View Poll Results: Do you play an instrument?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do and it is...

29 67.44%
  • No I don't.

14 32.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instruments

Default Instruments

Hi!
    I've been into music for about 4 years now and was wondering, do any of you play an instrument? If so what is it/ what are they? :D

I play all saxophones, piano, and bass guitar.

Special Notes
    Vocals DO count.
    Also things like ocarina,
    and recorders ARE
    instruments so they DO
    count.
    ___Pokémon Y___

I play piano, guitar and ocarina.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Taking your special notes into account, I currently play three instruments. I've been playing violin for about six years, clarinet for three years and I've sang by myself ever since I can remember, but I've been in a chorus for one and a half years. I also played the recorder for like two years when they forced us to play it in elementary school, and I play very limited piano.
    I'll put something here...eventually

i got a arctic white single coil maple neck fender stratocaster. I play with a '75 peavey amp and 3 distortion pedals.

Ive been playing the trumpet for about 2 years now.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Hah. I play Bass too, although I really haven't been playing lately due to a lack of inspiration.

I can play most fretted stringed instruments and keyboard style instruments, though I not that good at playing either. With keyboard style instruments I never properly learned to get my hand to play independently of one another. On guitar my main issue is that I am out of practice, but I haven't had the time to take lessons since I started college. I have pretty much gotten most of the techniques down, I just can't do six string barre chords or finger tapping and have a little bit of difficulty with tremolo picking.

I am also teaching myself some alternate tunings right now, mostly All fourths and Drop D, I want to work on open tunings next and possibly Major Thirds if I feel like messing with custom string sets. My guitar is tuned to c#g#c#f#,b,e at the moment.

I currently have a short scale bass and a Squeir Affinity Stratocaster. I could definitely use a new guitar since my current one has some issues, but I can't justify spending the money at my skill level. I want to build I custom guitar whenever I decide to upgrade however.

I think I may have went on a bit long.
    Last edited by Zazie; 15th January 2013 at 5:30 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I play clarinet and alto saxophone.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I've played flute for fifteen years now. I play a little piccolo (same as flute, except tighter embouchure and fewer low notes) and I occasionally pick up my ocarina, recorder, and pennywhistles to try and remember their notes. Got a keyboard for Christmas, so I guess I'll finally be memorizing bass clef notes after avoiding them all these years.
    3DS FC: 2191-7903-0015
    Safari:

B2 FC: 4771 5281 6564

I play the banjo (no judgement). I started playing about two years ago, when I discoved Mumford & Sons. I also play a bit of guitar, however I prefer my banjo.

I have been playing the violin since age 7. After that I gradually start learning how to play the rest of the string instrument such as viola, cello and double bass, though I weren't quite good at it as I am with the violin (since I have small fingers imo). Out of the string instrument I also know how to play the accordion and the piano but not very smooth with them. Now I play violin mostly for the orchestra of Hong Kong academy for performing art.

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Oh I like this thread

I've been playing instruments ever since I was in 1st grade so like...12 or 13 years?

Anyways, I play guitar, bass, drums, piano, banjo, harmonica, ukelele, and ocarina

I'm also the guitarist and singer in my band (Rock and blues power trio)

I played trumpet in middle and high schools. I started bass guitar half way through high school, and now play it every Sunday morning and Wednesday night.

About a year ago at a yard sale, my mother got a piano for free because the owners didn't want it. I've played it from time to time, it's definitely fun for someone like me who can type quickly...you need nimble fingers! :)

I've been playing piano for about... seven or eight years now? Heck, it's been so long, I can't even remember. XD;; I'm preparing for my Grade 7 exam right now. I also play viola and have been for a year and a bit, which I'm preparing for Grade 3 at least, I should be /shot. I enjoy singing as well, though time and money restricts me from going too far with that one.

I also did Grade 5 Theory, if that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post
    I have been playing the violin since age 7. After that I gradually start learning how to play the rest of the string instrument such as viola, cello and double bass, though I weren't quite good at it as I am with the violin (since I have small fingers imo). Out of the string instrument I also know how to play the accordion and the piano but not very smooth with them. Now I play violin mostly for the orchestra of Hong Kong academy for performing art.
    That's pretty impressive imo.
    ___Pokémon Y___

I played the bass when I was younger, but right now I want to play the guitar. I hope having still my groove back.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

I used to play the guitar, but I broke it (i was young)
    I'm not planning on playing any instruments anytime soon, though.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

piano, guitar, various percussion, violin, and some harmonica
    Es so Einfach wie Eins, Zwei, Drei.

I play flute and a little bit of piano. I am much better at flute, though. Even though I have only been playing for three years

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

I used to teach guitar before I went off to college. I sometimes miss it. It was good money.

Been playing piano (piano for solo performances, keyboards & synth only for band performance) for around 8 years and of course, I'm still learning to become better.
    Recently I'm practicing with guitar and i must say, its quite a challenge! lol

I can currently only play the violin, but i would really love to learn how to play the piano and the bass guitar.

Vocals don't count? What the hell?

I sing and started playing bass about 6 months ago.

No vocals do count

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast