Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Share your first car crash experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    My friend wasn't paying attention and drove under a truck and got her front end stuck to his bumper. No damage was done to the truck, and I don't think the guy ever found out, but my friend got her headlights torn off.

All this because she sped out of the Dairy Queen drive-through.
    I heard that recently, a McDonalds in my area had it's drive-tru destroyed because someone drove through it.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

I was too young to remember, but from what my mom told me:

We were driving on the highway in Virginia or something. There is a big pole in the road and a car drives over it just right so that it is sent flying...right into our windshield. The pole had been close to hitting my mom, but was short by a few inches. Glass was everywhere, including in her mouth. Thankfully, none landed in mine. Cue happy ending.
    ~Fact of the Whenever~
    Life gives you lemons because a large portion of humanity wasn't thankful for the grapes it already had. Please treat all fruit with respect.

Scratch my j-biking experience, I remember something funnier that happened when I was even younger.

When I was 6, I was waiting with for the bus with my grandma who let me sit in the front seat to get warmed faster by the heaters. It's been a while and the bus is late so she steps out and looks to see if the bus is in view. While glancing, I was curious and slipped into the driver's seat. I fiddled around with the gears, put the car in reverse, and floored it. My grandmother chased after me and I ended up backing into the neighbor's house. Luckily, the bus had arrived shortly after the incident.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Pssh. We was leaving a funeral and the preacher rear ended us.
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

I don't know if I can count this as a car crash or not... I had some fool back into my car while I was at the super market, while I was still parked. They shattered my front headlight. I was not a happy Meowth.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/uwi6o.gif[/IMG]

Devil May Cry Fan.
    Meowth Fan

People don't keep to their own side of the road and clip your wing mirror. Very rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Never been in a car crash, however my parents have been. I think it's something pretty serious and I think driving should have a 0 tolerance for alcohol and any substances which may influence the driving behavior. I think driving should only be done by people who can and will always be responsible when behind the wheel. To bad things were a lot less restricted back in the days. In Belgium where I live, they gave them away without any test in the 50's of the past century. You only had to prove it by showing the vehicles you were intending to drive.

I once got rear ended by a cop when i was 12, and my friend was driving my dad's car to pick me up from school out of town at the time. And it was funny, because my friend showed him my dad's business card, and learned my dad was an attorney, and then all of a sudden, started tripping out.

it was pretty funny.

Let's hope I don't have to post on this thread again...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Well it was the day my sister got her license. We were driving home from the public library when this guy just backs out of his drive way and slams into the side of my sisters car with his truck(apparently he was mad because him and his wife were arguing and she came outside and started cussing at him after he hit us). My arm was out the window and I some how got it in before he hit us. The passenger side mirror broke and flew into the car, hit me, and glass went every where. I was pissed and my sister and I were both bleeding. It was just a mess, we were both okay though. Just minor injuries.

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Wasn't really a crash... But I'll share it anyhow. The first time I drove, my aunt let me (she was 17 and I was 10) drive 80 down the gravel roads. At first I went slow, but she had told me to go faster, but look out for cars. Well I would stop at every stop sign. But finally I had ran a stop sign, because I thought no one was going by, and it was too late to slow down. But out from the side, an old man going about 60 is going down the road from my side. So out of impulse, I jerked it to the right, and put the car in a ditch. My aunt got the car out easy enough. It wasn't to banged up... Haven't drove since... ^-^ Probably shouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    Yeah, animals can hurt a car real bad, especially deer.
    I hit something once, I didn't get a good look at it. It was more of a glancing blow, so the damage wasn't horrible. I stopped and looked for it, but it was gone. (off topic: while I was out there, I started thinking about in horror movies when someone goes to look for something like that, and then it attacks them, so I quickened my step going back to the car).

I do a decent amount of driving in the country, with cows pastures near the road. We once found an escaped cow in the yard, so I've always wondered what a collision with a cow would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    I heard that recently, a McDonalds in my area had it's drive-tru destroyed because someone drove through it.
    An Arby's I've went by a lot had a glass part to the restaurant- it looked sort of like a greenhouse attached to the restaurant, but you could sit in it. Anyway, passing the place once we saw about 1/2 of it was destroyed- apparently a car hit it, so we always joke that it was a drive thru window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
    We were driving on the highway in Virginia or something. There is a big pole in the road and a car drives over it just right so that it is sent flying...right into our windshield. The pole had been close to hitting my mom, but was short by a few inches. Glass was everywhere, including in her mouth. Thankfully, none landed in mine. Cue happy ending.
    I saw a similar deal on TLC or Discovery (or one of those channels). These 4 people were driving when the car ahead of them drove over a small, flat piece of metal (it was about the size of a ruler, except 1/8 to 1/4 inches thick) and it flew up and crashed through their windshield. It partially cut one of the major veins in the passengers neck. He bled profusely, but they made it to a hospital and he ended up being ok.
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 22nd January 2013 at 10:06 AM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

My first accident in the car was when I was about 12. Someone rear ended my mom

My first accident when I was driving. Get ready to laugh your *** off. The day I got my driver's license, I was moving my dad's truck in the driveway and the brakes stopped working. I went through the side of our house

first accident was when I was 10, and someone in front put on the brakes very suddenly and my mother couldnt get the car to stop in time.

While backing out of stall I scraped the paint of a car next to me (The contact was literally so faint I didn't even feel it. No damage to the panel or anything.)

The family then asked the building to review their video security and told me if I didn't take it to the insurance company they'd try to charge me with a hit and run. I wanted to pay it off privately, but they refused to not get the insurance involved so now my premium is raised for like the stupidest "accident" ever.

Star-Lord

Me livin in the country, we learn to drive early, for jobs on the ranch. I was driving on my way to help pull a calf, and it was reasoning, so I had the lights on since it was 8 pm, and wipers going fast as hell. I had to bring some chains and calostrum, milk that helps the calf, gives some kind of biotics, and stuff like that. I was going down the road before the pasture, and boom, a 10 point Buck jumps out in from of me. Caved the front end a bit. So now I have a deer head on my bedroom wall, and I got to take some deer jerky with me. best wreck if you ask me
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

I've been in many, the first one I can remember was when I was in 1st Grade and I was drinking lemonade from Taco Bell. When the two cars collided by lemonade went all over the place and broke the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    Driving a car is very difficult to dominate for some people and some not, I expect that some in this forums are able to drive. As we are humans, we all have lived an experience that we had once ever crashed one day, because we aren't perfect. Well, always your first crash will be memorable to every one. It doesn't care how big was, but I really like to share mine.

Last Year, friend invited me to his house in the night, because his father was making hamburgers, he lived in a tall hill, It was one of my first day using my car, it was a Suzuki Swift (a small car, and its manual). I was with 4 friends. While going up, Suddenly my car went off and when down later I bumped the sidewalk and fall for 10 meter of the hill and a tree stop us, and all the rear part of the car looked awful, and was wrecked. I was very sad crying, because I gave their scariest moment of their lives, but they were all cheering me up. Thank god, that a tree stop us, and we survived, it could have been worse if the tree wasn't there. And now, I'm more cautious myself and not repeating the same mistake.

P.S: Srry for my English
    Well i have never got in a car crash,, i just like to read the experiences of others :P
    Looking Good!
    Would you like a "Signature" like mine?, contact me

The first one happened when I was a baby.

The second one happened when I was 8. Grandma was taking us over to her house and it was raining hard. Some lady lost control and crashed into us. That accident totaled our car.

The next one happened ten years later when we were going to Wal-Mart. We were at the light that was right in front of the place when we were rear-ended by some teen who was texting and driving. He wrecked his jeep while ours took it like a man. No one was injured in that one either.

Then, a year later me and Grandma were coming back from Wal-mart and I wasn't feeling well and very mad. The lady in front of us had a dog in the back who was standing on the thing that goes between the two front seats. Grandma was whining about the dog not being in a seatbelt when out of nowhere, a SUV takes out the car in front of us. That was pretty intense. No one was injured there, but the lady and her dog were shaken up.

The only "car accident" I've ever been in was when some ******* elk meandered out onto a highway right in front of me in the middle of the night. I slowed way the hell down before I hit him, so had he been even the slightest bit aware of his surroundings, he would've been able to trot the five necessary feet and avoid being hit altogether. In fact, the only reason my car was damaged at all was because he apparently didn't notice my car until I had actually hit him; I wasn't even going fast enough to knock an elk over who was expecting it. So, the end result is that I slowed down to <10 mph, somehow caught this elk off-guard, and the ******* ends up falling onto and breaking my windshield. The kicker is that I didn't kill him, or even apparently hurt him, because he just got up and ran away, so I gained nothing from it.

For a cooler story, though, one accident that I saw was when I was riding down a canyon highway with some of my family, and some chick decides to pass, like, four cars going around a pretty large curve, beyond which you can't see oncoming traffic (since it then curves the other way behind a mountain). Anywho, oncoming car comes around behind the mountain, chick swerves back into our lane (the other drivers let her in), she swerves out other end of lane, and rolls 3-4 times down cliffside into river. It was pretty exhilarating to finally see a car go off the road, though. Up to that point in my life, I was expecting to see it any day. Somehow, even though her car was totaled, apparently all she did was break her wrist and get cut up a little bit. And that's the story of how my aunt was late to the airport.

This was probably not my first car crash, but it was one that I remembered the most clearly. While my father was driving my family to tea break, he was stopping at the front of an intersection. There was quite a jam ahead, so the car could not move too far forward. All of a sudden, the car violently jolted twice. The CD player started sounding like a broken record. Turns out that some basket in a beat up car was talking on her mobile phone (and she was still talking after the impact). My parents had to get her to stop talking and turn off the engine (it is smoking, dammit! Do you have any regard for safety?). Apparently the impact was so strong it launched my father's MPV (foot brake applied) to the back of a light truck. Quite an achievement for a beat up early 1990s Toyota.

She later gave the lamest reason for the crash: "I did not see the brake lights on your (my father's) car." Even though the brake lights were huge and pretty much bordered the back of the car (late model Mitsubishi Grandis )
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

My first car crash was when I was living in Arlington, Washington state. I was only 6 or 7 at the time of that crash. My mom was driving us, including my sister to the bank. Out of nowhere this drunk hit us and lucky for him, we were not hurt, but my sister and I were spooked for weeks, not wanting to be in a car ever again. The drunk got arrested for drunk driving. And that first car crash was the first scariest thing to ever happen to a kid at my age.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Scraped my right side mirror of my truck on a coaches truck trying to park.
    Lucky me I didn't take off any paint. I left behind a huge black plastic mark though. Took me a good hour to get off.

My first official car crash: Let's just say I was coming home from a friends house, and I was driving down a road that I was very unfamiliar with in the middle of the night. I was in a big rush to get home because I was using my mom's car, and she hates when I borrow her car.
    LOOOOOONG story short, there was a very VERY sharp turn that I wasn't aware of coming up, and I ended up in a ditch as I tried to make the turn going like, 55mph.
    Now whenever I hit forks in the road like that one I get somewhat paranoid, and sometimes I still have dreams about it. It was a really bad night to say the least.

Another time I bumped into the guy in front of me at a stop light. It was a little bump, not even paint-on-paint, so our cars were totally fine and we just parted ways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12