Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Journey Into the Frontier [Discussion Thread]

Default Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Journey Into the Frontier [Discussion Thread]

This thread has been approved by Kamotz.

This is a discussion thread for anything about plot elements, ideas, or other OoC stuff. It can also be used to ask any questions you have for me or other players related to this RP.

Spoiler:- The Plot (If you're too lazy to look at the Sign Up thread):

Rules

1. Serebii rules apply here, obviously.
    2. No Godmodding, please. Your character isn't Arceus, after all.
    3. No bunnying other player characters. NPCs can be controled sometimes, but be sure to notify me before hand since I'll be controlling them.
    4. You WILL be a basic evolution Pokemon, so don't expect to get Haxorus or something. You will be able to evolve later on. And yes, it is possible that you can be a Pokemon who only has one stage, such as Absol or Druddigon
    5. our character will start with 4 moves but learn more later on. You are not restricted to 4 moves, so once you get more you can use any of them.
    6. Posts should state where your character's name and where they are. It should look something like this:
    Billy Mays
    Nowheresville

7. Enjoy the RP!

Accepted Characters

Toby Kasey-Dawson (SpyroxPikachu) - Ralts
    Cindy K. Black (VampirateMace) - Chickorita
    Aaron Miles (Elysian) - Sandshrew
    Mawill Stonemason (biggggg5) - Scyther
    Alex Morgan (gmoyes) - Magnemite
    Mason Inka (AperatureScience) - Duskull
    Ashton Stone (Cometstarlight) - Eevee
    Jacques de Caix d'Hervelois (goldensteambun) - Cranidos
    Lucas Serenes (Andydemon) - Oshawott
    Irelan Bracken (Cipher) - Zubat
    Harry Jones (deltakurumiru4) - Mienfoo
    Emily Green (Keldminrachi91) - Joltik

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

I'm a bit curious about one thing. If there are going to be missons, will the group be spilt up into different teams, or go as one team? And if it's a messing of different teams, will we be able to choose or will you randomize us?
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

And I wonder how evolution will play a part in this? will it be aveilable some time when the main story ends after an eventual final boss?

What types of thing will we be able to find on the ship? Anything important or just some random items? There's bound to be some stuff in there we can use, but will there be anything of our own belonging that might spark some memories? I don't really want to go on without knowing what we might find.
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

@deltakurumiru4 - You'll probably split up for normal missions, but for important plot related missions you'll go as one group.

@Elysian - Evolution will be a factor in the story. You will almost definately get a chance to evolve. How exactly, will be revealed in time.

@gmoyes - Well you'd probably find the soaked remmnants of whatever was left on the ship, such as any of the character's or crew's personnal belongings that were left behind. Something else will be in there too (Yes, I am being vague on purpose).

Sorry for not posting yesterday by the way, I was doing other things and by the time I got to working on a post I realized it had gotten way too late.

When the time comes that we do start evolving do we eventually have to become our third stage if we have one or can we stay in our second form?

Quote Originally Posted by Andydemon View Post
    When the time comes that we do start evolving do we eventually have to become our third stage if we have one or can we stay in our second form?
    Well obviously you choose whether you'd want to evolve or not. It's not like I'm going to force it on you.

Hey guys, if you want my character to find something that belonged to your character in the passenger cabins, could to tell me what, provided that it clears with Billy Mays of course.

Edit: In fact, it might be easier for Billy Mays to say what is allowed to be found and what's not.
    Last edited by gmoyes; 16th January 2013 at 1:38 AM.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats

Quote Originally Posted by gmoyes View Post
    Hey guys, if you want my character to find something that belonged to your character in the passenger cabins, could to tell me what, provided that it clears with Billy Mays of course.
    If it is possible, can you look for Jacques's handkerchief ? it looks something like in this drawing u v u

Also if you guys want your character to be drawn like that just PM/VM me okay ^^

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post

If it is possible, can you look for Jacques's handkerchief ? it looks something like in this drawing u v u
    You drew that? If so, that's actually really cool.

But yeah, stuff like clothing or other personal belongings. Just think of what your character would bring with you on a trip. But remember that everything would've gotten wet when the ship sank, so everything would've experience water damage, so stuff like photographs would probably be damaged or ruined. If you find anything I have a problem with, I'll inform you, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
    You drew that? If so, that's actually really cool.

But yeah, stuff like clothing or other personal belongings. Just think of what your character would bring with you on a trip. But remember that everything would've gotten wet when the ship sank, so everything would've experience water damage, so stuff like photographs would probably be damaged or ruined. If you find anything I have a problem with, I'll inform you, don't worry.
    Oh yes, I can draw simple pokemon stuff like that, so if you guys want just gimme a shout u v u

And I assumed Jacques's handkerchief is okay to bring ~?

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

I would think it would be okay to find Harry's black gi. Something to remind him of his dojo.
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

That's just silly to ask. Obviously clothing is completely fine.

Announcer: And watch as the nerd hastily goes off on his own and is about to be jumped on by a bunch of zombies.

LOL. I guessing that a busted and waterlogged laptop, some old training supplies (a couple of potions, antidotes and the like) and a gym badge would be ok for my character to find that belong to him?
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats

I guess so. And minor healing items are ok to find to find as early game items, but nothing major like Revives or Full Restores or something.

Edit: In fact, it might be easier for Billy Mays to say what is allowed to be found and what's not.
    If you could be so kind and find Aarons bracelet? just imagine an old bracelet that looks very important. (lol, sorry for bad description)

Could he find Mawill's extra pair of glasses and blue ribbon?
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

If I were to have Lucas find something, to what extent can I have it allude to Riolu without outright saying it was his best friend? I was thinking just having Riolu's name written or engraved on something with no context added to it at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Andydemon View Post
    If I were to have Lucas find something, to what extent can I have it allude to Riolu without outright saying it was his best friend? I was thinking just having Riolu's name written or engraved on something with no context added to it at best.
    That's fine.

I am unable to update today, even though I wish I could. Very sorry about this; I'll try to do it tomorrow, but if I can't I will on Friday.

Tomorrow is Friday. lol
    Anyway, don't worry about it. Ss. Christine seems to be a popular exploring site

Well ok. But still, not being able to do anything until tomorrow makes me feel bad (I'm on my Wii right now; doing a post of any sizeable length is a nightmare on this browser).

I'm beginning to feel like I could use a Co-GM to help run this in case there times like now where I can't do anything.

I wouldn't worry too much, it seems all but a few of us are going pretty slow. There are those that have only posted at least once or twice (or in Spyro's case hasn't posted at all.) Though I'm not gonna say they outright abandoned the RP, I feel it's too soon to make that judgement.

My point is I don't feel anything requires your immediate update right now, but if you're gonna post tomorrow anyway it won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
    I'm beginning to feel like I could use a Co-GM to help run this in case there times like now where I can't do anything.
    If you're looking for a co-GM, I think I'd like to give it a shot. I'm probably one of the more experianced rpers here but I haven't been a GM before.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats

If you're looking for a co-GM, I think I'd like to give it a shot. I'm probably one of the more experianced rpers here but I haven't been a GM before.
    No doubt you could do the job, but if I were to get a Co-GM I wouldn't want them to be one of your guys. Its more fun if none of you know what to expect.

^ And we are kinda running out of stuff to do at Ss. Christine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast