Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I purchase Firered/ Leafgreen?!

Hybrid View

Default Where can I purchase Firered/ Leafgreen?!

Hey everyone! I am a teenager who wants to replay the Kanto games, but lost his copies YEARS ago. Is there any way that I may purchase these games IN PERSON. If so, what store?
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    Is there any way that I may purchase these games IN PERSON. If so, what store?
    Unequivocally, no. The games are long out of print and unless you happen upon a local store that happens to have used copies in their possession, the options for buying used copies all involve a significant risk of being sold counterfeit products.

Probably not the answer you wanted, but the best option is really just to not.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Thanks you! That helped immensely!
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Hey everyone! I am a teenager who wants to replay the Kanto games, but lost his copies YEARS ago. Is there any way that I may purchase these games IN PERSON. If so, what store?

Sadly, no not in a store. i will say though very rare especially thrifts stores in my area because resellers resale older games sadly. try thrift stores & see if ya can find a copy there try craigslist (might not be available in your country if you're in tha states though you should try to look there) that's all i can give on advice lol XD. other than that you'll have to resort to amazon or ebay lol XD . good luck on finding a copy (i still have my leaf green luckily)

I know some stores that used sell used FrLg. I don't know if they do anymore...

Try one of those used-game stores. I found my Leafgreen recently in one.

Hope this helps.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Your best-bet is probably some local used-game store that's around where you are. You're not going to be able to get it new anymore, unless you go online, but you specifically said no to that so....

You wouldn't be able to get it new online either.

-----
    Words to|live by

In internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    In internet.
    We've established at least twice how that would be a poor course of action in this day and age.

-----
    Words to|live by

While it may be obvious ask some friends or people around your school. I got 2 Sapphires and Emeralds from that. Could have gotten more too.

Check to see if there's retro game stores in your area, one of mine (never visited tho) is called Mega Media Xchange. Don't know if they'd sell them or not but it'd be your best chance.

Did you have a bad experience buying things online or something BCVM? You seem to always be preaching it's a terrible idea when in reality there's more legit copys than not..

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSoda View Post
    Did you have a bad experience buying things online or something BCVM? You seem to always be preaching it's a terrible idea when in reality there's more legit copys than not..
    That's not the reality at all. The reality is that people are hunting for games that were incredibly prolific in their time, are long out of print now, that were and are exceedingly easy to pirate and for which there's still some demand on the secondary market. All of that adds up to being very, very easy to buy what one thinks is legitimate merchandise and in fact is far from that.

In truth, I don't care what someone wants to do with their their money. It doesn't affect me in the slightest. But if the question is asked, that is the answer.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    That's not the reality at all. The reality is that people are hunting for games that were incredibly prolific in their time, are long out of print now, that were and are exceedingly easy to pirate and for which there's still some demand on the secondary market. All of that adds up to being very, very easy to buy what one thinks is legitimate merchandise and in fact is far from that.

In truth, I don't care what someone wants to do with their their money. It doesn't affect me in the slightest. But if the question is asked, that is the answer.
    What you're saying is true, but there is a way to buy old Pokémon games online and be quite certain that they are legit (but never with 100% certainty). The market for bootleg Pokémon games in the US is big, so finding legit games online there is like looking for a needle in a haystack, but in Finland where I live the market for counterfeits of old Nintendo games barely exist. Prices at the moment for FireRed and LeaGreen range between 7€ and 50€. Currently 3 FireRed games and 4 LeafGreen games are being sold on Finnish auction / "post your own ad" sites. However, if you're going to import it you might have to know Finnish / rely on an online translator, or if you're lucky the seller might communicate with you in English on request. The second problem is that none of the sellers offer international shipping and some only approve of a meet up in person, but asking them for international shipping doesn't hurt. And I don't know if PAL games are compatible with American GBA / DS consoles. If anyone is interested I can post links to the auctions / ads.

And otherwise try second hand game stores, pawn shops and flea markets (but you might very well end up with bootlegs from those places too). Come on Nintendo and Game Freak, release all old Pokémon games for the eShop already!
    Proud supporter of the petition for the awesome Pokémon anime shown in this animated Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 trailer!

PokéCommunity thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282195

Copy this to your signature and repost it on social networks if you support the creation of the anime shown in the BW2 trailer!
    Started by PokeAwesome94.

If you are a fan of the Pokémon Adventures manga you're going to love it.
    If you haven't read the Pokémon Adventures manga, you should try it and you're probably going to love the video anyway.

I think if you check Amazon, there are some shops that still sell gen 3 brand new games. But of course they're really pricey for the new ones.
    I bought mine like 3/4 years ago from one of those shops, and they costed as much as DS new games.
    Some versions like Ruby and FireRed are far more expensive than their pairs.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Check craigslist!

