Thread: If you could change the TRio's role or personality in Best Wishes...

Hybrid View

Default If you could change the TRio's role or personality in Best Wishes...

Thought I'd share this with you:

There are a lot of fans who felt that a serious, more competent Team Rocket was a refreshing way to bring JJ&M back for another run in Unova, but there are also a number of fans who were disappointed in the lack of personality the writers failed to give them in this season. We can obviously see from the Episode N trailer that the "goofy" side of the TRio seems to be returning, although we can't be too sure of anything yet.

If you were among the fans unhappy with the TRio's turnout with the first two seasons of Best Wishes, or your expectations for them were totally let down, how would you have wanted them to be? Would you want them to continue being goofy and chasing after Pikachu constantly? Did you somehow like their serious plots and affiliation with Dr. Zager and eventually Giovanni with the Meloetta situation? Or were you hoping for something entirely different for them to focus on? Discuss!
    I actually have to agree with this since TR's new serious demeanor came out of left field and really, a flashback to why this is so would've sufficed. Plus, it wouldn't hurt if they were both humorous yet serious and on the ball too but the writers seem to focus on either one extreme or the other lazily. Can't be that hard.

Anybody else have food for thought?

If they have to stay in the anime, then I want them to be handled how BW did it, it's 1 of the few things BW did right imo, otherwise I want them gone if they go back to their AG/DP selves; They got way too repetitive after Johto for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Serious =/= no personality.

I would like to see Jesse, James, and Meowth as serious characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    Serious =/= no personality.

I would like to see Jesse, James, and Meowth as serious characters.
    I wouldn't say they have "no personality" so much as they now have "dull personalities." Like very little life in them.

I want Iris & Ash to have a little bit more romantic chemistry!
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

I want them to appear in specific episodes (as opposed to all of them pre-BW style), and I want them to be competent and primarily focus on tasks more important than catching Pikachu. However, I also want to see them crack jokes and goof up once in a while; not necessarily to the point of ruining their own plans, just something for comedy on the way to their goal. So if it's possible to be serious yet also be the source of comedy, they should do that.

I'd rather have JJM be serious than annoying.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2251 - 5899 - 9250

I think the TRio should just stay the way they are right now. I liked them back in DP and AG but after more than 600 episodes they just got old. Their new and serious personality just makes them much more interesting.

The irony is that their original personalities back in the beginning of Kanto was serious and down-to-business, more or less.

There's really nothing to change: the TRio are just naturally unlucky no matter how serious they get. The only thing B/W changed about them is that they know when it's time to run instead of letting themselves get blasted away all the time.
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    The irony is that their original personalities back in the beginning of Kanto was serious and down-to-business, more or less.
    Yes but they were still as bumbling and incompetent and deeper personality wise then as they were until unova. And I think they should go back to being that way.
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

If I could change TRio's personality, I would revert it back to how it originally was because I liked it better.

Would I change roles? Hmm, I don't see why. I'd be happy to see them goofy and doing these missions. However, I would provide them with more interesting Pokémon. It's a shame that Seviper and Carnivine aren't here anymore or Wobbuffet.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    I want them to appear in specific episodes (as opposed to all of them pre-BW style), and I want them to be competent and primarily focus on tasks more important than catching Pikachu. However, I also want to see them crack jokes and goof up once in a while; not necessarily to the point of ruining their own plans, just something for comedy on the way to their goal. So if it's possible to be serious yet also be the source of comedy, they should do that.
    Yeah, like this.
    Last edited by Janovy; 15th January 2013 at 11:00 PM.

Oh boy, I totally don't know where this topic is going to go.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Oh boy, I totally don't know where this topic is going to go.
    As long as nobody attacks others for expressing their opinion and leaves them be so we can actually see how many people miss/don't miss old TRio, it should all go well. This shouldn't become yet another thread where someone comes up and says 'But the old TRio was retarted'.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    As long as nobody attacks others for expressing their opinion and leaves them be so we can actually see how many people miss/don't miss old TRio, it should all go well. This shouldn't become yet another thread where someone comes up and says 'But the old TRio was retarted'.
    Nobody was saying that the other night, either.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Eh, that's up for discussion. I just want to see people expressing their opinions without others telling them that it's wrong that they like something they dislike.
    Yeah, we had that thread already...

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

says 'But the old TRio was retarted'.
    Yeeeeaaaaah, that never happened. Butler is right. I am sure people actually explained the other day why they were sick of old TR. And these threads are never going to go well anyway. The line has been drawn a long time ago XD

This again.

Okay, keep the role they have now but make them like they were in DP. Not their boring personalities. But that's only me.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Okay, keep the role they have now but make them like they were in DP. Not their boring personalities. But that's only me.
    That would be petty much impossible. There is NO way their role now could work if they were behaving like they did in DP.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    That would be petty much impossible. There is NO way their role now could work if they were behaving like they did in DP.
    Actually there is a way. But we will agree to disagree on that one to avoid a catfight.
    岩根雅明=♡

Considering we know the next series is coming in October, I'm not sure what difference it'd make at this point.

