View Poll Results: Are you participating?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want to battle! (DON'T FORGET! Fill up the registration forms!)

39 79.59%
  • Maybe. I'm not too sure of the chances yet.

5 10.20%
  • No, I have better things to do.

5 10.20%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2013 International Challenge Discussion Thread

i stopped playing yesterday because some of the matches were reidiculous i needed to hit one move and i missed twice and the other team getsb loads of crits
    http://forums.pokemonplus.net/index....rals&reff=1023<-click plz or use ye5 as refferer

Looking for: Metang safari only please message me I really need one.

My 3ds is 4167 5084 5892 Friend safari is Rufflet, Woobat, and Spearow!
    [/FONT]

damn Jap ragequit on me because his Salamance missed 2 Hydropumps on my Chandelure. Coulda used the points.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey_2000 View Post
    i stopped playing yesterday because some of the matches were reidiculous i needed to hit one move and i missed twice and the other team getsb loads of crits
    Don't let battles like those stop you from playing...
    It really is the game... somtimes the luck is leaning a bit to your opponents and sometimes it's leaning toward you. The thing is you just shouldn't let it get in the way of playing more games, and enjoying the game. I mean, I started the tournament in the 1400s because of freeze and flinches, but I managed to get back what I've lost. I'm at around 1650 right now.

But... I really want to hit atleast 1850 by the end of this tournament.

Oh, and I had a pretty good battle against someone from South Korea. He was ranked >1700, and took the loss, so I'm assuming he is a pretty great player. Anyway, I'll try to compile a bunch of my battle videos :3
    Last edited by Shreyas; 26th January 2013 at 8:23 AM.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Has anyone else been getting a communication error message that crashes you out and freezes your ds? I've had two now, which has meant two 1 hour bans when I haven't actually done anything wrong.
    Both times it's happened just after I've plugged in my ds to charge when it's started flashing red, but I wouldn't have thought that would have anything to do with it??

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Has anyone else been getting a communication error message that crashes you out and freezes your ds? I've had two now, which has meant two 1 hour bans when I haven't actually done anything wrong.
    Both times it's happened just after I've plugged in my ds to charge when it's started flashing red, but I wouldn't have thought that would have anything to do with it??
    I've got some internet errors too... don't know if it goes towards the DC rate, but I won't care about making it to the rankings. This tournament is going the wrong way in any case xD Stupid Tyranitars...

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

does a cresselia use tail swipe and does it normally hit 5 times every time cause if it does i don't see where is it really i don't know but thanks for the info btw they still need to have better monitoring of the official tourneys.
    never give up never surrender

On my winning streaks I have suspiciously more disconnects...
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Anyone know when the next tourny is?? I want to out a better team together and of course team building is always slow for me.
    Having fun in this one at least I'm being competitive in this one. DS froze last night after a win. Stayed locked up for over a 1/2 hr so I had to hold down the power button for it to close
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

OT: Halkel
    Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
    Age Division: Masters
    Friend Code: It's on my Signature, I'll PM if you can't see it.
    Message: I'll Battle with Mandibuzz (You might have seen "Is Clefairy Alright?" because I forgot to use it)
    Team: Slaking, Cofagrigus, Mandibuzz, Octillery, Eelektross, Sableye

Right now, I've hit a horrid number on Rank Points (between 1300-1400) because some reason, the Opponent seems to get all the critical hits... Without Serene Grace, Super Luck, High Crit Ratio, Focus Energy or Razor Claw. Before, A Cresselia froze 3 pokemon and that thing never has Serene Grace and all of them couldn't even thaw out... I feel seriously offended by this.

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    You get 1 BP for every battle you win, I believe.
    Actually it's every battle you complete. You don't get the points if you don't complete it (see the results screen basically)
    Last edited by Halkel; 26th January 2013 at 3:31 PM.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:
    Diamond FC: 0259-7843-6718
    Platinum FC: 4985-1701-9701
    Heart Gold FC: 4598-1825-7435
    Black FC: 3825-7716-5520
    Black 2 FC: 3053-5471-8420
    3DS FC: 3179-6050-1707

B2W2 HAf: 220/220 (222/222 if you count both formes of Basculin and Shellos)
    XY HAf: 264/264 (266/269 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos and Pumpkaboo, Unsure if Blue or Yellow Symbiosis Floette exist as I've been hearing)
    XY HAm/HAg: 14/14

Spreadsheet for Hidden Abilities (Gen 5 now added)

Hunting HH/Friend Safari Pokemon (Not asking for):

Seeking Hidden Abilities (X&Y): None right now

Nationals Ratings:
    UK Nationals 2013: Rank 77

I just lost because someone I was fighting had an inner focus dragonite. INNER FOCUS.

Is fake out really so common that people are willing to give up multiscale?

I lost 2-0, where if I handled that Dragonite early in the battle, it would of been an easy 3-0. This guy also wasn't very familiar with Aggron's base 180 defense, and had to learn it the hard way...I don't really think I deserved that loss. Oh well...

But honestly, after all that work and team improvement, I can't do any better then in the last tourny. I'm still floating at around 1500, which is exactly what happened last time. I'm going to have to practice on a simulator for the next one. It's frustrating to do all that work and have nothing to show for it.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 26th January 2013 at 3:51 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

This tournament is being weird so far for me... I got 5 wins in a row, then I went into a losing streak, even losing to some 1400s (that presented nice teams and strageties, congrats to them) and by the end of the morning I had a ratio of 10-9. Now, got 6 more wins in a row, that could be 7 but when I defeated a guy in high 1700s he disconnected, and I'm at high 1500s again. Only hope I can keep up and get close to the 1600s.

If anyone here battled me and I got disconnected, sorry, my WiFi can't reach the entire house with good signal and I forget about that sometimes :X

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I just lost because someone I was fighting had an inner focus dragonite. INNER FOCUS.

Is fake out really so common that people are willing to give up multiscale?
    In short, yes it is xD

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    In short, yes it is xD
    Yikes. I've really got a lot to learn if I'm ever going to get a half decent score in one of these tournies...I'm tired of coming just to embarrass myself.

And I was doing so well when it started, to.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

I think I battled someone who wasn't playing, but rather let the timeouts determine entering team and moves.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

I hate rage quitters. I was destroying a Tyranitar and Garchomp w/ a Sableye and a Scrafty, guy got so mad he was going to lose. And he had a way better rating than I do, now I know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario C View Post
    I hate rage quitters. I was destroying a Tyranitar and Garchomp w/ a Sableye and a Scrafty, guy got so mad he was going to lose. And he had a way better rating than I do, now I know why.
    I burned someone's Tyranitar and Paralyzed his other with Slaking's Body Slam, during the move's execution, my WiFi signal on my 3DS went Red. this was the first go and I get Error 91010 because they (the server) felt like it Xp. I wouldn't mind, that was coming to a good start D=

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    I think I battled someone who wasn't playing, but rather let the timeouts determine entering team and moves.
    If you let time out, I noticed pokemon don't attack at all. I didn't pay attention and I didn't make any move, the opponent got a move in though.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:
    Diamond FC: 0259-7843-6718
    Platinum FC: 4985-1701-9701
    Heart Gold FC: 4598-1825-7435
    Black FC: 3825-7716-5520
    Black 2 FC: 3053-5471-8420
    3DS FC: 3179-6050-1707

B2W2 HAf: 220/220 (222/222 if you count both formes of Basculin and Shellos)
    XY HAf: 264/264 (266/269 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos and Pumpkaboo, Unsure if Blue or Yellow Symbiosis Floette exist as I've been hearing)
    XY HAm/HAg: 14/14

Spreadsheet for Hidden Abilities (Gen 5 now added)

Hunting HH/Friend Safari Pokemon (Not asking for):

Seeking Hidden Abilities (X&Y): None right now

Nationals Ratings:
    UK Nationals 2013: Rank 77

They do attack but the moves are then chosen randomly (usually the first moveslot)
    [CENTER]My Autumn Friendly 2012 and Winter Battle 2012 Team

My International Challenge (January 2013) Team

My Winter Friendly (2013) Team

Well...I still dislike the rating system. I can live with it, but it's annoying how I lose points for winning some matches and gain points for losing others. For instance, I just beat someone who had a lower rating than I did...and I lost about a dozen points because of how the rating system is constructed. It makes very little sense to me, but I can probably live with it.

I'm also sick of goodstuff teams, but that's a story for another time.

EDIT: My rating is currently 1337. I'm almost tempted to quit now, just to keep that rating. XD
    Last edited by Morpher01; 26th January 2013 at 6:22 PM.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Goodstuff teams are ridiculously common and annoying..... 21-10-3
    Last edited by ReshiramBlue; 26th January 2013 at 6:36 PM.

I've noticed the ratings seem to be a lot lower than the Winter Challenge, and I'm not coming across that many high rated players. (might just be getting lucky)
    Just 4-0'ed a fully shiny team which was nice
    I'm at 1558 at the moment, hopefully get to the 1600's by end of tonight.

Im about to quit im tired of my moves missing UGHHHHHHHHHhh
    Edit- My recent opponent was such a d*ck. First here i am with a 1598 ranking against his 1888 ranking and he brings the stupid goodstuff teams. Then i fight a long and annoying battle with excellent predictions on both sides. When luck FINALLY smiled down upon me, he decided to forfeit. That's fair, right? Just as it was sending data, at the very last moment, HE DISCONNECTS. TLDR, I fight an annoying battle, he rragequits while the tourney was ranking my would be win. He denied me of a great battle video, denied me of so many needed ranking points, and now i dont know whether this will count against him because he dc'ed right as it was sending data. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh! His name was Miguel, and he had a Tyanitar, Scizor, Cresselia, Hydreigon, Garchomp and Thundurus.
    22-11-4
    Last edited by ReshiramBlue; 26th January 2013 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiramBlue View Post
    Im about to quit im tired of my moves missing UGHHHHHHHHHhh
    Edit- My recent opponent was such a d*ck. First here i am with a 1598 ranking against his 1888 ranking and he brings the stupid goodstuff teams. Then i fight a long and annoying battle with excellent predictions on both sides. When luck FINALLY smiled down upon me, he decided to forfeit. That's fair, right? Just as it was sending data, at the very last moment, HE DISCONNECTS. TLDR, I fight an annoying battle, he rragequits while the tourney was ranking my would be win. He denied me of a great battle video, denied me of so many needed ranking points, and now i dont know whether this will count against him because he dc'ed right as it was sending data. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh! His name was Miguel, and he had a Tyanitar, Scizor, Cresselia, Hydreigon, Garchomp and Thundurus.
    21-11-4
    Will keep this in mind. Can't imagine your frustration

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

2012 Wi-Fi International Challenge Champion
    2011 East Regional VGC Seniors Champion
    2011 US Nationals VGC Seniors Champion
    2012 US Nationals VGC Seniors Champion

This battle made me feel a little better about my prediction abilities. If you're interested, take a look at the battle video: 62-87644-01745

Words cannot describe the joy I felt when my opponent's Explosion fainted ONLY the Pokemon on his side due to my Altaria's Protect and my Cofagrigus' Ghost typing. XD
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Finally got above 1500 after 18 matches XD oh jeez this tournament has been ahting me. Doesn't help it's being mean making me pick on some 1300's :/

73 98755 12855 Guy actually beat me just before. Fun amtches, shame you can't go straight 2/3 matches XD

Not one of mine, and probably done before, but seeing this used int he tourney, epic troll is amusing
    26 39850 52923

Couple more wins. A DC (lucario and weavile vs my 'croak and manectric, he DC'd after first round when 'croak FO'd weavile, probably breaking sash and lucario almost dead. bone rush only hit twice for about 40 vs manectric. And alson one loss that made me go ugh. one of those 'his cress is at 30% and he just saw me use sucker punch, surely he won't attack" so i go after his other poke. Ended up he attacked with cress anyways. Would have won easily if I just sucker punched.

yay switches 37-83434-37678
    Shame his scrafty was just a bit faster, would have been fun to encore him into fake out.

Will probably do more after dinner and DS recharges.
    Last edited by Arande; 26th January 2013 at 11:17 PM.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

I really hate my luck,,
    I can miss my hydro pump and hurricane 3 times in a row,, while my opponent's hydro pump hit in 1st attempt,,
    and the my opponent easily snapped out of confusion,, only in 2 or 3 turn's while none of them damage to their self,,

pokemon battle is always fun,,
    but RQ is a really2 big mood killer,,
    it's frustrating + it's a chain reaction...
    hopefully they soon will be able to decide the RQer loose the match,,
    It's really frustrating while you win 4 times in a row but all got RQd..
    and loose the 5th match,,

hoping everybody having a good time,,
    and we'll getting a better online battling system soon,,,
    simply Pokemon lover

looking for these FS:

steel klang

FC: 1246-8803-7575
    safari type, fire, braixen, pyroar, ponyta..

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast