Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you use a masterball for a shiny or legendary

I try to avoid using the masterball, but I will use it for a shiny if I run out of everything else.

I almost never use Master Balls on Shinies. When it comes to them I usually try an Ultra Ball and call it good, because usually it is!
    I always use them on Legendaries. I don't have to battle them, which makes my life easier, and I get the Pokemon no matter what.

Only on a Shiny but when:
    e.g I've run out of other Pokeballs or Opp will run out of health/pp/PERISH SONG or the opp has selfdestruct/explosion in their moveset

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

On a legendary yes, on a shiny I don't think it's necessary as you shinies aren't hard to catch as they're just common Pokemons with an alternate color.

Except if the shiny is extremely hard to catch I would use it, but no, I prefer saving the Master Ball for a legendary.

I never use the master ball on legendaries unless it's a roamer and I get tired of chasing it around. Generally I save my master balls for shiny pokemon who I think might be able to use Roar or Whirlwind or Explosion or whatever.

Knowing my luck, I'd come across a shiny Abra, so I save them for shinies.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

My initial Master Balls are usually for catching shinies. If I have more than one per game cartridge and feel really lazy, sometimes I will use it on a legendary.
    Shinies: (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dream World Females:     Spoiler:- Click:

I'd rather save my Master Ball for roaming legendaries, unless its a shiny that can kill itself with Take Down etc., like Beldum.

Never use Master Ball on a legendary, since I can usually easily reset if something happens. I save mine for trouble shinies, like a random exploder or roarer when I don't have the right Pokémon with me or a shiny who's hurting themselves/poisoned/burned/using struggle/being hit by weather effects etc. Only time I ever used a Master Ball on a legend was Latias in Sapphire (lazy) and I used my first ever Master Ball on a regular Wailord, oh shame...
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

There's no real point in using them on legendaries, since you can save before battling them and reset if you happen to run out of Poke Balls. So I'd save mine on the off chance that I run across a shiny and can't quite manage to catch it otherwise. Of course, that depends entirely on the shiny, considering there's a good chunk of them that have such hideous colour combinations that I wouldn't bother to catch them anyway. /picky pants

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

Use the master ball as you please, it doesn't matter whether or not if it's a shiny. I would use it on a super rare one, of a Pokemon I like, of a shiny legendary (if it's possible to have a legitimate one).
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

I'd much rather catch a legendary with a master ball. Shiny Pokemon is not exactly something I seek and I usually catch regular wild Pokemon with a quick ball, great ball, or timer ball without weakening it.

If I saw a shiny roaming pokemon I would, just because I would be too scared of trying to weaken it thinking I might accidentally kill it.

Or if I saw a shiny legendary and had no other balls left then of course I would use a Master Ball.

I usually never use my Master Ball. I just like having it.

I remember this one time I used a Master Ball on a Magmar in Gold version because I was looking for a Magmar forever to breed for a Magby and when I finally found one I realized all I had was a Master Ball. So I threw it. My friends thought I was crazy for doing that.

On a shiny legendary.

I would only Masterball a shiny if it had any chance of killing itself from recoil, selfdestruct etc.

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

legendary. No one likes a shiny in a masterball.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I usually use mine on the mascot legendary.

If the shiny pokemon can use selfdestruct/explosion i would throw an master ball on it
    But most shinies aren't that great pokemon..
    Pokemon platinum team:
    Pokemon heartgold team:
    Pokemon black team:
    Pokemon white 2 team:

I use it on the mascot if it means I need to catch/defeat it to progress in the game. By then I've got my team of six so a legendary isn't going to make any difference to me.

I always regret using the masterball. Like just recently in Heart Gold I used the masterball on Ho-Oh and immediately regretted it because I'd much rather use the masterball on Suicine. But if I had a masterball when a shiny came along and it was one of my favorite Pokemon, I may use it. Maybe. Not sure, I've never been in that situation
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Generally I use a masterball on the legendary roamers a of the game or a shiny

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Easy, legendary. If someone sees a shiny in a master ball, their "cheated" sensors go crazy.
    Together we ride!
    "You can make anything you want go your way in life. You just have to know how to work the RNG."

Hmm. tough call! Normally I'd use a Master Ball on a roaming Legendary, just to aviod a headache of trying to catch one without it running away. But I would use one if the shiny was going to be a pain to capture(like if my pokemon were overpowered and did not have false swipe/any non KO'ing move).

Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:

The last time I used a masterball was in Pokemon Diamond to capture Dialga.
    Pokemon Black FC - 0476 1815 2250

I have an Arcanine and a Latias fully EV trained. Make me an offer.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Multiple Roundz

Shinies only appear on rare circumstances, so i'd just Ultra a legendary until I catch it.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast