Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unreleased Dream World Abilities

I can't wait for Contrary Serperior... he has the potential to be a monster... he has great bulk (75/95/95 is pretty nice) as for his measly offense... those Leaf Storms add up quick...

And Dragon Pulse/HP Fire give him near perfect coverage... and he could even make use of Gastro Acid to screw other mon's who are dependent on their abilities... he could be an excellent Rain/Sandstorm counter...

as for items? Leftovers seems the best choice imo...

Quote Originally Posted by LC-Vulpix View Post
    thing is, what if it goes against a +1 or +2 speed boosted pokemon? whats it going to do then? hope it doesn't get KOed and it spams leaf storm? scarf would be helpful encase it goes against something that's boosted.
    Isn't that a problem all sweepers have?

Grass is terrible coverage on it's own. It might be best to handle any speed boosted pokemon before you try and sweep.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Isn't that a problem all sweepers have?

Grass is terrible coverage on it's own. It might be best to handle any speed boosted pokemon before you try and sweep.
    Grass isn't so bad... he get's to inflict SE damage against Terrakion and Starmie...

plus not many mon's would want to switch ointo a boosted Serperior... Ferrothorn and Skamory hate HP Fire... and even Dragonite will dislike coming into a boosted Dragon Pulse. Blissey will be a pain though...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwolf10 View Post
    Grass isn't so bad... he get's to inflict SE damage against Terrakion and Starmie...

plus not many mon's would want to switch ointo a boosted Serperior... Ferrothorn and Skamory hate HP Fire... and even Dragonite will dislike coming into a boosted Dragon Pulse. Blissey will be a pain though...
    You didn't really follow the whole conversation or not.

It was about if Serperior would be better with a scarf, and I was arguing that it'd want to be able to swap to it's coverage moves, just because Leaf Storm is resisted by a lot of the metagame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    You didn't really follow the whole conversation or not.

It was about if Serperior would be better with a scarf, and I was arguing that it'd want to be able to swap to it's coverage moves, just because Leaf Storm is resisted by a lot of the metagame.
    I think a choice item is terrible for Serperior... he's already insanely fast so a choice scarf seems redundant... Leftovers work better... he get's recovery and isn't stuck by one move...

I'm still waiting for that Contrary ability Snivy. When it uses Leaf Storm it's Special Attack is going UP not DOWN!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I'm thinking life orb has got to be better than scarf. It means you can leaf storm the switch and then hit the counter with a +2 coverage move. Yes, you will run in to faster stuff but every sweeper has that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Anyone thinks that Serp might go BL? I can't really see it going Ubers since it lacks the coverage and all, and Heatran walls it completely without HP (Ground), same goes to non-HP (Fire) for Ferrothorn. I think BL at worst, OU at best? I doubt UU can take that much of Serp. Serp is kinda in an awkward position, since it lacks the coverage to do much lol. Also, SubSeed... I dunno, isn't Whimiscott better at that job?

Also, slapping scarf on Serp is just begging for dragon/steel to switch in.
    I meant to respond to this earlier, but supposedly, Serperior is the better sub seed. Mostly because that's not it's primary job; It's job is to sweep with Leaf Storm and Dragon Pulse. The sub seeding part is just to help it get past it's usual walls. Besides that, Substitute is also a great way to get past revenge killers if you can set it up.

Contary serperior and reckless emboar. Serperiornwould probably go to OU or at the least BL. Emboar would probably be sent to UU at least. I'm not too excited about shadow tag chandelure because it will very likely go straight to ubers.

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

i cant wait for the speed boost torchic then evolve to blaziken and teach it flame charge gets 2 speed boosts per turn plus its a strong fire fighting type as well.

Quote Originally Posted by makenshi_au View Post
    i cant wait for the speed boost torchic then evolve to blaziken and teach it flame charge gets 2 speed boosts per turn plus its a strong fire fighting type as well.
    Male speed boost torchic has been released for a while now....

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Really then which dream island can i get them or is it only Japan thats got them.

I'm looking forward to Contrary Serperior and Lightningrod Zapdos. Zapdos is an Electric-type and one of my favorite legendary Pokemon, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of its DW team. Contrary Serperior needs no explaining, with Dragon Pulse, Hidden Power, and Leaf Storm it would do insanely well for itself. Not to mention it's a fast and tanky Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by makenshi_au View Post
    Really then which dream island can i get them or is it only Japan thats got them.
    It was a one-time event pokemon. I don't think it is still around anymore so you will have to go looking for one over Wi-Fi or hack it in yourself.
    This is why I hate these kind of events :sweat:
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12