Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie references in the anime

Default Movie references in the anime

So i started a complete unrelated thread and somehow it ended up being a debate on what movies where canon so I made a hole new thread to discuses it.

What movie do you think can be canon with the anime.
    Movie 1 and 2 are talked or foreshadowed about in the anime and rumor has it that 16 will be a part of the anime so that just leaves the rest.

All of them, but if you want the ones with solid confirmation:

Movie 1 - Ties in with the anime.
    Movie 2 - James mentions Lugia.
    Movie 7 - Professors Research in this movie is mentioned in the Deoxy special.
    Movie 10, 11, 12 - Dawn owns the Lunar Wing in the Cresselia/Darkrai episode which she bought in Movie 10 thus making all three movies confirmed.

I also have this strong hunch that that Genesect movie will end up being canon too. :P

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I also have this strong hunch that that Genesect movie will end up being canon too. :P
    Haha I wonder why?

definetly not the scans, corocoro information and movie info telling us so

me to. just this funnny feeling I got

I'm pretty sure all of them are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    I'm pretty sure all of them are.
    this. if some are then stands to reason all are.

Only one I'm not sure about is M14 as there are 2 versions

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Only one I'm not sure about is M14 as there are 2 versions
    I think this was actually intended to be non-canon (the first Pokemon movie to be so) mainly because this is the only movie where having Zekrom and Reshiram in them completely messes up the anime story.

I'm not sure, but I personally choose to believe this.

All of them are canon.

Reshiram was in M14 despite Episode N contradicting it because *mumblemumble*.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I think that movie(s) 14 is definitely not canon simply because there are two versions. Plus, I doubt there exist multiple Reshiram and Zekrom. N has a connection to Reshiram in anime and Ash is implied to have a connection to Zekrom in anime. So yeah.

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post

Movie 2 - James mentions Lugia.
    Movie 10, 11, 12 - Dawn owns the Lunar Wing in the Cresselia/Darkrai episode which she bought in Movie 10 thus making all three movies confirmed.
    Movie 2 - James mentioning Lugia doesn't mean much unless he had mentioned which Lugia he is talking about.
    Movie 7 - Not sure about that. No direct mention whatsoever.
    Movie 10, 11, 12 - She didn't mentioned where she got that. Just because you have Pokeball doesn't mean you visited Pokemart.

I think only first and upcoming movie are canonical. There is more proof of movies not being cannon than movies being cannon.

I think that movie(s) 14 is definitely not canon simply because there are two versions. Plus, I doubt there exist multiple Reshiram and Zekrom. N has a connection to Reshiram in anime and Ash is implied to have a connection to Zekrom in anime. So yeah.
    Exactly what i'm trying to say. Also, in Movie 14 it's told that Zekrom/Reshiram had to be awakened after being in war years ago.

Maybe N got his hands on one of them after the movie?

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Movie 2 - James mentioning Lugia doesn't mean much unless he had mentioned which Lugia he is talking about.
    Movie 7 - Not sure about that. No direct mention whatsoever.
    Movie 10, 11, 12 - She didn't mentioned where she got that. Just because you have Pokeball doesn't mean you visited Pokemart.

I think only first and upcoming movie are canonical. There is more proof of movies not being cannon than movies being cannon.
    James mentions the one from the Orange Islands specifically.

It wasn't a direct mention, but it was a notebook/computer with the events of Movie 7 in it.

Correct, but i think it's very ridiculous to think otherwise.

Fair enough that's you're opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Maybe N got his hands on one of them after the movie?
    Nah, cause Zekrom appeared in BW001 and N probably saw Reshiram long before Movie 14.

Does movie 1 count? He never talked about it in the series, just in the films and specials Movie 8 and Mewtwo special.

Movie 8 for sure, they did a whole arc almost about what happened with that film in the D/P series with the Hunter J episodes.

I think the D/P movies and this new up coming flick sounds like it will.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Does movie 1 count? He never talked about it in the series, just in the films and specials Movie 8 and Mewtwo special.

Movie 8 for sure, they did a whole arc almost about what happened with that film in the D/P series with the Hunter J episodes.

I think the D/P movies and this new up coming flick sounds like it will.
    There were scenes in the anime that makes the 1st movie canon

There were scenes in the anime that makes the 1st movie canon
    Other than the films and specials, can you tell me what episodes? I don't remember this.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Other than the films and specials, can you tell me what episodes? I don't remember this.
    Well 1 I can actually remember was from the episode the Battle of the Badge where Gary battles Giovanni in the Viridian Gym. The other scenes happened around that episode too.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post

Movie 2 - James mentions Lugia. (dub only)
    Correction on movie 2 (it was dub only to my knowledge)

Why does everyone forget Pokemon Heroes (Movie 5). That was the only time Ash ever saw a Latios and during the Sinnoh league match against Tobias, he knew it immediately without dexing it
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Well 1 I can actually remember was from the episode the Battle of the Badge where Gary battles Giovanni in the Viridian Gym. The other scenes happened around that episode too.
    Wasn't that before the events that happened in the film? I guess that counts.

Here you are.

The Battle of the Badge

Showdown at the Po-ké Corral

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Why does everyone forget Pokemon Heroes (Movie 5). That was the only time Ash ever saw a Latios and during the Sinnoh league match against Tobias, he knew it immediately without dexing it
    Actually, I did mention Pokemon Heroes in another thread and the fact that Ash recognized him. And didn't Brock recognize Latias in his special?
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 16th January 2013 at 9:22 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Wasn't that all before the film though?

The Pokemon Movie 1 aired in July 18, 1998 in Japan, while the episodes aired in September 17, 1998 and October 8, 1998 (again, in Japan). Not too much late.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Here you are.

The Battle of the Badge

Showdown at the Po-ké Corral

Actually, I did mention Pokemon Heroes in another thread and the fact that Ash recognized him. And didn't Brock recognize Latias in his special?
    There was also "Mr. Mime Time."

Even if that was the case somehow... all Mewtwo clips from the show were placed into the opening for the movie. To me though, Movie 1 canon canceled itself because of Mewtwo wiping everyone's memories
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast