Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Operation Rainfall Ends With Success

  1. #1

    Default Operation Rainfall Ends With Success

    Both Xenoblade and The Last Story have reached North American (and I suppose European) shores last year.

    Now, though, that leaves Pandora's Tower...and it's coming to North America this Spring, being published by XSeed.

    For the operation to be a total success, we just need to see if Europe is getting it, too.

    Something's off with an egg... ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - The Wonderful 101

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    For the operation to be a total success, we just need to see if Europe is getting it, too.
    Pandora's Tower was released in April last year in Europe.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Pandora's Tower was released in April last year in Europe.
    Total success!

    Something's off with an egg... ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - The Wonderful 101

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    You do realize this entire childish whining campaign was done solely because Europe was getting something that the US wasn't?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fluster Cluck, NJ
    Posts
    8,717

    Default

    Not unwarranted though. There's really no reason not to release the games over here, especially since they've already been translated and dubbed into English anyway.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    Seemed kind of justified to me, considering how noteworthy the first two somethings were.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    Doesn't change the fact that the entire thing was a bunch of people whining to Nintendo to localize games that they didn't even develop in the first place.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,459

    Default

    Would of been easier to just homebrew you Wii to play region free like I did. TBH it is not illegal since I did it just for the region free aspect and not playing backups or anything

    Happy 2014

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fluster Cluck, NJ
    Posts
    8,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that the entire thing was a bunch of people whining to Nintendo to localize games that they didn't even develop in the first place.
    Yes, but they publish them. And even so, it worked. Also Operation Rainfall when to Ganbarion themselves so it's still a moot point.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Would of been easier to just homebrew you Wii to play region free like I did. TBH it is not illegal since I did it just for the region free aspect and not playing backups or anything
    Yeah, that totally doesn't void your warranty or something. Not to mention the cost of importing would mean you're paying way more for the game.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Yeah, that totally doesn't void your warranty or something.
    It only voids our warranty if you still have a warranty on a 6 year old system to begin with.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,842

    Default

    Have fun playing it you guys, it was worth the effort. Kinda sad about the US seeing it so late cause although it wasn't exactly the greatest of games, it was interesting enough.
    BLAH

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that the entire thing was a bunch of people whining to Nintendo to localize games that they didn't even develop in the first place.
    Doesn't Nintendo own Monolith Soft and I am pretty sure that they collaborated with Mistwalker on the development of The Last Story or at lest funded it.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    From a lonely street
    Posts
    8,392

    Default

    I have XBC, which I loved, and TLS, which I didn't like all that much.

    I was initially excited to get Pandora's Tower, but after remembering that I have no disposable income, I'm apprehensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by sswotwot View Post
    The IceCream Pokemon were actually made in Gen 1 :3 Just a little fun fact to ruin a Genwunners day (not saying you are one)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    Pandora's Tower is a turn based RPG, isn't it?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    3,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Pandora's Tower is a turn based RPG, isn't it?
    I think it's more hack-n'-slash.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    I think it's more hack-n'-slash.
    Okay. I don't know if I should get it, I loved Xenoblade but hated Last Story. I don't know if I should pick this up.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Doesn't Nintendo own Monolith Soft and I am pretty sure that they collaborated with Mistwalker on the development of The Last Story or at lest funded it.
    What NoJ does, NoA is not required to mirror.

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Okay. I don't know if I should get it, I loved Xenoblade but hated Last Story. I don't know if I should pick this up.
    Not really surprising considering The Last Story is generally considered to be crap.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    357

    Default

    I think most people agree The Last Story is inferior to Xenoblade but it was still a pretty good game. In fact, there are a handful of things it had I wish Xenoblade did.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that the entire thing was a bunch of people whining to Nintendo to localize games that they didn't even develop in the first place.
    God save those souls for actually trying to make their voices heard instead of simply *****ing and complaining on internet forums!
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that the entire thing was a bunch of people whining to Nintendo to localize games that they didn't even develop in the first place.
    They're all second party games, so Nintendo definitely played a part in their development. Xenoblade and Pokemon, for example, are related to Nintendo in the same way, if that puts things into perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You do realize this entire childish whining campaign was done solely because Europe was getting something that the US wasn't?
    I don't think it's childish for people to want actual games for a console that they paid money for. Besides, if there was no such thing as region locking this wouldn't have happened in the first place. And since they're all second party games it was Nintendo's responsibility to localize them (Xseed had a time and a half getting The Last Story).

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Not really surprising considering The Last Story is generally considered to be crap.
    It's considered to be inferior to Xenoblade, the best JRPG of the generation. Literally everyone who's played it considered it to be better than Final Fantasy XIII, Square Enix's flagship JRPG this gen.
    [

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawley007 View Post
    I think most people agree The Last Story is inferior to Xenoblade but it was still a pretty good game.
    Yes, because 9/10 "It's okay" scores definitely mean a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    God save those souls for actually trying to make their voices heard instead of simply *****ing and complaining on internet forums!
    I'll make my voice heard when they decide to not release a game that actually matters outside of its home country. You don't see me starting huge whining campaigns to get Idolm@ster brought outside of Japan, do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    They're all second party games, so Nintendo definitely played a part in their development. Xenoblade and Pokemon, for example, are related to Nintendo in the same way, if that puts things into perspective.
    Your point is? Starfy didn't come out in the west until the 4th game, and nobody seemed to care before SSBB. Same with Fire Emblem before Melee.

    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    I don't think it's childish for people to want actual games for a console that they paid money for. Besides, if there was no such thing as region locking this wouldn't have happened in the first place. And since they're all second party games it was Nintendo's responsibility to localize them (Xseed had a time and a half getting The Last Story).
    No, it would be Nintendo's right to localize them. They had no obligation to bring them to the US, no more than From Software was required to bring Metal Wolf Chaos to the Xbox, or Level-5 was required to bring the DS version of Ni No Kuni to the west, nor for Nintendo themselves to bring Shin Monshou no Nazo out outside of Japan.

    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Literally everyone who's played it considered it to be better than Final Fantasy XIII, Square Enix's flagship JRPG this gen.
    Pfft. Like that's an accomplishment.
    Last edited by Clamps; 19th January 2013 at 10:40 AM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Not saying it was mind-blowing. A lot of the reviews were mixed. But very few said it was "crap". There would be 5 positive reviews for every negative one you find.

    And if you find reviews are meaningless, then where are you getting your people think it's crap outlook? People you know?
    Last edited by Crawley007; 19th January 2013 at 11:05 AM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fluster Cluck, NJ
    Posts
    8,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Yes, because 9/10 "It's okay" scores definitely mean a lot.
    Scores don't mean anything tbh.



    I'll make my voice heard when they decide to not release a game that actually matters outside of its home country. You don't see me starting huge whining campaigns to get Idolm@ster brought outside of Japan, do you?
    I don't see why you're so opposed to people petitioning for games they want. Good ones at that. If people want games and the company makes a profit it's a win/win situation. You're acting like we asked for these games and just decided not to buy them. It's kinda like with Tales of Graces f, Namco was never gonna release it over here until they noticed all the fans wanting it. And it turned out good for both parties. There is nothing wrong with fans "whining" for games they want as long as they keep up their end of the bargain when all is said and done.

    As for starting a campaign for the Idolm@ster, you should get right on that because the Idolm@ster is great game.

    Your point is? Starfy didn't come out in the west until the 4th game, and nobody seemed to care before SSBB. Same with Fire Emblem before Melee.
    So? Everyone gets introduced to new games in different way. You don't have to be fan from the beginning to have a voice.

    If anything, get mad at Nintendo for region locking the console so people can't import the damn game.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I'll make my voice heard when they decide to not release a game that actually matters outside of its home country. You don't see me starting huge whining campaigns to get Idolm@ster brought outside of Japan, do you?
    Who are you to say whether it mattered or not? The fact that Xenoblade had such great scores, as well as it starting the fan campaign, and Nintendo actually taking the 30 seconds to localize it kinda says it mattered. Sorry no one cares about Idolma@ster.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Celadon City, Den of Vice
    Posts
    2,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I'll make my voice heard when they decide to not release a game that actually matters outside of its home country. You don't see me starting huge whining campaigns to get Idolm@ster brought outside of Japan, do you?
    The Last Story is apparently Xseed's best selling game release ever. It may not be a big enough moneymaker for NOA to consider releasing, but it's heads and shoulder above your typical niche JRPG that Xseed localizes. And the niche JRPG's Xseed normally localizes seem to matter a lot more than a game like Idolm@ster which is in an untested genre and a seemingly a big risk even for small publishers. It's not really an apt comparison at all.

    I wasn't exactly enthused by Operation Rainfall back when it started either, but quite honestly it's lead to a pretty win-win situation where players could get the games while Nintendo didn't have to risk much with a potential bomb. What exactly is there to complain about here ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Honestly the OP's attention seeking has really gone into overdrive recently.
    Best Signature Ever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •