Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your first shiny Pokemon?

Default Your first shiny Pokemon?

Hello everyone as you may have noticed I am new here. Growing up I have always been into pokemon. I still even have my old gameboy color with red version in it sitting in my nightstand drawer. But anyways I felt like starting a thread where we can all share stories of our first shiny (wether you caught it, lost it, or was shown by a lucky friend). My first and only shiny was encountered one day while I was casually traversing Rusturf Tunnel. When the normal battle sequence took place I simply rolled my eyes, I knew what pokemon it would be before I even saw it slide into the frame from stage left... or so I though. To my suprise this little scared-looking bunny shimered and glimmered when I saw it. It's ears were tipped green instead of yellow. I was dumbfounded, I blinked multiple times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating over sleep lost trying to catch rayquaza. When I got myself together I decided to just see if I could catch it normally. I tossed an ultra ball expertly as I always do (I swear my character could have been in the big leagues, he never missed a pokemon when throwing a ball). I watched the ball shake and it was all over. I quickly dashed to the pokecenter to check the PC. To my delight the coloration was still strange. I excitedly trained it and the moment of its evolution was an unsettling one. I had no Idea if it would still be a strange color. I froze at first.... my new loudred looked normal. Then I realized it was purple. long story short I evolved it again and it was barely noticable that is was shiny. I was dissapoint and lost it in the mix of pokemon games that came afterwards. Looking back I wish I kept it a Whismur and kept track of it for sentimental value.
    Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink.

My first was on Silver - a shiny Golbat caught in Silver Mountain. I still have the shiny Crobat on my old Silver cart, and to this day I'm gutted there's no way to transfer it onto the newer games.
    3DS friend code 5300 9905 5901
    Friend Safari type: Grass - Quilladin, Tangela and Petilil

My trades:
    Shinies:
    Legendaries:

LF Meloetta. PM me with offers.

Red team:

I just noticed another shiny thread. I apolagize if this thread shouldnt have been made because of it.
    Last edited by NuteIla; 15th January 2013 at 7:55 PM.

Unhappy

I never had one. Is there a fast way to get shinies?
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

My first shiny was in the viridian forest on soulsilver it was a bashful weedle and I had just left the forest, bought some pokeballs went back in and the first thing I see is a green weedle I threw a great ball and caught him, I have him on my white 2 gane now and then the first shiny I caught in my platinum game was a modest floatzel, I have had a bunch of other shinies this year and I'm proud of them all

Badge: Wyvern Badge
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Tropius was mine

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDeoxys View Post
    I never had one. Is there a fast way to get shinies?
    The only fast way is to get a ditto (or some other pokemon) from another country and breed it. The chance of hatching a shiny that way is better than the chances of a random wild encounter.

I was nature breeding Deinos with my Japanese Ditto and the SECOND one popped out green. Was not even trying. Been hooked on MMing since.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCometCustom View Post
    I was nature breeding Deinos with my Japanese Ditto and the SECOND one popped out green. Was not even trying. Been hooked on MMing since.
    How many shinys have you accumulated since?

mine was Ariados on platinum,

also got Chikorita,Torchic and Totodile, Turtwig as a result of SRing

A female Trapinch, hatched from egg on Platinum. I lost her though since my platinum game card inexplicably disappeared Q 7 Q

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

I've breed and raised a shiny Hydreigon, Serperior, Charizard, Weavile, Zoroark, Zangoose, Haxorus, and just last night a Lucario. That doesn't include my event and in-game scripted shinies.

I remember my first shiny. Route east of Jubilife city, just randomly going through the grass. BAM! A shiny Staravia pops out. I caught it. I since created a new game on my Diamond...
    Relationships are like farts; if you push too hard, you just end up with s***.
    -Azealia Banks

Quote Originally Posted by RedCometCustom View Post
    I've breed and raised a shiny Hydreigon, Serperior, Charizard, Weavile, Zoroark, Zangoose, Haxorus, and just last night a Lucario. That doesn't include my event and in-game scripted shinies.
    A Lucario? At night!?! My first was a shiny spoink on sapphire.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    A Lucario? At night!?! My first was a shiny spoink on sapphire.
    :P Bred a Riolu last night, rasied into a Lucario today

My first shiny was a (brace yourself) Bidoof. That is if we don't include the Red Gyarados.

Mine was a Pidgey, and she stays that way. Luv' her to bits and pieces.

Saaatoshi!

Bidoof. But technically it wasn't legit because it was a profile over my Platinum profile where I couldn't save. So my real first one was in Black 2. A Cottonee.

my first shiny that wasnt the red gyarados, was back in silver version it was a weedle unfortunately at the time i had just started a new save file so i didnt have any pokeballs to catch it with besides at the time i thought it was a glitch, ive also seen a shiny girafarig way back then but the first official shiny i caught that i remember was a magikarp way back then i know ive seen others to9i cant remember which ones sadly) and knowing my luck i probably did catch something before that magikarp but i cant remember.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

My first shiny was a Clefable i encountered in the Giant Chasm. Later i traded it for a dex filler.. I really regret it now though.

A Rhyhorn! I think it was on Leaf Green, not sure... but I remember that I thought it was a common rhyhorn, dunno why, and I almost kill it lol
    My Deviantart

FRIEND CODES

Pearl - 2580 6879 0192
    Soul Silver - 0519 0493 9676
    Black - 2022 6879 0192
    Black2 - 4127 4094 7114

feel free to add me : )
    ----------------------------

The first shiny I saw was when my brother met a shiny Weedle in Ilex Forest in Pokémon Silver, we had no idea what was so special about it and he accidentally killed it, but we didn't mind it much, no big deal we figured. My poor brother still hasn't gotten a shiny to this day, he did encounter a shiny Kadabra in Cerulean Cave in Fire Red, but alas, no Pokéballs.

The first shiny that I myself encountered was a shiny Tentacool in Pokémon Leaf Green, I do believe that I still have it, haven't checked up on it for ages. Another one I've met was a shiny Golbat in Pokémon Ruby while training in Victory Road, also caught that one, but I'm pretty sure that its been lost, didn't care for that one quite as much as Tentacool anyways, Tentacruel is an awesome shiny, and I really should get around to evolving it.

Oh yeah, btw, I'm also new here.

my first shiny was a tentacruel in pearl, just out side the pokemon league in that waterfall bit, i panicked, not wanting to lose it and used my master ball :P
    my second shiny was a whismur in ruby, in that bit where skittys are found, i was meant to be studying for a test so i was being discrete and contained myself, i checked my bag and literally had 1 great ball and that was it. buuuuuuuuuuut I caught it! BOOYAH
    Diamond Team : (my first proper team *dont judge* D: )
    Platinum Team :

A Gastrodon in Pearl. It didn't even look shiny. If I didn't see it sparkle I wouldn't know... -___-
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Red Gyarados
    If that doesn't count,Geodude was the first I encountered in Ruby.My first caught was a Golbat in Diamond
    Last edited by Born Better; 15th January 2013 at 10:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast