Thread: new to pokemon games

Default new to pokemon games

like the title says ive just started playing black version trying to find out hoe to get first geneteation pokemon abra and charmander in particular. when i go to the wifi trade thing in game it only had monstets ive met in game. is there a way to get the ones i eant to appear not sute how i go about getting them.

Hi, welcome! You see, in black version the only pokemon you can find in the wild are the newest, generation 5 pokemon, UNTIL you have beaten the game (ie the elite four and champion). Then in the new areas you will be able to find some older pokemon, as well as outbreaks in any areas. As for wifi, if you are talking about the standard GTS (not negotiations), then yes, it only lets you search for pokemon you have registered on your pokedex, either by catching or just seeing in a battle. However, if you go to GTS negotiations you might be able to find someone offering an older pokemon or one you haven't seen yet. Or, you could try to find such a trade partner in this forum under the gen 5 trading section! And one last thing, don't call the pokemon "monsters"...yes technically they are "pocket monsters", but MOST people who are fans of the series, at least in America, don't use that term. Just saying :-).
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Darato is offline ❤ ❤❤ ❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤❤[

Welcome to sppf!

If you need any help or just want a friend feel free to ask me.

L.F.D.

OMG! Y DO ALL OF THE NEWB POSTS SAY DARATO ON THEM! AHHH!

Ahem. Anyway, welcome! Have you seen X and Y yet, the 6th gen?

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard