Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you use a masterball for a shiny or legendary

Default Would you use a masterball for a shiny or legendary

And no, you can't say none of them or both...
    ~~~~I Am Teh Epic Dude~~~~

Legendary battle would be epic :3

i would only ever use a master ball on a shiny that can end the battle by itself, using moves such as explosion or roar.

“... even if the world line changes, as long as you don't forget me, i'm there.”
    myanimelist || hummingbird || vndb || tumblr || last.fm

I would use a Master Ball on a Shiny I liked... IF I EVER FOUND ONE!!!
    Add me!

Black FC: 0648-0066-9349

Black 2 FC: 0175-9215-2857

My Shinies: (x2)

Shinies I'm looking for:

I do not accept hacks. If a Pokemon I trade you turns out to be hacked, I will trade back.

PM me if you want to trade!

How bout a Shiny Legendary?
    ~marioluigifan05

Think I used my Masterball in Silver and Emerald on Lugia and Raquaza respectively. In FireRed I SRed for a shiny Mewtwo, so kinda used it on both. Since using it on Palkia in Pearl and then having a shiny Kadabra teleport away from me I've learned my lesson and now save it for a shiny. Not that I've seen one since then...
    SOUL SILVER

I have used my masterball on mostly legendaries, only because so far the only wild shiny I have yet to encounter was a level 3 ratata.... sigh.

I would use a master ball on a legendary that runs away. If the legendary that flees was a shiny then I'd (lose my mind and cry heavily) catch it in a master ball.

If I ever found a shiny Rayquaza......

All bets would be off and all the Master Balls would be thrown; granted I don't drown myself in tears.
    Last edited by OrcaCity; 14th January 2013 at 7:25 PM.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Yeah I would on a legendary. After I prove to myself that I can catch it without it, then it's just soft resetting to get one with great IVs. I have no patience for weakening and catching only to know the thing is garbage. Masterball ftw

There used to be a time when I'd chuck a master ball at a legendary. But now I'll reserve it instead for a shiny, granted I ever come across one...

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaCity View Post
    I would use a master ball on a legendary that runs away. If the legendary that flees was a shiny then I'd (lose my mind and cry heavily) catch it in a master ball.
    I'm fairly certain roaming legendaries don't change at all once they flee, so it would still be shiny if you encountered it again. However, I'd use a Masterball on one of them out of paranoia lol.

I'd use a Masterball on a shiny if it could flee or selfdestruct/explode and also if I felt I might risk causing it to faint before being able to capture it with regular balls.

Team in training:

Legendary. Sometimes they are way too hard for me to catch.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Most of the times I keep Master Balls for unexpected hard Shinies.
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

Only if I have no other options. That's why it's there.

Spoiler:- mega wishlist:

I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Well I would always use master balls for roaming legendaries, but besides that I don't use the master ball

Depending on how lazy I am, I'll Master Ball anything.

Used the masterball on Kyurem in Black 2 because he was the mascot, otherwise only as a last resort on shinies.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs
    Current Hunt:

I always use it on a legendary
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

Me, I use only in Legendaries, for me they are more hard to catch. I think a shiny only makes you feel excited that makes you to catch it on the 1st attempt.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

A legendary, definitely. There's plenty of shinies out there. They're rare, but limit-less. And they aren't any harder to catch than normal Pokemon. Legendaries, there is only one of each, and they are REALLY hard to catch.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Quote Originally Posted by Aakash98 View Post
    Well I would always use master balls for roaming legendaries, but besides that I don't use the master ball
    same here.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

In the past I always used Master Balls on lengendaries, but now I try to save it for a shiny, just in case it is one of those hard to catch Pokemon.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I use my masterballs for shinies because, in my experience, shinies are much rarer than legendaries (I don't Softreset or anything like that). I have only encountered one shiny pokemon in the wild in my entire time of playing Pokemon, which was a Throh that I unexpectedly came across while training my Deino up on Route 13 (next to the victory road) in Pokemon White while everyone else in the party was level 70 and above.

Shinies. I can catch a legendary without a Master Ball, so I may as well save it for emergencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Shinies. I can catch a legendary without a Master Ball, so I may as well save it for emergencies.
    Well I assume you still would try some normal pokeballs first, right? Sure you wouldn't want to risk fainting it, but I see no problem with, if it's a fairly weak pokemon, just trying some other balls first, right?
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

I used to use masterballs on legendaries, but I've started saving them for shinies.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast