Thread: Do you want to see Specialshipping brought out into fruition?

Default Do you want to see Specialshipping brought out into fruition?

Apparently in 2005, Kusaka confirmed in his twitter that Red and Yellow are indeed a couple, or "Valentines" or whatever. But in their next appearance (if they have a next appearance) do you want to see Red and Yellow as actually a couple? As of HGSS, Red is 19 and Yellow is 17. They're not little kids anymore so if they indeed have feelings for each other then they are at the age where they would probably cough it up and start dating if they want to. But do you want that to actually happen? Would intra-relationships within Dexholders be a good idea? In my opinion, if there really were to be at least one Dexholder couple then I think it should be Red and Yellow since their shipping is the most popular as well as one of the oldest. And the last we saw of Red and Yellow were when they were at 16 and 14, which was when Yellow ceased to be all shy and awkward around Red now that he knew she was a girl and started growing more confident while Red...I think he may have grown a bit more fond of her like when he held her body in his arms and started praising her actions. And of course, no hint bombs have been dropped more than for Specialshipping (excluding Franticshipping but that one was actually confirmed so I won't count that).

I posted this somewhere else, but I might as well also place it here.

In regards to Specialshipping, both characters are pretty bland when there is nothing going on and they could definitely use some character development beyond "he likes to fight" and "she's a pacifist". It would be nice to see a chapter that realistically puts them into a relationship and furthers them both as characters. It would actually be an interesting story to see some conflict between the two, actually. Red's solution to every problem is to hit it while Yellow's solution is to talk to it, reason with it, distract it, subdue it, or, after all of the above have failed, hit it only if necessary. Conflict could give the two more characterization, could put forward a theme of finding the balance between peace and violence in conflict resolution (since the Yellow chapter did not do it very well), and it would make a relationship between the two seem more believable because it would reveal that the two do not always agree on everything that the other does.

I really like both the characters. It doesn't matter what the other things regarding it convey. They are just fabulous.

Thumbs up

Seriously i like the specialshipping because they both have a lot in common and there are a lot of hints that yellow likes red so i thing that the shipping is possible and that they should make it happens as it is one of the most popular shippings

This was bumped after over 30 days of inactivity, so I'm going to have to close it.