Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movie references in the anime

Mewtwo made cameos in Episode 63 and Episode 65. The First Movie takes place just after these episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    James mentions the one from the Orange Islands specifically.

It wasn't a direct mention, but it was a notebook/computer with the events of Movie 7 in it.

Correct, but i think it's very ridiculous to think otherwise.

Fair enough that's you're opinion.
    Its not about opinion but proof. There is a difference between indication, possibility and proof. None of the movies except first one has any vocal proof for being cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Correction on movie 2 (it was dub only to my knowledge)

Why does everyone forget Pokemon Heroes (Movie 5). That was the only time Ash ever saw a Latios and during the Sinnoh league match against Tobias, he knew it immediately without dexing it
    Happened with a lot of other Pokemon. He didn't even scanned Kecleon when he first saw it. And not scanning Kecleon is bigger than not scanning Latios cause legendary Pokemon are known among humans more than normal Pokemon from faraway lands.

Even if that was the case somehow... all Mewtwo clips from the show were placed into the opening for the movie. To me though, Movie 1 canon canceled itself because of Mewtwo wiping everyone's memories
    Cannon to us at least.

They're all canon, the writers never acknowledge their existence in the main Anime though.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Its not about opinion but proof. There is a difference between indication, possibility and proof. None of the movies except first one has any vocal proof for being cannon.
    Oh god, I can see you're one of those raging fanboys who has to argue everything to make 'intelligent discussion'.

Fine, fair enough i'm not saying every movie is confirmed canon. But these movies listed below definetly are:

Movie 1 - In the anime.
    Movie 2 - James mentions the Lugia from the Orange Islands.
    Movie 7 - Information in the Deoxys special.
    Movie 16 - Stated to tie in the anime.

The Darkrai movie was canon as Dawn had a Lunar Wing from that movie in the anime but the Dialga and Plakia stories conflict each other a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    The Darkrai movie was canon as Dawn had a Lunar Wing from that movie in the anime but the Dialga and Plakia stories conflict each other a bit.
    The user refuses to believe it is the same Lunar Wing because there is no 'proof'.

Uhh, what about the lucario movie? Ash does use his Aura later in the riolu special right?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Even if that was the case somehow... all Mewtwo clips from the show were placed into the opening for the movie. To me though, Movie 1 canon canceled itself because of Mewtwo wiping everyone's memories
    I thought in the special he tolled them what happened though, am I wrong?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post

Nah, cause Zekrom appeared in BW001 and N probably saw Reshiram long before Movie 14.

Oh yeah, it did.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I think that movie(s) 14 is definitely not canon simply because there are two versions. Plus, I doubt there exist multiple Reshiram and Zekrom. N has a connection to Reshiram in anime and Ash is implied to have a connection to Zekrom in anime. So yeah.
    It's very clearly implied in the movie that these are a different Reshiram and Zekrom. Their backstories are completely different, and nothing that happens in the movie has any connection to their role/story in the games/TV series. There's no problem here.

Correction on movie 2 (it was dub only to my knowledge)
    Correction on your correction: No, it's in the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    The Pokemon Movie 1 aired in July 18, 1998 in Japan, while the episodes aired in September 17, 1998 and October 8, 1998 (again, in Japan). Not too much late.
    These episodes were meant to air in June/July, but since the Porygon incident put the show on a hiatus, all episodes that had currently been written ended up airing 3/4 months later than originally intended.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Uhh, what about the lucario movie? Ash does use his Aura later in the riolu special right?
    Yes.

(also, the implication that not all the movies are canon to the TV series is ridiculous. Half of them have their events brought up in it, and there's absolutely nothing about the others that would indicate they're not meant to have "happened")
    Last edited by Dephender; 16th January 2013 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Correction on your correction: No, it's in the original.
    Oh so it was, I wasn't certain because the only time I saw anything that stated Movie 2 was canon was people talking about it on youtube, where someone made mention that it was dub only. I wasn't aware of watching the original back in that time since I was still only in Elementary School
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Oh so it was, I wasn't certain because the only time I saw anything that stated Movie 2 was canon was people talking about it on youtube, where someone made mention that it was dub only.
    ...and that's how misinformation spreads - people just repeating "what they heard" so other hear it and repeat it for the same reason.

movie 1 : Easy, the mewtwo training appear both in the anime and movie
    movie 2 : When ash see the baby lugia in johto, he mention the lugia he see in orange islands
    movie 7 : i'am not sure if ash and Cie mention the deoxys of larousse city during rangers/deoxys episodes
    For other movies, i have not remembered a reference to them during anime

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    It's very clearly implied in the movie that these are a different Reshiram and Zekrom. Their backstories are completely different, and nothing that happens in the movie has any connection to their role/story in the games/TV series. There's no problem here.
    So wait, you mean that there are two of Zekrom and Reshiram? OK, but then, we'll have to assume that it means that there were two Original Dragons, two pairs of brothers who ruled Unova, two wars that were fought and two Kyurems.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    So wait, you mean that there are two of Zekrom and Reshiram? OK, but then, we'll have to assume that it means that there were two Original Dragons, two pairs of brothers who ruled Unova, two wars that were fought and two Kyurems.
    The second pair of brothers didn't rule Unova, just the Kingdom of the Vale.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12