 4 years and had seen the Kanto episodes many times. So, I spent much of my first Yellow playthrough noticing all the similarities between the game and the anime. There were many times when I thought, "I remember that" or "That reminds me of the episode where..."

I also remember being hilariously terrible at the game:
    -Trying to beat Brock with Pikachu and failing many times
    -Losing to the rival a lot because I didn't train enough
    -Not knowing how to get into Saffron
    etc.
    Not as bad as my Gold playthrough, but still...

I later bought used copies of Red, Blue, and Green, and I remember having a much easier time beating those games.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast