View Poll Results: Are you participating?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want to battle! (DON'T FORGET! Fill up the registration forms!)

39 79.59%
  • Maybe. I'm not too sure of the chances yet.

5 10.20%
  • No, I have better things to do.

5 10.20%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 International Challenge Discussion Thread

Yep, I'm totally sucking right now. 2-4, and I'm very close to tossing my DS against the wall, I'm getting so frustrated. -_- Not a good sign, lol. Oddly enough, I keep losing to a bunch of crap I used to see a year or two ago but that had died down. The only thing I haven't seen is Whimsicott + Terrakion. Yet.

Well, I'll try one more battle. Win or lose, it'll be my last battle tonight.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Yep, I'm totally sucking right now. 2-4, and I'm very close to tossing my DS against the wall, I'm getting so frustrated. -_- Not a good sign, lol. Oddly enough, I keep losing to a bunch of crap I used to see a year or two ago but that had died down. The only thing I haven't seen is Whimsicott + Terrakion. Yet.

Yeah...I know how you feel. I wanted a new team, but because the one I'm using for this tournament is the first one I came up with...it isn't that great. I've done nothing but lose in every battle I've been in (well, I would've had one win in there if the guy hadn't DC'd).

I'm DEFINITELY going to need to do some team refinement before the next tourney...maybe a Trick Room or Sandstorm team.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

i just battled someone running that.
    no freaking joke, but i ko'd whimsicott and they dq'd :S

Uh...I just saw a Salamence use Hidden Power. And then Draco Meteor. Hidden Power did a surprisingly large amount of damage to my Conkeldurr, though.

So...anyone encounter any other surprising sets like special Salamence?

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand my connection crapped out following my loss. Wonderful. -_- At least I don't make a habit of doing it intentionally, like some of the other immature people I've seen.
    Last edited by Morpher01; 25th January 2013 at 3:03 AM.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

Was about to beat another 1600 some rating, and got yet another D/C >.< that's my 6th D/C since starting this and i've only done 18 battles

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Just beat a very good ranked korean, now i have 13 wins, 6 losses, and 2 disconnects.(subject to change)
    BTW guys, do you know a decent counter for rain teams? Especially kingdra?
    Last edited by ReshiramBlue; 25th January 2013 at 4:19 AM.
    [CENTER]My Autumn Friendly 2012 and Winter Battle 2012 Team

My International Challenge (January 2013) Team

My Winter Friendly (2013) Team

Well, there was the last battle. Rather an annoying one, sadly. Drizzle team, with Kingdra, Latios, Politoed, and something else. I think it was a Scizor or something. They kept pulling a dual protect to stall out my Trick Room. Fat lot of good it did them, I just sac'd Dusknoir and let Gastrodon beat Latios and Kingdra to death while Lickilicky fried that Politoed up really good. Gotta love Cloud Nine! That's got to be the first time I've seen a Kingdra running Toxic and Draco Meteor. 0_o And no, my opinion of that move has not improved with this last encounter. x)
    ... ... Bleh, now I know it's time to quit for tonight. I won and I'm STILL griping. x) I think some sleep is in order. Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day! n_n I guess I'm at 3-4 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales
    i just battled someone running that.
    no freaking joke, but i ko'd whimsicott and they dq'd :S
    I'm not surprised. Whimsicott is often the keystone of that sort of team. Take out Whimsicott, and the whole team falls apart. Suddenly, they can't boost up Terrak, set up Tailwind, or annoy your team with Leech Seed or whatever status moves they have.

Last tourney it seemed that everyone was using the old Sinnoh and Hoenn favourites. Now I see people running all the Unova pokemon again.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphor01
    Yeah...I know how you feel. I wanted a new team, but because the one I'm using for this tournament is the first one I came up with...it isn't that great. I've done nothing but lose in every battle I've been in (well, I would've had one win in there if the guy hadn't DC'd).

I'm DEFINITELY going to need to do some team refinement before the next tourney...maybe a Trick Room or Sandstorm team.
    Trust me, I've been there too. I remember feeling such disappointment in the team I put together for one of the friendlies. Amoonguss, Jellicent, Lickilicky, Sigilyph, Scrafty, and Gliscor. I worked really hard on the idea, trained and bred them carefully, tested them out a bit, entered them in the tourney aaaaand...

... they failed miserably. It was such a frustrating time, but I'm the stubborn sort of moron so I tried them again after it was over. Then I realized that though the pokes themselves were okay, I had been using them in the wrong combinations. I started trying out different combos until I found a couple that just seemed to click, and I started winning a bunch of battles. Just keep playing around with how you use your Pokemon, and you'll learn them eventually. You'll start seeing which ones work well together, which ones are good to spring on your opponent at the last minute, and which ones desperately need a new move or have one or two absolutely useless ones. Best of luck, and here's hoping tomorrow's battles are a little more fruitful for you. n_n

G'night everyone!

My Youtube battle videos

Speaking of Rain vs Sun, I VS'd a Sun team with my Rain team recently, and my opponent had a Cradily with Storm Drain in case of Water-type attacks. My Castform was too frail to survive two Solar Beams from Vileplume, even under the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo The Comic View Post
    Speaking of Rain vs Sun, I VS'd a Sun team with my Rain team recently, and my opponent had a Cradily with Storm Drain in case of Water-type attacks. My Castform was too frail to survive two Solar Beams from Vileplume, even under the sun.
    Why use Castform? With those stats, you're better off using a regular water type.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 25th January 2013 at 3:59 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

can someone tell me a good counter to rain teams?

I have two Fire-types on another team, and without the rain Hydreigon becomes hard for Kingdra to counter. Probably should have use my Dragonite instead.

Trust me, I've been there too. I remember feeling such disappointment in the team I put together for one of the friendlies. Amoonguss, Jellicent, Lickilicky, Sigilyph, Scrafty, and Gliscor. I worked really hard on the idea, trained and bred them carefully, tested them out a bit, entered them in the tourney aaaaand...

... they failed miserably. It was such a frustrating time, but I'm the stubborn sort of moron so I tried them again after it was over. Then I realized that though the pokes themselves were okay, I had been using them in the wrong combinations. I started trying out different combos until I found a couple that just seemed to click, and I started winning a bunch of battles. Just keep playing around with how you use your Pokemon, and you'll learn them eventually. You'll start seeing which ones work well together, which ones are good to spring on your opponent at the last minute, and which ones desperately need a new move or have one or two absolutely useless ones. Best of luck, and here's hoping tomorrow's battles are a little more fruitful for you. n_n

G'night everyone!
    I actually JUST experienced something like that...right after reading your post. For some odd reason, my Cofagrigus and Conkeldurr managed to decimate my opponent's Cresselia, Heatran, Tyranitar, and Garchomp. Cresselia's Trick Room actually worked out quite well for me.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiramBlue View Post
    can someone tell me a good counter to rain teams?
    There's actually a lot of different counters out there. Weather is an okay option, especially if you run the actual moves rather than the auto weather (auto-weather seems to just provoke weather wars. Carrying Sunny Day might actually force a Politoed out so it can switch back in, which can be a pretty sweet thing to do).

I personally love Cloud Nine. All weather is nullified while the Pokemon carrying it is on the field. No weather wars at all. The Cloud Nine user is basically in control of whether the weather takes effect or not.

Gastrodon or another Storm Drain user (Is cradily the only other 'mon with that?) is another fun option. Switching in Gastrodon to a predicted Water type attack to nab some free Sp.Atk boosts is pretty darn sweet.

Trick Room is yet another option. Most rain teams depend on speed to work properly, so take that away and they become vulnerable.

Other than that, bulky 'mons in general seem to be a pain for rain teams, as are status moves like Thunder Wave and Taunt. Particularly Taunt, since a lot of Politoeds carry moves like Perish Song and Hypnosis.

EDIT: Sweet, congrats Morpher! n_n It's a good feeling to have your faith restored in a team, eh? Cresselia TR'd in front of a Cofagrigus? I can see that that would be pretty sweet for you. Cofagrigus is awesome under trick room. Well, here's hoping you get some more battles like that then!
    Last edited by zozo; 25th January 2013 at 3:29 AM.

My Youtube battle videos

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I CAN NEVER GET THE F*CKING HAX UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh IF bRELOOMS BULLET SEED HIT ONCE EXTRA TIME ON CRESS I WOULD HAVE WON AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHhhhhh curse you 3 time hits...

Ugh. Still training everything, so I'm not in on everything yet.

Excited though! Should be done by tonight!

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Finally broke even and had enough non D/C wins to get back to 8-8. Hopefully I don't run into many more D/C's and turn things around now

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

FOUND YOU! now add my team! >: )

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo The Comic View Post
    I too, am playing Colress' battle theme right now. .
    If only we would be able to change the music in 6th gen like we can in the new FE...

Anyways, as for the tourney, ugh. 6-3, not including a DC when it was sending in a win (Not sure if WFC is getting overloaded, or person RQ'd after the win/loss screen) my losses have been because it feels like the game is throwing ALL the hax at me. Seriously, even had brightpowder hax making me miss key moves :/ least the last match I had I survived the 2 crits (I crit once too, but the hydreigon would ahve died anyways)
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

This game is bullsh*t the hax is always in the asians favor. I rematched a person i lost to (because of hax) and lost AGAIN (because of slight hax at the end), if muddy hit cress, i would have WON. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh ill edit my post to show the battle video

Taking a break now. Thus far at 10-4, with about 3-4 DCs against me (one seemed random with timing, and the other three when I was in a winning position). Not too bad I suppose!

Still hating on flinch hax though. =p

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Seriously, calm down. I actually do use an "Asian" account but at least it's fair game for me, I just lack intelligence that's all.

Sorry but when you have a game that does nothing but hax against you, you will rage ALL THE TIME. The battle i just lost was 12-94845-81751. Did you know i fought Rayrizz in random matchups and he had insane hax in his favor? I Still have the battle video to prove it, which would be 91-83734-92381. Please watch either of them to know exactly how much this game HATES ME AND ME ONLY!

Ok, finally decided on my team~

OT: Alex
    Trainer Sprite: Youngster
    Age Division: Masters
    Friend Code: Unsure
    Team: Ninetales, Typhlosion, Amoongus, Kingdra, Terrakion, Gyarados
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiramBlue View Post
    Sorry but when you have a game that does nothing but hax against you, you will rage ALL THE TIME. The battle i just lost was 12-94845-81751. Did you know i fought Rayrizz in random matchups and he had insane hax in his favor? I Still have the battle video to prove it, which would be 91-83734-92381. Please watch either of them to know exactly how much this game HATES ME AND ME ONLY!
    Still, if you play this game, or any RPG really, hax is something you have to learn to live with.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Yes but it happens to me in EVERY MATCH I HAVE. I can never go ONE match with either hax in my favor, or no hax at all. That is just disturbing,,,,

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast