Thread: The Rare ships of Pokemon

Default The Rare ships of Pokemon

Being a fan of rare pairings has been there for sometime now, I decided to create this page hoping for people to come up with a rare pairing and share their opinion with and to have an awesome time while at it.

This has nothing to do with the more famous pairings, just a way to unleash our imaginations, have a great time sharing the pairings we find rare and enjoy other's thoughts. bringing picture, fanfictions and Fan made videos to enforce our opinions.

Rare Pairings i like.

BootlegPearlshipping: AshXPrincess Salvia
    OthelloShipping: AshXHilda
    AshXRosa
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

Well, really, only a few ships don't fall into this category, if we count everything from Ash x Ho-oh to Arceus x Bidoof. I'm just going to assume that you mean ships between main and/or supporting characters.

I can think of two ships which are pretty uncommon that I ship - HeartSoulShipping (Ethan x Lyra) and MascheraShipping (Looker x Aurea Juniper). I've hardly ever seen fanart or fanfics, especially not for the latter.

Palletshipping's not rare, It's still fairly popular, but its loosing its popularity quickly due to the fact that Gary's hardly around anymore and they tried to "replace" him with Paul -grumbles at that purple haired jerk- At least on here it is, not quite the same on deviantart. I remember a time where there were Palletshippers galore. Now I feel i'm the only one.

Now if you want a weird one that I haven't heard anyone talk about...
    Gary/Blastoise. Seeing as how Blastoise was Gary's first pokemon, his most powerful pokemon, and he kisses its pokeball.
    Gary/Umbreon. Kinda obvious Umbreon to Gary is like Ashes Pikachu.
    I kinda like Delia and Sammy. Their just so cute.
    Last ones weird but...Ash/Food...Any kind of food...Ash is always hungry...and we all know how much fun food can be I mean yah...

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

I always saw Fatherlyshipping (Falkner x Janine) to be rare, whereas Falkner x Morty and Falkner x Skyla seem to be a bit more common. :/

That's probably it from my Oteepees. XD

Though I don't ship it, Rebel (Hilbert x Bianca) and whatever Cheren x Hilda is (Checkmate?) also seem to be rare. :P
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I always saw Fatherlyshipping (Falkner x Janine) to be rare, whereas Falkner x Morty and Falkner x Skyla seem to be a bit more common. :/
    Oh yeah, FatherlyShipping. I still like that one. =p

Rare ships. Yeah I support them, *directs people to her signature*
    岩根雅明=♡

Oh, yeah I support quite a few shippings that are kind of rare (when I say rare, I mean unusual)

• LongTianShipping (Lance x Skyla)
    • SpectralColorshipping (Colress x Nate)
    • Comashipping (Paul x Ash)
    • Hypershipping (Barry x Bianca)
    • Mockshipping (Paul x Ursula)
    • Fatherlyshipping (Falkner x Janine)

And probably the rarest one: Kyurem x Nate (unnamed)

3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720 ♥

GIF Credit | Author's Profile | Tumblr
    Sailor Moon Club | PokeSpe Club

I'm not sure if I do support rare Pokémon shippings, since I have to be reminded of various pairings in order to realize "Oh yeah, I support that." I think Mewshipping and LunarEclipseshipping are rather uncommon, but I've seen a fair share of pictures and fanfics outside of my own, that I think it's anything but rare.

Not sure if Misty/Gary counts, since I have a soft spot for it, same with Celebi/Mew (but those moments are rare in itself). Um... Neoshipping (Butch/Cassidy) is probably a rare one these days. I mean, I don't know of a lot of people who are big supporters since it exists, there's a small fanbase out there somewhere. But since Butch and Cassidy rarely appear anymore, I think it's died down. I kinda was liking the idea of Domino/Giovanni at one brief moment in time, but I've since jumped ship.

I also have a small liking towards Darkrai/Alice or Alicia, either of the two. Most likely Darkrai/Alicia, but... yeah. *twiddles fingers*
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

For me i try to steer away from Human and Pokemon pairing, but at least we have a start. And yes i know PalletShipping is quiet common and never said it was rare. I wanted to create a thread where the more uncommon pairings get a chance to shine. Like for instance BootlegPearlshipping, i think this pairing would kind of sweet, Ash as a commoner paired with the Crown Princess Salvia.

I support tons of rare shipping:
    Jetshipping:Hilbert x Skyla
    Egoshipping:Misty x Gary
    Deepvastshipping:Ash x Rosa
    Ash x Hilda
    Futhershipping(Ash x Leaf)
    Hilbert x Dawn.
    And many more.

Banner made by Skiyomi

Quote Originally Posted by paul (dragon master) View Post
    For me i try to steer away from Human and Pokemon pairing, but at least we have a start. And yes i know PalletShipping is quiet common and never said it was rare. I wanted to create a thread where the more uncommon pairings get a chance to shine. Like for instance BootlegPearlshipping, i think this pairing would kind of sweet, Ash as a commoner paired with the Crown Princess Salvia.
    If were going for actual human x human...

Gold/Ethan x Green/blue -whatever you call him- I don't think there's a name for it actually. I tried looking it up. Mostly gameverse but can be mangaverse. basically this.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

...Admittedly, a lot of the pairings I like are pretty... rare.>o<

FolkloreShipping (Morty x Lyra... although tbh I think I may like this more as a big bro/little sis relationship)
    ConductorShipping (Emmet x Elesa)
    ExpressShipping (Ingo x Hilda)
    Hilda x Martin (Winter Ferris Wheel buddy... and yet, I actually forgot this shipping's name >_>)
    MoonRingShipping (Colress x Rosa)
    Colress x Hilda

I... don't really have any "rare" pairings for the anime or any of the manga series.^^;

I seem to ship more rare ships than anything else. Having less interaction is somehow compelling? I'm not sure. (6 v 9)

Akatsuki shipping, (Cyrus & Dawn)
    Femmegym shipping, (Erika & Sabrina)
    Chest shipping, (Misty & Lorelei/Prima)
    Iris & Caitlin (I've never actually seen a ship name for this!)
    MoonRing shipping, (Colress & Mei)
    Red & Charizard, (not super rare, though it's uncommon as far as I know)
    Indomitable shipping, (Drayden & Mei)
    Spiritual shipping, (Morty & Lyra & Ethan)

I can get behind most ships, but these are the ones I look for most actively!! Being a yuri shipper is suffering, most of them are rarer than het or yaoi. I have to admit, seeing fanart of a ship will most likely turn me to that ship. It's pretty addictive ( ;w; )

Edit: LightPink (Mei & Yancy)!! I take it for granted, mostly. I probably think there's more of it, because I draw so much of it.
    Last edited by geag-a; 15th January 2013 at 8:45 AM.

私は愛していますトウコ♥メイとセレナ♥サナ!!
    i love touko/mei and serena/sana!!

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by paul (dragon master) View Post
    For me i try to steer away from Human and Pokemon pairing, but at least we have a start.
    To be honest, I personally think PalletShipping IS pretty uncommon, at least if we're talking about the anime counterpart here. Dragoniss is the only member I've seen here who actively supports PalletShipping, and it's been ages since I last saw PalletShipping fanart/fanfiction.

Well I am an obsessive fangirl a fan of GreySkyShipping which I don't see others talking about often.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Hmm... Wow, I'm ship tons of obscure shippings, here are 2 Ash ships that I support that are rare.

Spoiler:- Rare Ash Shippings:

I think I've done enough, because if I were to type ALL of my obscure-known shippings, it would be more than 50000 Characters! X___X

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Time to share some rare pairing pictures these are the ones i like so i am sharing them with you all, two of them i find pretty funny.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Ash+Salvia#/d4wbck8
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Ash+anabel#/drrtb8
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Ash+melody#/dzajif

I sure hope there is some fanfictions for the rare pairings. oh and almost forgot i sort of had a laugh at the second picture while the third one was really nice.

Really? Some one said AshxPaul? I always thought that was one of the most popular Yaoi pairings of the series, or at least it was when I was watching D/P series.
    I think AshxN isn't too popular yet, I think once we get more scenes in the anime though it will be =]
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Really? Some one said AshxPaul? I always thought that was one of the most popular Yaoi pairings of the series, or at least it was when I was watching D/P series.
    I thought the same thing too.

I see TONS of Pallet/Coma fanworks off this site that I can't consider them to be "rare". If you're talking about the things that happen within the walls of SPPF, then yes you can say all the slash pairings have died out. (heck even CafeMocha isn't getting enough love here ;__; )

But rare pair = obscure pair? I mean those are the type of pairings that can be considered, but won't be talked about for days because mainstream pairings get in the way or obscure pairing doesn't have enough chemistry other than what you read and see from fanworks.

I consider a rare pair to be what used to be called "crack" pairing. Where two randomly chosen characters, human or not, are paired together and somehow work based on bizarre theories. Even nevermet pairings would count here, imo.

The only "rare" ones I can think of at the moment is PinkFlowershipping (Whitney x Erika) and Emolga x Pachirisu. (but perhaps not in a romantic aspect but who knows~)

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

I wouldn't say Yaoi has died, AshxDento pretty popular these days.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I think I support some, like:

Lyra/Elesa
    Lyra/Roxie
    Lyra/Mei
    Lyra/Leaf
    Lyra/Meowth
    Lyra/Gothorita
    Meowth/Gothorita

I think that's it... or maybe the Lyra/Leaf is known a little bit... Not sure, nya~

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    I think I support some, like:

Lyra/Elesa
    Lyra/Roxie
    Lyra/Mei
    Lyra/Leaf
    Lyra/Meowth
    Lyra/Gothorita
    Meowth/Gothorita

I think that's it... or maybe the Lyra/Leaf is known a little bit... Not sure, nya~
    Wow you seem to support alot of yuri pairings, my friend but then again i am the one who asked for rare pairings, lol.

One of my fanfics depicts Morty and Jasmine as getting married some years after the events of HGSS. I've seen hardly any shipping involving them.

I also used to ship Chili and Elesa until I thought that the age difference might be a little much. Currently, I ship Chili with Roxie.

I sometimes ship Pokemon with each other. I have a bisexual Pikachu OC named Emilio. I shipped him with Vespiquen once, which is odd considering they cannot breed with each other.

Hopeshipping (Clair and Morty) and Wikierror (Cynthia and Lance). I cant believe only few people support them, I think they can look out.

Another bump. Closing.