Maybe you can find a GameStop with used Gameboy games.

Try asking friends to see if they have a credit card and can order from Amazon, then just pay them a little more for the hassle of them ordering it.

CMA Games is a good seller

order from Amazon
    Have you read the thread? There's a big risk of getting a bootleg game (which are infamous for crashing and corrupt save files) and others before you has pointed out that one can find it on the Internet. Well, if anyone is going to get it online from a US / international site make sure that all "accessories" are included (box, manual and - if it's the Player's Choice edition - the wireless adapter), otherwise if it's just the cartridge it's probably a knock-off. And even if it is complete with all the accessories it could still be a bootleg.
    Proud supporter of the petition for the awesome Pokémon anime shown in this animated Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 trailer!

Copy this to your signature and repost it on social networks if you support the creation of the anime shown in the BW2 trailer!

If you haven't read the Pokémon Adventures manga, you should try it and you're probably going to love the video anyway.

Why are you quoting part of my post lmfao.

Know where to look- the reviews of the seller help and see if they address whether or not they're informed bootleg copies exist. I reccomended a seller that's legit as well. I have gotten 2 copies from Amazon both legit.l

I also replied earlier giving a Non-Internet option, as that's what the OP wanted in the first place

Why are you quoting part of my post lmfao.

Know where to look- the reviews of the seller help and see if they address whether or not they're informed bootleg copies exist. I reccomended a seller that's legit as well. I have gotten 2 copies from Amazon both legit.l

I also replied earlier giving a Non-Internet option, as that's what the OP wanted in the first place
    Well, it was the part of your post I was referring to. Now that I take a second look at your post I realize that it contributed to the dicussion, sorry about what I said in my previous post. I read it quickly and assumed that CMA Games was just a local game store, but now I get that it's an Amazon seller. The customer reviews do help, but a bootleg seller could still get good reviews if the buyer first discover that the game is a bootleg a long time after they've left the feedback (I don't know how long the buyer has the ability to delete a review on Amazon though).

There's for example a FireRed seller with a 100% positive feedback and with this item description for his 8 FireRed games:
    Includes all 386 Pokemon (LVL 100 & Shiny), all Items, Full National Pokedex, 34 Extra LVL 100 Pokemon, 999999 PokeDollars and more! Saved at the beginning of the game and Pokemon will obey without any badges. Comes with the game cartridge only. Please contact us for more details.
    Obviously these are hacked, but I assume that the buyers in this case wanted hacked games, or they are really dumb.

And to the OP and everyone who is considering to get FireRed and LeafGreen: Don't get the Player's Choice edition, it doesn't include the wireless adapter, unlike the original edition.

Some game stores may have GBA Games, though I think they're all getting replaced with DS Games now. =/ That said, FR and LG are commonly seen in GBA cases at plazas like Malls and such. Or, you could just order it of off a website like Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

That's an exceedingly moot point by now, as your chances of finding a factory-sealed copy, the only case in which that would matter, are even lower than finding a legitimate copy at a reasonable price.

-----
    Words to|live by

I ordered Emerald and LeafGreen off UK eBay. First Emerald copy was a fake that ate my saves, I sent it back complaining it was faulty. Second Emerald cart and LG are fine.

My rules of thumb: If it's claimed to be new, or if it's in a new-looking box, it's a fake. If the seller is selling lots of copies of the same games they're fakes; this is I think the most important 'tell'. Look at the seller's other listings and look for someone who seems to be having a clearout or selling the odd thing from time to time; a personal seller, not a high-volume counterfeiter. My LG for example was sold along with a GBA - ain't no pirates gonna do that! Scrutinise the cartridge pictures, but be sure they were taken by the seller and not nicked off the internet. For UK buyers check it's a British cart, they have a CE logo on them, because most of the fakes use the US label, but if you're in the US you don't have this benefit.

It still is something of a minefield though.

Another possible source is pawn shops, either in-store or online. I've had a fair few cheap GBA and DS games from my local branch of UK chain Cash Generator.
    Last edited by cantab; 10th February 2013 at 10:15 PM.

I bought legit copies of LG/FR/E on Amazon but then I got screwed on the copy of saphire I bought. but i've used my Latios from Emerald for wi-fi tournaments but I think it mostly depends on luck when buying a used game onlin since everyone will tell you its the real deal.

You'll probably have to use Craigslist or Gumtree then, and hope to get lucky.

There's lots of bootleg Pokemon games on ebay, but there are steps you can take to (mostly) avoid the fake ones.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast