Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you use a masterball for a shiny or legendary

I definitely like to use them for legendaries because it saves a lot of time and hassle in trying to catch them. I've had too many times where the legendary just ended up killing itself with struggle to not masterball it. I solved the one masterball per game problem by just catching a different legendary each time with the masterball. I'm planning to use it next for the legendary dogs whenever I restart HeartGold or SoulSilver (which I won't do until I obtain spiritomb, because I'm on the final Pokewalker route right now on HeartGold, but I rarely get the chance to take 9000 steps, so I may wait till BW2). The masterballs will come in handy with the Unova legendaries as I go along. It certainly helped me get all the Sinnoh legendaries by restarting Diamond and Pearl to get more masterballs.

As for shinies, I'd rather take my chance with pokeballs.
    New shinies week of 8/13-8/20: (event)
    New shinies week of 8/20-8/27:

Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; working on pokedex completion on X, Y, and OR

I'm finally wireless! Friend codes: 4571-0519-1537, 4571-0519-6173

A legend... simply because I have no found a shiny >_> Would use the masterball on a roaming legend. <.>
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Created by Sworn Metalhead

I generally end up not using the Master Ball at all. It's not that I'm saving it for a shiny specifically, though I would probably use it on a teleporter or an exploder. It's just that there's only one, so I've got to save it, y'know?

When I have used it, it's been on whichever legendary was the biggest pain in the butt to catch otherwise.

I'm saying this now, I've never lost a shiny Pokémon, and even in a last cut h situation I'd never use the wretched thing in my games to catch a shiny, I'd rather lose the shiny due to Struggle, Confusion recoil, Self-Destruct, Explosion, or Run away, I have my dignity and that master ball would ruin everything, I always trash my master balls

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

I play Destiny on PS4, hit me up if you wanna raid or do weekly's

no. if I trow all my pokéballs so I only have left my master ball... than yes.
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?
    I play smash bros too!

sadly I'm not online much...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123