Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you almost died?

Default Have you almost died?

Self explanatory. Answer if you'd like.

I have, twice. Both from medical issues.

If this topic already exists please inform me.
    Hail zee master Arceus!

One time I had pneumonia or hypothermia and I almost died. Also when I was a kid a tv fell on my head.
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-

Name: Tyler Dure
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, US
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

"You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

Yes, I have.

I was at a concert in March and I was shoved to the ground and trampled by a bunch of obsessive One Direction fangirls. Yeah, that's why I don't like 1D's fans anymore, they nearly killed me.

No, the obsessive fans did.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

When I was a baby I was very ill and I went to many hospitals.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Before I was one year old. I was in the hospital and I had a massive hole in my heart. Daddy told me my eyes were like... ye know... rolling back or something? when I was in the ER but the doctors done everything they could do and yeah, I was in the hospital for like 4 months or 8 something. By the time I started to walk properly on foot, I was like 2 years old, nya~

When I was starting my 6th grade year I had pneumonia. I think I had it again in March of my 6th grade year.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I ran into a rabid dog once on the way to the supermarket.

I never ran so fast in my life.

I've almost drowned. Twice.

I've almost drowned twice: once at a pool party and the other at summer camp. That is why I'm absolutely terrified of drowning, b/c I was close enough to it for one thing and the other being you actually can still see as you die, which is scary for me. It's a guarantee where I'm going when I die, but how I die, that's not : / lol...sort of.

The other being an allergic reaction to some medicine when I was little and nearly getting hit by a car, but yeah. I'm terrified of drowning is the real statement here
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

No. There have been situations where I could have potentially died but quick action and luck have prevented any situation from getting so bad that my survival was in doubt.

And I have had my car spin out of control over an entire highway and puked my stomach dry from dehydration amongst other things. But things turned out fine. (minus hospital bills anyway)
    Last edited by Zazie; 14th January 2013 at 3:22 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I almost drowned when I was eight. I still fear swimming (and do NOT ask me about it...).
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

Once when I was crossing the street, I was being careless and not noticing a car coming. If it wasn't for my friends being there to warn me, I probably wouldn't be here.

I've had plenty of near-death experiences, but 2 stick out to me the most.

First was when I was 7 years old. This was at the beach, and a storm was rolling in. My dad had taught me how to ride waves that summer, and we saw how huge the waves were on the shore, so despite how dark and forboding and windy the weather was, we went out. Unfortunately there was a horrible undertow, and we got trapped a ways offshore. My dad had not taught me how to properly escape riptides, so he had to resort to picking me up above his head to keep me from drowning, making it very difficult for him to swim. We were luckily spotted by some lifeguards, but that could've been the end.
    My poor mother with my infant brother was watching in horror from the hotel balcony the entire time.

2nd time is much less of a story. I was biking in town and crossed a tricky 4-way intersection (only 2-way stop sign) without really looking. A very fast car missed me by mere feet. Or should I say I missed it, it didn't really show any signs of trying to avoid me. heh.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

I had a asthma attack when I was four, I spent a couple of weeks in the hospital
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

I've had two so far, both when I was a baby - one time I choked on a bandage and just managed to vomit it out as the ambulance arrived (how long was I suffocating, anyway? At least two minutes? Sure, there was a hospital nearby, but still...), and the other time was when I got pneumonia weeks after I was born, though that was less of a threatening situation, I think. I caught pneumonia again when I was four, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    I've almost drowned twice: once at a pool party and the other at summer camp. That is why I'm absolutely terrified of drowning, b/c I was close enough to it for one thing and the other being you actually can still see as you die, which is scary for me. It's a guarantee where I'm going when I die, but how I die, that's not : / lol...sort of.
    lolwut? wanna expound on that statement?
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Yes.
    I was in Disney world (go figure) and I was at one of the water parks and in line for one of the reeeeealy high slides and they had decorative snow that was about 5 ft high and on the other side of that was about a 4 or 5 story drop. And being a 6 year old I decided to climb up on it and almost sloped off the hill.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I've had a few.
    When I was born there were complications, had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks.
    Almost drowned when I was 6.
    Was trampled by a horse at age 8.
    Had a cliff side fall on top of me at 16.

Other less serious but still possible life threatening times include: a car accident at around 7, an attempted kidnapping at 3, being cut by jerks at school around 15, and my first allergic reaction towards mint (my throat swelled and I needed surgery).
    .....it's a surprise I am still alive TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by WechyPichu View Post
    I've almost drowned. Twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    I've almost drowned twice:
    Now that ye mentioned it, I almost drown as well o_o I thought I was safe on neck-heigh water on the lake, but suddenly when i was moving my feet about underwater, I couldn't feel the ground anymore and I suddenly fell in. It was like falling off a cliff, but I swam up and shouted, "Waaaaah help!" to my friend. Glad she was just right in front of me and she dragged me in. I didn't swim for ages after that :c And it was a field trip...nya~

Asides from the usual stuff such as not seeing cars until the latest moment, one incident sticks out particularly. We were holidaying in Caen and my dad was having fun trying to navigate the city in the car. Unwittingly, he drove across a train track not more than a second before a train went past, approaching from the side me and my mother were sat on. To this day he can't remember it (I don't think he was even aware at the time) which is a tad upsetting considering how close his stupidity came to ensuring the certain deaths of his wife and child.

I had a car accident when I was ten, I broke two ribs on my right side, three on the other, I think. Punctured a lung, collapsed the other, and lacerated my kidneys and liver. But it was pretty much the best thing that could've happened in the scenario. See, my mom passed out while she was driving, and the car began swaying to the other side, then a big truck begins coming up on the other side, so I grab the wheel to turn it the other way, but I was a bit... over zealous with the wheel grabbing, and we go down a hill and into a tree, hence the injuries. Still better then going into truck imo.

I also nearly drowned, but seeing how everyone and their mother nearly drowned on here, I'll just save that story for a different time.

I was close to being a stillborn. My mom had a C-section with me because the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck four times. They got me breathing after about a minute or so, I don't exactly know the details. I just know that Dad said when they got me out, I was like purple, and when they got to hold me, I was pink.

Ee-yup.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I had a rock thrown at the back of my head when I was in Grade 3 (I was eight). I had been playing with some friends by some trees, when I felt a pain in the back of my head, now, I thought I had just smacked my head on the tree. I brought my hand up to my head, pulled it back, only to be greeted with blood. I ran home and my parents took me to the emergency room.

I needed 5 stiches and missed school for 2 weeks.

I almost died of croup when I was about 2 years old. I think that was the closest experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast