Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unreleased Dream World Abilities

Default Unreleased Dream World Abilities

I put together this topic for people to discuss any dream world abilities they are looking forward to having their dream world abilities released, and share sets for those.

For example I am hoping to see Lightning Rod Zapdos sometime soon. I look forward to using it to help in the fight against rain teams, specifically those carrying Therians. I'm not sure on a set I would use though, I would have to work it out.

GodDamnZilla

Contrary Serperior!!!

But a lot of things need to come out.

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Shadow Tag Chandelure is definitely needed. The ability to trap Pokemon and set up on them is a plus. Reckless Emboar would also be a beast in RU personally.

Shadow Tag Chandelure is something I'm waiting for with a measure of worry; it's certainly something I'd love to use, but it's also broken as all get-out (then again, we did think the same of Techniloom there) to the point that it'll likely get banned straight to Ubers.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

Shadow Tag Chandelure and Contrary Serperior are welcome buffs.

Shadow tag chandy will be great but won't last long in standard tiers. Shadow tag + trick has proven to create problems already with gothitelle; something like chandelure will be no different.

As for serperior, having a discussion with friends is really convincing me this thing will be as low as BL when released. SubSeed Serperior gives so many things so many problems with its speed. The only reliable checks i'm finding for it are crobat and virizion.

What I'm most excited for though are dw feraligatr (sheer force) and dw typhlosion (flash fire). Sheer force makes gatr a major powerhouse with or without dragon dance, getting waterfall, crunch, ice punch, and rock slide to abuse with it. However, I see this thing going UU but no further. Typhlosion getting flash fire finally gets it in the same league as the flash fire pokes of UU (chandy, houndoom, and arcanine). However, I don't see it really changing tiers.

Also, I can't forget zapdos (lightningrod), suicune (water absorb), entei (flash fire), and raikou (volt absorb), all of whom will be more viable. All but entei look appealing enough to be viable in OU.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Shadow Tag Chandelure; there's almost no way that it will be allowed in standard OU for too long. I could be wrong, but Pokemon like Genesect and Tornadus-T have already had their danger levels amplified by having a Pokemon like Dugtrio around to trap problematic checks, so I'm not seeing too much of a difference from a Pokemon with far, far more power, access to Trick, and better bulk and immunities/resistances to switch around with.

I am pretty excited for Contrary Serperior. It now has Dragon Pulse, so it can actually damage the Dragon types that it had trouble with before. However, it may not really need it. A Leaf Storm / HP Fire / Substitute / Leech Seed set would hit a lot of Pokemon really hard with the offensive coverage, and Pokemon like Heatran and Dragonite that don't fear the Grass/Fire coverage can be stalled out by SubSeed, provided Serperior is running Leftovers.

Another one I'm especially excited for is Ice Body Regice. Regice is already a good Pokemon in NU with its incredible bulk and great power alongside BoltBeam coverage, but right now it has to rely on RestTalk for any real recovery. With Ice Body, you can just spam Protect every other turn and get 25% of your health back, kinda like Poison Heal Gliscor. Regice would pretty much be like a bulkier StallRein with worse defensive typing but much better offense. It would probably be one of the best Hail abusers in RU, if not THE best.

Reckless Emboar will also be pretty cool. It won't make an enormous difference, but throwing around Flare Blitzes, Head Smashes, and Wild Charges with 20% more power is pretty cool. For an example of how this would be useful, CB Emboar currently only 2HKOs 252/252+ Alomomola 44.5% of the time with Wild Charge, but Reckless would guarantee that.

I really, really want to get my hands on DW Serperior. Why, I'm already starting to play with ideas for a bulky offense team formed around it.
    I wouldn't get my hopes up about Shadow Tag Chandelure; there's almost no way that it will be allowed in standard OU for too long. I could be wrong, but Pokemon like Genesect and Tornadus-T have already had their danger levels amplified by having a Pokemon like Dugtrio around to trap problematic checks, so I'm not seeing too much of a difference from a Pokemon with far, far more power, access to Trick, and better bulk and immunities/resistances to switch around with.
    Gah, I didn't think about that....Volt Turn is annoying enough as it is already. I don't mind having it, but facing Volt Turn with a Chandy...that'd be ridiculous.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Yea I completely agree. I don't see much hope for Shadow Tag Chandelure.

GodDamnZilla

Enough with Chandy; even if he does come out, he'll be so broken he'll go straight to Ubers, possibly without even testing (as everyone at this point knows how deadly it is).
    I'd like to see not only Zapdos, but the legendary dogs to come out in DW. There abilities could be really helpful, even if only in certain situations.
    Not that much else I can think of :/

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

I made a thread like this a while back, didn't go very far. but yeah

Contrary Serperior sees (if i'm not mistaken) 30% usage in DW OU, so it's gotta be beastly, and i bet with a scarf it'd be one of the best late game sweepers out there.
    I'm really worried about Shadow Tag Chandy being released, it sounds really scary to go up against.
    Besides those two, i can't really think of anything else that i'm looking forward to being released.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

I'm looking forward for Flash Fire Typhlosion to come out personally. I know Typhlosion isn't super useful, but I like using him sometimes anyways because he's my favorite starter. As with pretty much any starter, his DW ability just makes him a lot better, since Blaze is such a dumb ability. Flash Fire on the other hand is great, so I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those, especially in game at some point~
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

I would like to see Shadow Tag Chandelure and Lightning rod zaptos both would greatly impact the metagame.

Chand would be one of the strongest revenge killers out there.

While zaptos would be able to function as a wall against rain teams and do massive ammounts of damage

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    I'd like to see not only Zapdos, but the legendary dogs to come out in DW. There abilities could be really helpful, even if only in certain situations.
    I agree with that, I'm also looking forward to Suicune in particular. It would definetly give it a bump towards being good again allowing it to do a better job of checking rain.

GodDamnZilla

Zapdos and Suicune would actually appreciate both their abilities. Pressure for stall sets is incredibly irritating, and the Absorb abilities will make them more viable in other roles, Zapdos notably as a check to Rain and Volt-Turn.
    Chandelure might get banned from the get-go.
    Serperior's just awesome.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

Really I personally don't see what all the hype about serp is. Yeah contrary is good. however, in all the time I played DW I dont' recall serp messing me up badly or anything. Maybe I just missed it altogether.

That said, I am looking forwards to the dogs and Zapdos, along with not looking forwards to the chandleabra or however you spell it.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Contrary Serperior sees (if i'm not mistaken) 30% usage in DW OU, so it's gotta be beastly, and i bet with a scarf it'd be one of the best late game sweepers out there.
    It wouldn't need a scarf to be a late game sweeper, it's fast enough already. Faster than Latios, even.

A scarf is only if you want to revenge kill, and their are better pokemon for that job out there.

Quote Originally Posted by OrbrunnerX View Post
    Zapdos and Suicune would actually appreciate both their abilities. Pressure for stall sets is incredibly irritating, and the Absorb abilities will make them more viable in other roles, Zapdos notably as a check to Rain and Volt-Turn.
    Chandelure might get banned from the get-go.
    Serperior's just awesome.
    I completely forgot about the Volt-Turn aspect. That increases my desire for Lightning Rod Zapdos to come out even more. Absorbing electric and resisting U-turn will allow it to shut down many common Volt Turn threats.

GodDamnZilla

I'm still waiting for that Dream World Snivy with Contrary! It'll be perfect for Leaf Storm!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I'm still waiting for that Dream World Snivy with Contrary! It'll be perfect for Leaf Storm!
    It'll be great for Leaf Storm, but due to Serperior's awkward stats I don't think it'll make it to OU. UU, probably.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Anyone thinks that Serp might go BL? I can't really see it going Ubers since it lacks the coverage and all, and Heatran walls it completely without HP (Ground), same goes to non-HP (Fire) for Ferrothorn. I think BL at worst, OU at best? I doubt UU can take that much of Serp. Serp is kinda in an awkward position, since it lacks the coverage to do much lol. Also, SubSeed... I dunno, isn't Whimiscott better at that job?

Also, slapping scarf on Serp is just begging for dragon/steel to switch in.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Anyone thinks that Serp might go BL? I can't really see it going Ubers since it lacks the coverage and all, and Heatran walls it completely without HP (Ground), same goes to non-HP (Fire) for Ferrothorn. I think BL at worst, OU at best? I doubt UU can take that much of Serp. Serp is kinda in an awkward position, since it lacks the coverage to do much lol. Also, SubSeed... I dunno, isn't Whimiscott better at that job?

Also, slapping scarf on Serp is just begging for dragon/steel to switch in.
    Scarf Contrary Serperior might make a really good late-game cleanup sweeper, after opposing resists have been weakened/KO'd.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Scarf Contrary Serperior might make a really good late-game cleanup sweeper, after opposing resists have been weakened/KO'd.
    Though Grass isn't the best STAB to be locked into ever, and it's already faster then the entire unboosted OU metagame.

You'll really only want it to have a choice scarf if it's a revenge killer, but with most speed boosters being dragon types, you might want something else for that job.

The subseed set idea that's been running around sounds the most appealing to me. The Serperior hides behind a sub, subseeds threats like Heatran and D-nite, than sweeps with Leaf Storm. Substitute is also great for offensive pokemon, as it guards them from status while also protecting them from being revenge killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Though Grass isn't the best STAB to be locked into ever, and it's already faster then the entire unboosted OU metagame.
    thing is, what if it goes against a +1 or +2 speed boosted pokemon? whats it going to do then? hope it doesn't get KOed and it spams leaf storm? scarf would be helpful encase it goes against something that's boosted.
    I have claimed vulpix!

friend code
    3ds: 0018-0281-9763

pm me ur 3ds friend code to make sure it works on pokemon X/Y

Definitely ST Chandy will be cool to see. Being able to revenge kill anything. It's got a good sp atk stat, and combined with a scarf, I'm sure that thing will make it up to ubers when it is released. The only problem is that how frail it is, and there are a lot of bulky pokes in ubers. It might find a happy place in OU, but that's stretching it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast