Thread: rate my old ruby team that was transfered to ss

Hybrid View

Cool rate my old ruby team that was transfered to ss

I know this team sucks but please be nice anyway this team did however believe it or not defeat red and i intend to use it for the battle frontier and not for wifi battles cause i know that this team along with a few other mains would/are gonna need major changes if i ever want to do that

1.wailord(mystic water)
    bashful
    oblivious
    blizzard
    hyper beam
    surf
    waterfall
    I know I know sucky movepool so "sue" me I wasnt exactly a master strategist well techniquely im still not but still.

2.gardevoir(shell bell)
    hasty
    synchronize(i love this ability)
    psychic
    confusion(honestly i dont know why i put this move in there)
    shadow ball
    thunderbolt

3.gyarados(shell bell)
    relaxed
    intimidate
    bite(dont worry i plan to get rid of this)
    hydro pump
    hyper beam(like i said before i wasnt/still arent a master strategist especially back then)
    waterfall
    not gonna lie gyarados is one of my favorite pokemon i use it in teams quite often.

4.skarmory(sharp beak)
    quiet
    keen eye
    swift
    steel wing
    fly
    rock smash
    I am going to say this politely about my skarmory i need to improve like there is no tommorrow.

5.aggron (quick claw)
    impish
    rock head
    double edge
    earthquake
    iron tail
    flamethrower
    aggron is sadly my most diverse trooper here. im actually quite happy with it its just that flamethrower attack thats the problem in my opinion.

6.blaziken(leftovers)
    rash
    blaze
    sky uppercut(this move is fun in my opinion)
    blaze kick
    fire blast
    rock climb
    yep this team was fun making although i dont intend to use for wifi battles i would like to see how many ways it can improve i already know there are a few million ways it can be improved i just want to get your opinions and just to be humorous go ahead if it helps you think to figure out ways to improve this team if it were to be used in wifi battles.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Well i don't have time to go through all this right now since i'm at work, but some advice.. Look up each of your pokemon and find their base stats, if attack is higher, you want to use mostly physical attacks, and vice versa for special attacks. Also, 99% of the time you don't want moves with identical coverae, or two moves of the same type on one pokemon, IE. Surf/waterfall, psychic/confusion, hydro pump/waterfall, etc. swap one of them (the weaker one, or the one that doesn't match your pokemon's stats) for a different type. I'll come back and help more later.

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi;15595875
    1.wailord([B
    Leftovers[/B])
    bashful
    oblivious
    Ice Beam
    Toxic
    surf
    Water Spout

2.gardevoir(Life Orb)
    hasty
    synchronize
    psychic
    Wish
    shadow ball
    thunderbolt

3.gyarados(Leftovers)
    relaxed
    intimidate
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    waterfall

4.skarmory(Leftovers)
    quiet
    keen eye
    Roost
    steel wing
    fly/Aerial Ace
    Rock Slide

Quiet is so bad... And Brave Bird would've been great too.

5.aggron (Leftovers)
    impish
    rock head
    double edge
    earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Aerial Ace (to stop the Fighting-types)

Head Smash would've been awesome, but yeah...

6.blaziken(Life Orb)
    rash
    blaze
    fire blast
    Stone Edge
    ThunderPunch

It's Special Attack is higher than it's Attack without EV's :P
    Changes are in Bold.
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

good ol leftovers and life orbs lol. Oh and looks like he used EQ tm on Aggron, so Unless he's BP farming, I would say maybe Ice fang on Gyarados for coverage and Rock Slide on whichever poke doesn't get Stone Edge.
    Last edited by CMHennigan; 17th January 2013 at 8:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMHennigan View Post
    good ol leftovers and life orbs lol. Oh and looks like he used EQ tm on Aggron, so Unless he's BP farming, I would say maybe Ice fang on Gyarados for coverage and Rock Slide on whichever poke doesn't get Stone Edge.
    not quite i taught aggron earthquake back when he was still in ruby version although your right about one thing i am gonna have to bp to get an earthquake tm due to the fact i already taught it to a pokemon and yes im willing to do it at the cost of my sanity.
    so any other advice ladies and gentlemen?
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    1.wailord(mystic water)
    bashful
    oblivious
    blizzard
    hyper beam
    surf
    waterfall
    I know I know sucky movepool so "sue" me I wasnt exactly a master strategist well techniquely im still not but still.
    A new moveset for this Wailord: Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, Rest.

2.gardevoir(shell bell)
    hasty
    synchronize(i love this ability)
    psychic
    confusion(honestly i dont know why i put this move in there)
    shadow ball
    thunderbolt
    Replace Confusion with Wish, Light Screen or Reflect.

3.gyarados(shell bell)
    relaxed
    intimidate
    bite(dont worry i plan to get rid of this)
    hydro pump
    hyper beam(like i said before i wasnt/still arent a master strategist especially back then)
    waterfall
    not gonna lie gyarados is one of my favorite pokemon i use it in teams quite often.
    New moveset for Gyarados: Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Giga Impact, Aqua Tail or Waterfall. I don't recommed Stone Edge because of its accuracy. Giga Impact replaces Hyper Beam without altering your previous strategy.

4.skarmory(sharp beak)
    quiet
    keen eye
    swift
    steel wing
    fly
    rock smash
    I am going to say this politely about my skarmory i need to improve like there is no tommorrow.
    Quiet raises Special Attack, you have no special moves, then you should substitute Skarmory for another with a better nature. If you keep it, then you could try Flash Cannon and Dark Pulse, but I don't recommed. You should replace Swift and Rock Smash with Roost and Rock Slide/Night Slash.

5.aggron (quick claw)
    impish
    rock head
    double edge
    earthquake
    iron tail
    flamethrower
    aggron is sadly my most diverse trooper here. im actually quite happy with it its just that flamethrower attack thats the problem in my opinion.
    Replace Iron Tail with Stone Edge or Rock Slide, and Flamethrower with Aerial Ace.

6.blaziken(leftovers)
    rash
    blaze
    blaze kick
    fire blast
    rock climb
    yep this team was fun making although i dont intend to use for wifi battles i would like to see how many ways it can improve i already know there are a few million ways it can be improved i just want to get your opinions and just to be humorous go ahead if it helps you think to figure out ways to improve this team if it were to be used in wifi battles.
    I recommend replace Fire Blast with Swords Dance. You could replace Rock Climb with Stone Edge, but it lacks accuracy, then you could replace it with ThunderPunch instead.

eh, I would say Nay on Giga Impact OR Hyper Beam on gyarados, as gyarados can't afford to be resting a turn. Also, Iron Tail on Aggron isn't a bad move, especially if you're replacing flamethrower, as it's Stab, base 100 damage, and off a base 110 Attack, will be monstrous. Head Smash really would be the way to go, but requires rebreeding. If you're worried about the accuracy of Iron Tail, i would go with Thunder Punch. Or run both.
    Something like
    -Thunder Punch
    -Iron Tail/Fire Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    I wouldn't worry about Aerial Ace so much, as a STAB Iron Tail (100X1.5=150) will do more base damage than a SE Aerial Ace (60 X 2 = 120), and since odds are you're going to be outspeeded anyway, your best bet is to switch out on a fighting type to begin with, and switch to skarmory/gyarados.