Whether TR are in the next series or not, we only have another 8 months of BW episodes left. And they're probably not going to be in every episode either.

This is what I said to someone in the same thread since we both were kinda on the same tempo on this.

My main complaint since the beginning of "Best Wishes" is the lack of development of Musashi and Kojiro personnalities. they always give me the feeling that they have lost their souls and their reason to live, it seems only the work is important for the trio now. They do not share anything... no more fearhug or complicity....
    Yeeah been wanting to mention the fearhug as well. Just something but I always thought when they did that it meant that they feared for each other and that was cool to see. But yeah, I agree with you when you say that they don't share anything. It's pretty much like.... they are acquaintances. That's all. Never really liked their stoic personalities anyway but then that'd start a catfight.

I dream of a just mix for the trio: "humorous" but not too much and "serious" but not too much (50/50). Like that, every fan will be satisfied (whatever he prefer badass/serious or sentimental/funny every fan should find his happiness.) When I discovered the first BW preview, i was happy when I found the pictures of Team Rocket in black uniforms with their professional appearance, but I quickly became disillusioned when the broadcast of the two first episodes when I realized they were suffering from an excess. The scene that shocked me the most was the passage of "Matori" announcing that their old Pokemon should remain in the HQ... Normally Musashi and Kojiro were very saddened by this announcement but they remained stoic.
    I defiantly agree that they should be a mix of both. Like I prefer the D/P Rockets better because they had better chemistry and they cared for each other more there. RSE comes second. Now as for their Pokemon, I saw in the earlier two arcs that they were somewhat attached to their Pokemon, however I thought it was Giovanni that told them that they had to catch new ones. Although they had the same Pokemon in RSE and D/P but I'm not sure about Kanto. I'm not sure where you're going with that one. :[

Yamask and Woobat also suffer from a huge lack of development. We know nothing of their personality unlike the old pokemon of the trio. This is unfortunate because I love Yamask and I dream to know more about him, What is his personality? Mysterious? Shy? He seems happy for a split second when he leaves his Pokéball... but... how is his relationship with his trainer, Why not dedicate an episode explaining what he feels to have been a human before it becomes a pokémon, is it retains memories of his past life? There are so many interesting things that could be developed.
    They just work for their trainers. But I can see where you're going.

And why they do not have no more the black uniforms now? Black for badass, white for funny would have been much better...
    Well, I am on the black train here and to say that their black ones are better but I don't think the color should determine their personality lol (although I'm down for blue and pink uniforms)

As for the double episode with Meloetta I found OOC Musashi and Kojiro because before they were terrified by the boss they hardly dared to call him but, in this episode they laid their hands on him as if it were a teammate. I expect these episodes something deeper, they discover for example that the boss had used as pawns for its own interests.
    And why the doctor Seger stole so much screentime? I was shocked by the lack of professionalism he has shown in the Tirtouga episodes when it was not even planned a trap to hold after its reconstitution from DNA and the doctor is so much slow >__< ... It's simple, I hate this character and I hope never to see him again.
    I haven't seen Giovanni up close in the other arcs so I'd have to watch them. Didn't see him in D/p but yeah. I can't comment on that.Though I disagree with the one about Zager since he was the only character who had a glimpse of personality on BW Team Rocket. Besides from Giovanni of course. But the others were flat out stoic and boring, including the trio :[

I say like flesh out Matori and Peirce more since they seem a bit forgettable, especially Peirce. But this is only my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

I'm really sad by the disrespect their characters have received in recent years... I hope they will behave as in the radio. I miss ... their laugh and their happiness. I want to see them happy again so they seem to get bored since Best Wishes. I do not think to remain serious all the time give them any happiness. As explained in "Holly Matrimony" Kojiro hated so much the serious/rigid way and so cherished the freedom. I'm tired of their frustrated expressions frozen on their faces...They seem not free for their actions since they work with Seger...
    Team Rocket Radio? I've heard that it was horrible and then I heard from others that it was good. I guess I'll never know :[

But yeah, I've said it many times on SPP but I miss them being cheery and happy and their dumb little rhymes. Even I kinda miss them blasting off and I'm many the ONLY person who does. :[
    I'm responding to the quotes as you see but what they put is how I want the trio to be.
    岩根雅明=♡

I would give them a much more diminished role in the series, where they would only show up for a handful of episodes each season and it would be to truly wreak havoc on something or in a much more sinister capacity. Ash and company have been fending off TR for the better part of a decade in the United States, and honestly it just gets old. The Joker is Batman's foremost villain but they didn't go head to head every single episode of BTAS.
    The need to re-capture that feeling of We are trying to find our place in this world and we are doing it the only way we know how. But those types of portrayals would be on a level of maturity that being a kids animated cartoon show, CN cannot endorse or encourage.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Ooh, if I had my way, I'd have things just the way they were before Best Wishes!
    Wii Console Number: 2471 5162 9486 4718
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2449 4326 8585
    Pokemon Pearl: 0817 0421 0350
    AC: City Folk: 2063 2647 5316
    Xbox 360 GamerTag: Alex IR esq

If interested, send a private message reply posthaste.