Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 132

Thread: Shop-of-all-Trades

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The land of Vegimite and AFL
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    "Ah! Wonderful."

    For this suitably shown Magnemite, you are awarded this Thunderstone.

    Thank you, come again.

    Thank you too! Collecting one Thunderstone, I'm sure I'll be able to find some use for this eventually.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    Dark Searchman
    Small and lean with a bulbous head
    If you're caught by me you'll be filled with dread,
    Although at first I appear non-threatening
    The acid I secrete will do more than sting.
    And the answer to this riddle is ... a Lv. 1 Female Bellsprout!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    And the answer to this riddle is ... a Lv. 1 Female Bellsprout!
    "That puzzle was no trouble at all!"

    For this precisely provided Bellsprout, you are gifted this Thunderstone.

    Thank you, come again.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    "That puzzle was no trouble at all!"

    For this precisely provided Bellsprout, you are gifted this Thunderstone.

    Thank you, come again.
    All right! Only one active shard quest left, and then ... I'll probably look for more shards! :P

    Claim: Thunder Stone

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    uhhhhh
    From the Magnet Area I took a Single Horn, which was divided by a Lizard. After that I added a purple Drill.
    This male Drowzee over here should be my answer to this one.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    This male Drowzee over here should be my answer to this one.
    "A true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved."

    For this delightfully delivered Drowzee, you are graced with this Moon Stone.

    Thank you, come again.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    "A true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved."

    For this delightfully delivered Drowzee, you are graced with this Moon Stone.

    Thank you, come again.
    Taking a stone from the moon, thanks!

    EDIT: Didn't want to double-post, but I've got another Silver Shard right here for a new riddle~
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 17th February 2013 at 3:40 PM.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    uhhhhh
    Designated Entity Very Ingenious Over Using Simply Purring. Once Kitten Enraptures, Makes Off Now

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    Dark Searchman

    1. In which volume of Pokemon Adventures was the attack "Beat Up" first used?
    2. Which attack's Japanese name literally referred to testing how well a sword would cut?
    3. Name two Pokemon belonging to Trainers in the anime that are also voiced by Chiaki Takahashi.
    4. In the videogames, where would you learn to have access to the words "pH Balance" and "Ubiquitous"?
    5. In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, what location did Chatot recommend as a good source for obtaining Blue Gummis?
    Okay, let's see if I got these correctly! (I'm iffy on #5, but I think it's the right answer)

    1) Vol. 14
    2) Cut
    3) Luke's Zorua and Jessie's Frillish
    4) Elderly men, one in Snowpoint City (DPPt) and one in Route 16 (HGSS)
    5) Craggy Coast

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    John's Knight
    Small and fluffy I'm rather cute
    But being a klutz I'm always dropping my loot,
    Not always as harmless as I first appear
    I'll make you cry hard with a flick of my ears.
    I believe this Buneary is the question to this riddle?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Okay, let's see if I got these correctly! (I'm iffy on #5, but I think it's the right answer)

    1) Vol. 14
    2) Cut
    3) Luke's Zorua and Jessie's Frillish
    4) Elderly men, one in Snowpoint City (DPPt) and one in Route 16 (HGSS)
    5) Craggy Coast
    The scientist and his Dusknoir look over the answers before taking off their hats and scratching their heads, with a troubled "Where did we go wrong?" look on their faces.

    Ouch, so close. Let's see exactly how you did:

    1. Correct!
    2. Incorrect. Cut's Japanese name is "Iai Cut" which refers to a specific style of swordplay. The correct answer is Night Slash, which has the Japanese name of "Blade Testing". This referred to samurai testing how well their swords would cut - according to some sources, this meant progressively cutting through the fingers, arms, legs and neck of corpses to see if clean cuts could be made in one slice. However, it's also said that sometimes prisoners on death row were used (so they died a little at a time).
    3. Correct!
    4. Correct!
    5. Correct!


    I'm afraid that this Level Ball will be headed for the Casino as a giveaway. Better luck next time! =/

    Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post
    I believe this Buneary is the question to this riddle?
    "I love the thrill of a good solution."

    For this accurately ascertained Buneary, you have been awarded this Sun Stone.

    Thank you, come again.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    ::Apricorns::

    ::Nuts & Balls::
    White Apricorn ----> Fast Ball
    Black Apricorn -----> Heavy Ball
    Hey there! I just got these Apricorns, a white one and a black one. May I have riddles for those please?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post

    uhhhhh
    I have a total of six letters.
    My first is an endless number.
    My second is a dive in the past.
    What am I?
    Would this female Pidove over here be my answer, Mr. Shadow Man?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    Would this female Pidove over here be my answer, Mr. Shadow Man?
    "Ah! Wonderful."

    For this precisely presented Pidove, you have been granted this Fire Stone.

    Thank you, come again.


    OkikuMew, here are your questions:

    White Apricorn
    1. For the Japanese version of the show, name a Pokemon owned by Ash and his friends who also voices Iris' rival, Georgia.
    2. How many Trainer cards in total were released for the TCG set, Jungle?
    3. In Pokemon Adventures, what would happen if the protagonist Yellow overused her powers of telepathy and healing?
    4. Which country did the designer for Vanilluxe come from before working for GameFreak?
    5. In Pokemon Red and Blue, one of the questions in Blaine's gym mistook TM28 for what non-existent attack?


    Black Apricorn
    1. In the Pokemon TCG, what Pokemon species has the ability "Plasma Steel"?
    2. In "Search for the Clubultimate!", name the Pokemon species who made its anime debut in that episode but was not scanned by Ash's Pokedex.
    3. In Pokemon Adventures, what was the name of the character who acted as a member of Team Rocket but was secretly a member of Team Galactic?
    4. According to the Pokedex, which is taller - Dratini or Meganium?
    5. In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness, what is the first outlaw that your exploration team captures?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    OkikuMew, here are your questions:

    White Apricorn
    1. For the Japanese version of the show, name a Pokemon owned by Ash and his friends who also voices Iris' rival, Georgia.
    2. How many Trainer cards in total were released for the TCG set, Jungle?
    3. In Pokemon Adventures, what would happen if the protagonist Yellow overused her powers of telepathy and healing?
    4. Which country did the designer for Vanilluxe come from before working for GameFreak?
    5. In Pokemon Red and Blue, one of the questions in Blaine's gym mistook TM28 for what non-existent attack?


    Black Apricorn
    1. In the Pokemon TCG, what Pokemon species has the ability "Plasma Steel"?
    2. In "Search for the Clubultimate!", name the Pokemon species who made its anime debut in that episode but was not scanned by Ash's Pokedex.
    3. In Pokemon Adventures, what was the name of the character who acted as a member of Team Rocket but was secretly a member of Team Galactic?
    4. According to the Pokedex, which is taller - Dratini or Meganium?
    5. In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness, what is the first outlaw that your exploration team captures?
    Lemme see...

    White Apricorn:
    1. Oshawott
    2. Just one! Poor Pokéball, forever alone...
    3. It makes her fall asleep.
    4. United Kingdom
    5. Tombstoner


    Black Apricorn:
    1. Klinklang
    2. Bisharp
    3. Sird
    4. Neither of them, both are 5'11"!
    5. Drowzee


    Did I get them?

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
    Lemme see...

    White Apricorn:
    1. Oshawott
    2. Just one! Poor Pokéball, forever alone...
    3. It makes her fall asleep.
    4. United Kingdom
    5. Tombstoner


    Black Apricorn:
    1. Klinklang
    2. Bisharp
    3. Sird
    4. Neither of them, both are 5'11"!
    5. Drowzee


    Did I get them?
    "That puzzle was no trouble at all!"

    For your sets of correctly answered queries, this Fast Ball and are yours to take home.

    Thank you, come again.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    "That puzzle was no trouble at all!"

    For your sets of correctly answered queries, this Fast Ball and are yours to take home.

    Thank you, come again.
    Well why didn't I see that post before? ^^; I hope it's not too late to pick them up!

    Picking up a Fast Ball and a Heavy Ball, thanks!

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    That weird part of my mind
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Hello, good sir. I have heard you give quizzes if I show you this Blue Apricorn.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampertforever View Post
    Hello, good sir. I have heard you give quizzes if I show you this Blue Apricorn.
    swampertforever
    1. What attack could Charmander learn by level-up in Generation III, but not in Generation IV?
    2. Name three unique pairs of dual-typed Pokemon who share the same types, but in a different order (e.g. Lapras (Water/Ice) and Walrein (Ice/Water). You may also not repeat types between pairs.
    3. If you found a Sky Gift in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, what would happen if you opened it?
    4. Where in Pokemon Battle Revolution would you see a building resembling a Bastiodon?
    5. In which country was the English version of Pokemon Adventures, Volume 21 first published?

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    "Ah! Wonderful."

    For this precisely presented Pidove, you have been granted this Fire Stone.

    Thank you, come again.
    Did I really forget to pick this up? Picking up this stone of Fire~

    Oh and Red Shard!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    Did I really forget to pick this up? Picking up this stone of Fire~

    Oh and Red Shard!
    Krabby, Snubbull, Venonat
    ?????, Chansey and Zubat

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    That weird part of my mind
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    swampertforever
    1. What attack could Charmander learn by level-up in Generation III, but not in Generation IV?
    2. Name three unique pairs of dual-typed Pokemon who share the same types, but in a different order (e.g. Lapras (Water/Ice) and Walrein (Ice/Water). You may also not repeat types between pairs.
    3. If you found a Sky Gift in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, what would happen if you opened it?
    4. Where in Pokemon Battle Revolution would you see a building resembling a Bastiodon?
    5. In which country was the English version of Pokemon Adventures, Volume 21 first published?
    Blue Apricorn Puzzle Answers:
    1: Metal Claw. (The coverage loss oh no...)
    2: Carracosta and Kabutops (Water/Rock); Sableye and Spiritomb (Dark/Ghost) and Garchomp and Flygon (Ground/Dragon).
    3: Nothing at all. They have to be sent to someone.
    4: Courtyard Colloseum.
    5: Singapore. (Which makes no sense at all, ever.)
    Are these right? *Starts biting nails*

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampertforever View Post
    Blue Apricorn Puzzle Answers:
    1: Metal Claw. (The coverage loss oh no...)
    2: Carracosta and Kabutops (Water/Rock); Sableye and Spiritomb (Dark/Ghost) and Garchomp and Flygon (Ground/Dragon).
    3: Nothing at all. They have to be sent to someone.
    4: Courtyard Colloseum.
    5: Singapore. (Which makes no sense at all, ever.)
    Are these right? *Starts biting nails*
    "Y'know, some of us Asians would like to read the manga in English... but you can't let a puzzle intimidate you!"

    For your correctly answered questions, this Lure Ball is yours to take home.

    Thank you, come again.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    That weird part of my mind
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    "Y'know, some of us Asians would like to read the manga in English... but you can't let a puzzle intimidate you!"

    For your correctly answered questions, this Lure Ball is yours to take home.

    Thank you, come again.
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend.
    Taking my shiny new Lure Ball home with me. Thanks!

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    "I love the thrill of a good solution."

    For this accurately ascertained Buneary, you have been awarded this Sun Stone.

    Thank you, come again.
    I should start taking something for my memory <<;

    Thank you for the Sun Stone ^-^;

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •