Thread: should pokemon have more or less personality???yes or no???

Cool should pokemon have more or less personality???yes or no???

People of serebii my opinion stands clear,should pokemon such as ashes oshowatt and iris's aew have more or less personality to evolve???please respond asap.to me your opinion does matter.for all you water type lovers out there i hope you'll agree with me.because i am a water type user and a warior of all things water type.

Maybe not more personality, exactly, just more memorable and fleshed out. They shouldn't just slap a random trait/emotion on a Pokemon and then decides that automatically makes it a good character.
    ~marioluigifan05

Pokemon with personality makes it interesting. It helps develop the story.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2251 - 5899 - 9250

Ideally, Pokemon should both have personality and be able to evolve, but if it's a trade-off between the two, I'd rather have personality.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Ideally, Pokemon should both have personality and be able to evolve, but if it's a trade-off between the two, I'd rather have personality.
    I never got why it seems like a trade-off or why the Pokemon can't evolve an retain its personality. Even as a Dewott, Oshawott could still be cute and whatnot (just soften up the face).

In regards to wild Pokemon, I don't exactly expect them to display an emotional spectrum similar to a human but a Trainer's personality will likely rub off on his/her Pokemon as they grow accustom to each other. I think Professor Oak said something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Me too. I'd hate to have a character that has no personality what-so-ever just because the writers just wanted it to evolve. I would want Pokemon to have both though.

Now I understand what the question is asking.

They should focus more on personality and less on battles and evolution, appearance and skill in the battlefield is not the same as character worth.
    ~marioluigifan05

Quote Originally Posted by Akuroma View Post
    Pokemon with personality makes it interesting. It helps develop the story.
    The Pokemon need MORE personality it needs to be like MLP FIM!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I like clearly defined personalities when they play into the storylines. Paul, for example, sought out Pokemon who were aggressive and responded well to harsh, rigorous training, and most of his go-to Pokemon like Ursaring and Weavile reflected that. Just little things that flesh out the characters of the trainers based on what kind of relationship they have with their Pokemon.

I'm not a huge fan of when a Pokemon exists mostly for its personality but it doesn't play a role in the story or is hardly even acknowledged by the trainers. Oshawott is the prime example of this, where his goofiness never really has an impact on anything.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Great personality!I agree with your points.
    It skills seems to be a Western style!
    If there is a hope,I would give you a way !
    My store: L501x Akku, Akku 3700

Personality almost always comes at the expense of power. paul's pokemon had no personality, he just sought out naturally vicious pokemon except turwig since he had no choice in the matter.

So if it means we have more Glalies and Kinglers over bulbasaurs and Oshawotts I'm all for it.

Personality FTW. That was one thing that I got attached to seeing pokemon when I was really young (i'm 20 now), I really enjoyed seeing Pokemon have different personalities, i love seeing them playing and interacting with other pokemon. Personality make pokemon what they are today. IMHO.

I say more. It would be interesting!!
    ~Working on getting a sig~