Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you like to have Aura be seen more?

Default Would you like to have Aura be seen more?

The one thing I enjoy about Pokemon, besides the battle and adventures, is the concept of Aura that they added since the 8th Movie and possibly before that, which is debatable. I just figured that at some point they can implement it more into the anime and I believe use it as some sort of major plot point in the anime that will involve Ash to just learn completely how to control his aura. I just think that it would be awesome for the anime and the franchise in general. Anyone else thinks so too?

Nah, the anime is about the pokemon fighting, not Ash fighting. It'd just be kind of weird, if anything.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Well I'm not talking about Ash fighting or anything, Im just saying to use it as a plot that requires Ash to learn how to use the essentials of it like sensing the aura around him to help him in pokemon battles and possibly help save the world again like he did so many times in different movies.

The impression that I've gotten from Aura was that it was strictly a one-off thing because Lucario promotion.

I wouldn't like it to be seen again, nor do I think I will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Guardian Ash View Post
    The one thing I enjoy about Pokemon, besides the battle and adventures, is the concept of Aura that they added since the 8th Movie and possibly before that, which is debatable. I just figured that at some point they can implement it more into the anime and I believe use it as some sort of major plot point in the anime that will involve Ash to just learn completely how to control his aura. I just think that it would be awesome for the anime and the franchise in general. Anyone else thinks so too?
    Have you ever looked into the Shadow Pokemon series for the gamecube. It's similar in a way I suppose. Also I have to agree, I hate it when shows or movies introduce things and then just completely drop it as if it never happened. At best they could at least reference it in future episodes, seeing as how their has been a riolou in the last few episodes.

I would like, but what can the writers can do in order to continue the concept of Aura with Ash
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    The impression that I've gotten from Aura was that it was strictly a one-off thing because Lucario promotion.

I wouldn't like it to be seen again, nor do I think I will be.
    dont they say that they scan your aura in PMD? when they have you touch the screen and take a deep breath.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

They've mentioned Aura a few times throughout the series since the concept got introduced (possibly earlier if you count the GameCube RPGs, though GameFreak doesn't), but the reason why it doesn't get used more is simply because it's not particularily important to the franchise on a whole.
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

Well, I understand that as part of the concept of Pokemon it isnt important, but I think that they should at least use it more and possibly use it in a way that can foreshadow something big in the near future, whatever it may be

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Guardian Ash View Post
    Well, I understand that as part of the concept of Pokemon it isnt important, but I think that they should at least use it more and possibly use it in a way that can foreshadow something big in the near future, whatever it may be
    Maybe in a spin-off, but NEVER in the mainline Pokemon anime or games.
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

Quote Originally Posted by Maetch View Post
    Maybe in a spin-off, but NEVER in the mainline Pokemon anime or games.
    i wouldn't mind a spin-off, but I was kind of hoping to at least have it done in some way in the anime, maybe even a movie, but a spin-off with aura wouldn't be so bad at all

Well, I'd like not to see it, but I'd prefer if they acknowledge it; now that they've brought it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

Heck they could just combine it with the shadow series, your starter has always been predetermined anyways why not make it Lucario. I guess a spin off about aura would be kind of cool though. I usually don't buy the spin off games anymore, but it would be cool. Didn't the Lucario movie have something about a war using pokemon and Lucarios trainer used aura or something. Never watched the whole thing through so the details are a little fuzzy. They could make a spin off based around that.......Just not like Pokemon Conquest never played it but I heard it didn't do so good.

I would prefer it if they never brought it up again, it really served no purpose than to make him more "god-like"
    ~marioluigifan05

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I would prefer it if they never brought it up again, it really served no purpose than to make him more "god-like"
    ~marioluigifan05
    I wouldn't want him to be "god-like" either. I mean, as long as we see his aura ability be used to help Pokemon while on his journey then that will be fine with me. Also, for some reason I think that with everything he has been through, with seeing legendary Pokemon, that the writers might be using aura as a force for some sort of big storyline later on. I mean, they could have stooped using Aura as a theme after the 8th movie, but they kept in the anime, i know its only in a few episodes, but there has to be a reason why they didn't stop mentioning or using it after the 8th movie.

It reminds me of the "Eagle Vision" mechanic of the Assassin's Creed series. I think that's what you're comparing too
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Yes, I wanted to see Aura more, but I think that it won't happen. It was the charm of Lucario in its movie, and they probably won't use it again.

Aura was a silly idea to begin with, I'm glad it was dropped.

I say that the Aura concept will return, but soon, I expect in the new Generation.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    I say that the Aura concept will return, but soon, I expect in the new Generation.
    Or it will continue not appearing in anything, because there's zero application for it in the games (where it's never really appeared in the first place beyond the name of one attack) and it's largely superfluous in the anime.

Let's go with that.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Maybe if it where just the pokemons battle auras used in various anime and movies for pokemon, anger, battle spirit, etc, but for pokemon trainers, that's stupid I think.
    Last edited by ven?; 17th January 2013 at 6:52 AM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Or it will continue not appearing in anything, because there's zero application for it in the games (where it's never really appeared in the first place beyond the name of one attack) and it's largely superfluous in the anime.

Let's go with that.
    That said, there's the idea of aura like one of Lucario's traits in Super Smash Bros. Brawl where the strength of his attacks is dependant on his state in the fight. I don't know if I would like it but if it were, it could drastically change the meta-game.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    That said, there's the idea of aura like one of Lucario's traits in Super Smash Bros. Brawl where the strength of his attacks is dependant on his state in the fight.
    Abilities that increase the power of attacks of certain type when HP drops below a certain point are already in the game.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Abilities that increase the power of attacks of certain type when HP drops below a certain point are already in the game.
    I know but I mean as a general mechanic overall.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I think it would have been nice to have seen it in battles a bit, like provoked Pokémon or somethin' like that.

Saaatoshi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast