Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will the dub production now have to speed up because of x and y?

The dub is going to air in the US with a less than 3 month break when we're going to the breaks that Japan has recently (counting that the dub airs the episode each week with no interruptions). The dub could have a break of like 80 ndays when the XY anime came out. That's less than three months. Not a lot, yeah.

The problem is that we have is that the anime promotes the games. And if the series is released in Japan when the games are released, the series will start just after Christmas. This is bad marketing. The agames need special promotion of the anime isn two dates: At game release and in Christmas time.

The solution that I see is airing the new anime in Japan before the games are released in September. The dub will continue into Episode N, when the games are released they air a sneak peek, continue to Episode N and they air the new anime since Episode 1 in Christmas.

And about VA, this is easy. The dub dubs episode before the anime airs in the original now. I think of a case where Trip's VA is voicing a battle almost 2 months before the episode aired... in Japan. Remember that now, TPCi works closely with Japan to dub the episodes at minimum time possible, sometimes with the episodes recently completed and way months before the episode aired.

And I think that there are like 12 episodes ready to air in Japan with the production completed, specially with TV Tokyo recent breaks. I feel so.

Warning: ignorance.

If they can translate the games before they're released, then can't they do that for the anime too? I'm just talking about localising the anime while the Japanese version is being produced and recorded here, getting TCPi to finish with season 16 and start working on X and Y at the same time as Japan is a separate issue.

It would be very weird to have the games and not have the anime start for another 3 months. Or even weirder, having Team Plasma episodes air when X and Y are out.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    Warning: ignorance.

If they can translate the games before they're released, then can't they do that for the anime too? I'm just talking about localising the anime while the Japanese version is being produced and recorded here, getting TCPi to finish with season 16 and start working on X and Y at the same time as Japan is a separate issue.

It would be very weird to have the games and not have the anime start for another 3 months. Or even weirder, having Team Plasma episodes air when X and Y are out.

They could air the first eps of X and Y as a movie like they did DP and than dub the rest at a pace they can handle. so the USA would get 3 or 4 eps of X and Y as a movie and that they finish off airing seasons 16

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    The dub is going to air in the US with a less than 3 month break when we're going to the breaks that Japan has recently (counting that the dub airs the episode each week with no interruptions). The dub could have a break of like 80 ndays when the XY anime came out. That's less than three months. Not a lot, yeah.

The problem is that we have is that the anime promotes the games. And if the series is released in Japan when the games are released, the series will start just after Christmas. This is bad marketing. The agames need special promotion of the anime isn two dates: At game release and in Christmas time.

Advanced did not air until Novemeber in the states but we got the games in March. Now that was 4Kids and they were behind a lot so that could be why but not sure how that affected the games as much.
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 24th January 2013 at 1:50 PM.

Happy 2014

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post

The solution that I see is airing the new anime in Japan before the games are released in September. The dub will continue into Episode N, when the games are released they air a sneak peek, continue to Episode N and they air the new anime since Episode 1 in Christmas.
    That's along the lines of what I was thinking as well.
    "If Pikachu becomes a Raichu, I might be able to win that badge. On the other hand, to make it evolve just to fight...I would be just like Surge...Pikachu, what do you want to do? I really wanna beat that Surge, but I also don't want to force you to evolve if you'd be happier staying the way you are now." -- OS Ash, ESS

Opinions About:
    1. The Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. The English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment (Seasons 1-8) > The Pokemon Company International (Seasons 9-17)
    3. The Games: XY > BW > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    4. Pokemon: The Origin: Excellent: 94.7/100.
    5. The Movies: OS > AG > XY (Prediction) > DP = BW
    6. Team Rocket: http://ultraericthered.tumblr.com/po...d-off-for-good

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    It would be brilliant if we got another announcement that they are also going to sync the Japanese and Dub episodes too, but yeah I doubt it so we're pretty screwed.
    Yeah I hope for that too, but that's a wish
    I cant think of a way for things too work out perfectly....

My hopes are they finish in unova completely.
    And move onto x and y at the same time as the release date.
    I don't to have played the game and near complete the story and just begin to watch the anime.
    I've no solution ideas only hopes.
    Last edited by adamfitz; 2nd February 2013 at 2:04 PM.
    Credit to FairyWitch
    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

No
    it took a while for the AG episodes to catch up to the US when Ruby & Sapphire released in the U.S

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12