View Poll Results: Are you participating?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want to battle! (DON'T FORGET! Fill up the registration forms!)

39 79.59%
  • Maybe. I'm not too sure of the chances yet.

5 10.20%
  • No, I have better things to do.

5 10.20%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2013 International Challenge Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    Don't let battles like those stop you from playing...
    It really is the game... somtimes the luck is leaning a bit to your opponents and sometimes it's leaning toward you. The thing is you just shouldn't let it get in the way of playing more games, and enjoying the game. I mean, I started the tournament in the 1400s because of freeze and flinches, but I managed to get back what I've lost. I'm at around 1650 right now.

But... I really want to hit atleast 1850 by the end of this tournament.

Oh, and I had a pretty good battle against someone from South Korea. He was ranked >1700, and took the loss, so I'm assuming he is a pretty great player. Anyway, I'll try to compile a bunch of my battle videos :3
    i used a thunderbolt on a suicune and it didn't do even a quater of health and also i was 4-2 up and lost againts a kingdra and seismitoad with a torterra snorlax-knows thunder, latias -knows thunder and regice who knew blizzard and thunder bluddeh kingdras
    http://forums.pokemonplus.net/index....rals&reff=1023<-click plz or use ye5 as refferer

Looking for: Metang safari only please message me I really need one.

My 3ds is 4167 5084 5892 Friend safari is Rufflet, Woobat, and Spearow!
    [/FONT]

@zachmac yes inner focus on nite for doubles is VERY common for a lead.
    I'm gonna have to work on a better team for next time. Mind you these guys are going well. Much better than last time but I'm still mid 1500 with near 50 battles.
    Not gonna lie I've played dumb in some cases and lost focus in others. I love these tourny's cause you get to use the pokes you like and not always OU pokes.
    It is a pain to see the same pokes over and over again. Good stuff and Sand suck
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Well, my rating just fell under 1300, and despite that, I'm still battling. Mostly because this is a quicker way to get BP than by grinding it at the PWT/Battle Subway. Maybe I'll stop when I hit 100 battles, but until then, I'm just going to keep racking up BP regardless of my rating.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

So... Many... Cresselia's!!!!! It's no longer about my ranking now it's all about how many battles I can get in. I'm shooting for at least 20 battles tonight! Maybe I can beat my old record of 60 battles. Also why does the move command time have to be so low!? That makes it much harder to think calmly and try to predict your opponent's moves. What is it? 30 seconds!? And don't even get me started about phone calls! In random match you get a nice 2 minutes to select your moves now I understand they want to keep the tournament at a steady pace but 30 seconds goes by so fast and naturally your rushing. How can you stay calm and concentrate when your in a freaken hurry!?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

The numerous Cresselia makes me want to use Weavile, to prevent its Trick Room and probably bait switch-ins... and I just got disconnected against ユミ who had around 1495 points, I could tell from that red Wi-Fi icon.

Just had a funny match against AUSTIN, who lives in Maryland and had 1501 points with just my Ninetales and Mudkip.
    Last edited by Lorenzo The Comic; 27th January 2013 at 1:55 AM.

Thus far I'm in the high 1600's, with 40-15 win-loss record. Could add another 6 wins if it wasn't for disconnectors, but oh well!

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Streaming is live again! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kickataz
    2012 Wi-Fi International Challenge Champion
    2011 East Regional VGC Seniors Champion
    2011 US Nationals VGC Seniors Champion
    2012 US Nationals VGC Seniors Champion

I stand corrected! The move timer is 1:00 but man... It runs out so freaken fast...
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    PM or VM me!

Made my target of getting to the 1600's tonight. 8 wins on the spin did me the world of good
    Tomorrow the target is 1650, if I get to 1700 I shall call it a day as I reckon that'll get me some Championship points (although I'm wondering how this will work for UK players? and when is our VGC gonna be???)

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiramBlue View Post
    Goodstuff teams are ridiculously common and annoying..... 21-10-3
    Err... Just what are these goodstuff teams?
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    PM or VM me!

So there's still tomorrow and the day after that for this tourney, right? While it's been fun and I want to continue battling, not sure I'll get any more in today. So far record is 2 wins and 6 loses I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Halkel View Post
    If you let time out, I noticed pokemon don't attack at all. I didn't pay attention and I didn't make any move, the opponent got a move in though.
    Wow, ok, guess they just took long, almost two minutes per turn. I think they might have been new though because seemed to keep using same moves, one of which didn't do much at all towards the end (was archeops, so maybe it's defeatist ability and Terri's intimidate hindering its earthquake?). Also weren't doing to well sadly.
    Last edited by Trainer Frankie; 27th January 2013 at 3:49 AM.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Got a good 15 battles in today not including the RQ'ers (which were every other match) My rating is currently 1502 I should quit but I'm gonna stick it out to the end even if it means my rating may go below 1500. I just battle for fun I don't believe in status.
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    PM or VM me!

Just had a great battle against someone in the 1400s range. The battle pretty much would have gotten my rating into the 1700s or lower it further into the 1660s. There was some hax, but I managed to play around it. The final fire blast miss pretty much won me the game :3

if you're interested, here's the battle: 81-97441-57634
    The game is a pretty good example of how small hax can really change the game.

ranked 1702 right now, and I'm hoping I can make it to 1800s by the end of the weekend :3

By the way... be sure to use proper internet connections, guys. Someone just beat me in a battle and then d/c'd :/

Oh, and is it just me or is this tournament a lot harder than the ones in the past?
    Last edited by Shreyas; 27th January 2013 at 9:14 AM.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Used physic on Weavile.... cost me the game, i hate myself.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    This tournament is being weird so far for me... I got 5 wins in a row, then I went into a losing streak, even losing to some 1400s (that presented nice teams and strageties, congrats to them) and by the end of the morning I had a ratio of 10-9. Now, got 6 more wins in a row, that could be 7 but when I defeated a guy in high 1700s he disconnected, and I'm at high 1500s again. Only hope I can keep up and get close to the 1600s.

If anyone here battled me and I got disconnected, sorry, my WiFi can't reach the entire house with good signal and I forget about that sometimes :X
    I'm sorry but I don't believe you here. If your wifi cuts out when you move then why are you moving while on your DS? Also you suprisingly disconnect when you're about to lose. How do I know? You did it to me.
    If you honestly have wifi problems then why are you playing in the tournament with the problems? Not helping you or people you dc on, like me.

Quote Originally Posted by NidoRich View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't believe you here. If your wifi cuts out when you move then why are you moving while on your DS? Also you suprisingly disconnect when you're about to lose. How do I know? You did it to me.
    If you honestly have wifi problems then why are you playing in the tournament with the problems? Not helping you or people you dc on, like me.

because maybe he wants to have some fun and play while he can...
    he isnt diconnecting on purpose, if he did that why then not disconnect in other matches where he would lose lots of points?
    it just happens man, chill a bit we are here to have fun
    the weather in our country is pretty bad right now so that could be one of the reasons he DC'd aswell
    it happened to me aswell, i got disconnected from 2 matches already and in one of them i was winning 4-1 and it really sucked but if we stop playing because of the weather or because sometimes we might get DC'd then we wouldnt play at all :/
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Just got spanked by someone running Shiny Metagross, Shiny Kingra, Shiny Politoed and swift swim combo. Shoulda see that coming with all the water pokemon. Wish i selected my trickroom Reuniclus because i leveled it to 100 just for these situations >.>
    My Hydreigon is really letting me down, I should have given it Choice Specs. I'm losing so bad because it gets totalled before I can use it even with 313speed.
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 27th January 2013 at 1:21 PM.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

I do know that it's meant to be fun and I do have fun...when I'm not DC'd on (intentially or not).

Just think of it from my point of view, DC's rack up and that increases the dc rate...meaning it could lead to disqualification. Oh what fun that'll be right . It's just convenient that the connection is ok through the entire battle and then just at the end when you win....the connection goes then.
    But yeah whatever right
    If it was out of his control then ok, but no one truly knows apart from them
    Last edited by NidoRich; 27th January 2013 at 1:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NidoRich View Post
    I do know that's it's meant to be fun and I do have fun...when I'm not DC'd on (intentially or not).

Just think of it from my point of view, DC's rack up and that increases the dc rate...meaning it could lead to disqualification. Oh what fun that'll be right . It's just convenient that re connection is ok through the entire battle and then just at the end when you win....the connection goes then.
    But yeah whatever right
    If it was out of his control then ok, but no one truly knows apart from them

yeah i know what you mean, and yes it really costs people alot when others RQ on us but its kinda unfair think that everyone does that on purpose just because we get that alot :/

Well, starting my run for today. I'm probably going to go above 100 battles in total, because I want me some more of that sweet BP. And also it's fun battling people who actually have enough creativity to not use goodstuff teams. XD
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

Starting my run up again for a bit. It's nighttime, and I'm super tired, but I'll deal. Super excited to get some more battles in.

That said, I'm doing alright this time. Probably my second worst Wi-Fi tourney ever, but I mean, my fault really. I started team building late, and I didn't get as much practice with the team as I'd wished. I already have some new ideas that will hopefully be much more helpful in the future. I'm breaking 12-11 right now.

I haven't seen many DCers though, thank goodness. I'm really happy about that. I also have seen a lot of Rain, a lot of Tundurus-Therian. Not too hard to handle though, but I have to play smart.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

after going the past 1 and a half days without internet, im gonna start my streak for today.
    anyhow, what pokemon have all you been seeing a lot?

^Hitmontop, Garchomp, Latios, Cresselia, Tyranitar, Scizor, Hydreigon, Rotom, Thundurus, Politoed, Kingdra, Ludicolo. those guys
    [CENTER]My Autumn Friendly 2012 and Winter Battle 2012 Team

My International Challenge (January 2013) Team

My Winter Friendly (2013) Team

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Starting my run up again for a bit. It's nighttime, and I'm super tired, but I'll deal. Super excited to get some more battles in.

That said, I'm doing alright this time. Probably my second worst Wi-Fi tourney ever, but I mean, my fault really. I started team building late, and I didn't get as much practice with the team as I'd wished. I already have some new ideas that will hopefully be much more helpful in the future. I'm breaking 12-11 right now.

I haven't seen many DCers though, thank goodness. I'm really happy about that. I also have seen a lot of Rain, a lot of Tundurus-Therian. Not too hard to handle though, but I have to play smart.

hey justin will there be another stream like the one you did this weekend?
    it was pretty fun and cool to watch ^^

Whew...this battle was a close one, but it was pretty good (aside from Tyranitar and Ludicolo being present).

Video's here if you're interested: 24-20774-80864

...is it bad that I'm writing down all my battle video numbers in a MS Word file? XD I guess the VS Recorder just doesn't have enough space for my liking.
    Last edited by Morpher01; 27th January 2013 at 4:41 PM.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast