Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: The Kid Icarus club!

Has anyone had it where in Together mode, when you respawn, some of your powers have less number of uses than they usually do? It happens to me a lot. Is that normal, and why does it do that? BTW, I'm writing from my 3DS
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1063-1800
    KI: U name: Alex

Quote Originally Posted by onplanetnowhere View Post
    Has anyone had it where in Together mode, when you respawn, some of your powers have less number of uses than they usually do? It happens to me a lot. Is that normal, and why does it do that? BTW, I'm writing from my 3DS
    That's normal. The powers don't always fully regenerate and that depends on weapon value. If you weapon has high value, you will get more powers back than with a low weapon value. Only exception is Trade-Off, which never returns once you've used it.
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

It is March 31st, and today is the last weapon gem delivery! We will be sad to see you leaving now. Let us have a toast to what this fine service has given us over the year. (though I was hoping for some epic final gem...)

So long and thanks for all the gems!
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1063-1800
    KI: U name: Alex

Yeah, it's a shame they didn't give out something epic as the last gem. Would've been a nice parting gift. Although we never got any good gems to begin with, so can't really expect them to give out anything super... a 100v weapon would've been even better than anything random >_<

Aww, that's a shame...

Anyone have any tips for the lightning chariot part in place of the flying portion for chapter 20(?)? It's the hardest part of the level. I'm pretty sure I can do anthing that isn't that part.

I'm using:
    Stealth Claws
    4.5 range, 4 melee
    paralysis +1
    Shot range +3
    FD ch. +1
    Standing cont. fire +2
    Full-Health boost +5
    OD -4

With Energy charge x3, Trade Off for the boss, Double Item x1 in case I need full health, and Crisis recovery x3.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    Aww, that's a shame...

Anyone have any tips for the lightning chariot part in place of the flying portion for chapter 20(?)? It's the hardest part of the level. I'm pretty sure I can do anthing that isn't that part.

I'm using:
    Stealth Claws
    4.5 range, 4 melee
    paralysis +1
    Shot range +3
    FD ch. +1
    Standing cont. fire +2
    Full-Health boost +5
    OD -4

With Energy charge x3, Trade Off for the boss, Double Item x1 in case I need full health, and Crisis recovery x3.
    I used to have problems with it too. All I can really say is keep practicing the level and learn all of the enemies movements and patterns. The fact that you have a SCF mod should make things a little easier, but if you arent a good dodger, I recommend you use something without OD-4.

I just practiced then flying portion and now I'm able to beat it on 9.0 with this:
    Midnight Palm
    3 Range 0 Melee
    Shot Range +2
    Dash Charge Shot +4
    Standing Cont. Fire +4
    Full Health Boost +5
    Overall Defense -4
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Does anyone here play Kid Icarus on a 3DS XL? I might just get a new 3DS and wondering whether an XL is worth the extra money.

How much extra money?

What's the best way to use a DCS Leo Cannon? I'm bad with it. =/

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar

I support Fly High Forums. Check it out.
        Spoiler:

How can you be bad with a Me Cannon? All you have to do is spam my DCS all day. My damage output sucks though, which is prolly why you're bad when using me. Sorry about that. BUT! My burning status racks up lots of damage and my BDCS has good homing. Use my BDCS so I dont look bad out there.

If you didnt understand that, Sol, then shame on you.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Leo, what's your astrological sign?

Dat's what I thought, BDCS all day erry day, but I wasn't sure.
    "It's like a mini Predator Cannon" ~SWD

If I didn't get something then I prolly wouldn't know I didn't, so how am I goin' to reply to that?

Okay, you can shame me for using this: Pred(ator) Cannon, [insert value here], 3R.
    DCS SR SH StatusR -2.
    Prolly needs higher ranged stars bus it's still niceactually no it's evil.
    Last edited by Top Skuttler; 8th April 2013 at 6:38 PM. Reason: DO I NEED A REASON!? D':

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Solpoke View Post
    How much extra money?

What's the best way to use a DCS Leo Cannon? I'm bad with it. =/
    I think the difference is 50 CHF, which is quite a significant amount for me, because it's about as much as a new 3DS game.

That sounds pretty cheap to me, if you're saying you could buy a new 3ds for the price of a game...

Sounds worth it. Do any of your friends own XLs?
    Nah Poix, she's saying (or at least this is my interpretation) that it would cost about a game's worth extra. Still sounds cheap though.

Spoiler:

That sounds pretty cheap to me, if you're saying you could buy a new 3ds for the price of a game...
    Haha, I wish xD

Sounds worth it. Do any of your friends own XLs?
    Nah Poix, she's saying (or at least this is my interpretation) that it would cost about a game's worth extra. Still sounds cheap though.
    None of my friends own an XL, they have regular 3DSes so I can't check it out myself. I had a thought that I'd just get one to try and then see whether I like it or not.
    And you are right Sol, I meant that the game price is the difference between the price of a second hand regular and XL, the regular one costs 120-150 CHF iirc and the XL costs 50 CHF more.

Okay guys, it seems I no longer have KI:U since it was lost outside and I can't find it (along with my 3DS) and therefore I won't be posting in this thread. Bye (in less I just put it in my room lol). But dat's unlikely. :1

Spoiler:

Hey guy I haven't posted in a while, see ya sole, u where a good aponent
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

Do you think nintendo should have an update called 3ds locater and it operates off of the internet, anyway it would have a raidius of 3 city blocks it could find 3ds what ever coulour your 3ds is the colour would show as that colour dot. For example my 3ds is red it would show up as a red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by shadownite View Post
    Hey guy I haven't posted in a while, see ya sole, u where a good aponent
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

Do you think nintendo should have an update called 3ds locater and it operates off of the internet, anyway it would have a raidius of 3 city blocks it could find 3ds what ever coulour your 3ds is the colour would show as that colour dot. For example my 3ds is red it would show up as a red dot.
    Err, it's Sol. But thanks. ^^

Might stay and spread my... ahem, *coughs* wisdom. I don't need KIU to be part of this club do I? Actually I probably do. Hmm...

Actually that's a good idea. But then again most people probably aren't as careless with their 3DSes as I. o.o
    Last edited by Top Skuttler; 29th April 2013 at 7:00 PM.

Spoiler:

*Sadface* D:

If this club is still going on, I would like to say I am open for battle if anyone wants to battle... and, and, AND... I still need to get an Aquarius blade...
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein. I'm going to be restarting Y version after getting 10 shinies, so far it's 2/10 shinies, cause Wonder trade was a loving option two nights ago....

Quote Originally Posted by Cobali View Post
    *Sadface* D:

If this club is still going on, I would like to say I am open for battle if anyone wants to battle... and, and, AND... I still need to get an Aquarius blade...
    You completed all the chapters yet?

Spoiler:

Err, it's Sol. But thanks. ^^

Might stay and spread my... ahem, *coughs* wisdom. I don't need KIU to be part of this club do I? Actually I probably do. Hmm...
    You need to be faithful to Lady Palutena, that's all :3

Actually that's a good idea. But then again most people probably aren't as careless with their 3DSes as I. o.o
    Well, uhh... err.... Don't look at me like that!

ON a side note. recently, I've been completing chapters with this weapon on 9.0:
    Skyscraper Club R:6 M:0 OD+8 Speed-4
    Takes ages to complete a chapter, but it's challenging. I even made it through Chapter 9 with a similar Skyscraper (less offense and more junk mods but more speed).

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    On a side note. recently, I've been completing chapters with this weapon on 9.0:
    Skyscraper Club R:6 M:0 OD+8 Speed-4
    Takes ages to complete a chapter, but it's challenging. I even made it through Chapter 9 with a similar Skyscraper (less offense and more junk mods but more speed).
    Now try using a 100 value weapon with no powers, I tried this with Boss Battles on easy a long time ago with a Needle Palm, it took a little over 30 minutes to beat and I was wondering if I could make it doing the last several battles, and I did.

I've been very sparsely off and on, then the last several days actively working on my Dash Charge Shot Sniping, I'm getting better at it.

This is what I've been using so far and like.

Spoiler:- My Staffs:

My favorite Staff right now is the Insight Staff, I tend to be a bit more accurate with it than the other two for some reason. I do have a Scorpio Staff, but I have real bad aim with it for some reason, even though most Staffs play the same for being dead on for aiming, I also have a Rose Staff, but the Charge Shots are too slow for me to hit anyone with for no homing. Other Staffs I want to try 10 Star DCS damage for are the Orb, and Knuckle Staff.

I have a dream Staff I want to make, but lately playing the game, I just want results faster than gem swapping can provide bothers me, and it seems like a hassle waiting these days.

Spoiler:- Dream Staff:

I wanted to have Petraication +1 added to this, but Insight Staff can't Petrify with a Melee Combo, but the Dark Pit Staff can in one go, so that is the other thing I want to make. Running Speed and Stamina both help patch up the somewhat slow movement, and the low stamina, and the Flintlock Staff from above shows it helps a lot from being an easy kill, though sometimes I need to become the team angel for a much needed weapon change if I'm doing bad.

Quote Originally Posted by XD Mewtwo View Post
    Now try using a 100 value weapon with no powers, I tried this with Boss Battles on easy a long time ago with a Needle Palm, it took a little over 30 minutes to beat and I was wondering if I could make it doing the last several battles, and I did.
    Oooh, interesting idea, I'll take a note of that. I'm planning to play chapters on 9.0 with a 100v weapon and powers too.

I've been very sparsely off and on, then the last several days actively working on my Dash Charge Shot Sniping, I'm getting better at it.

This is what I've been using so far and like.

Spoiler:- My Staffs:

My favorite Staff right now is the Insight Staff, I tend to be a bit more accurate with it than the other two for some reason. I do have a Scorpio Staff, but I have real bad aim with it for some reason, even though most Staffs play the same for being dead on for aiming, I also have a Rose Staff, but the Charge Shots are too slow for me to hit anyone with for no homing. Other Staffs I want to try 10 Star DCS damage for are the Orb, and Knuckle Staff.
    Hmm, you want to DCS snipe with a Dark Pit Staff? That works, but its main asset is actually the DCF. Here's my DPS:
    Ranged: 5.5
    Melee:0
    Value: 276
    Shot range +3
    Forward-dash ch. shot +4
    Dash cont. fire +4
    In-peril attack boost -4
    The build focuses on DCF as main form of attacking, but if I have an opportunity then I can also snipe with FDCS.

I have a dream Staff I want to make, but lately playing the game, I just want results faster than gem swapping can provide bothers me, and it seems like a hassle waiting these days.

What wonders me is why do you like the Insight Staff so much, to me it seems like an inferior Flintlock

Spoiler:- Dream Staff:

I wanted to have Petraication +1 added to this, but Insight Staff can't Petrify with a Melee Combo, but the Dark Pit Staff can in one go, so that is the other thing I want to make. Running Speed and Stamina both help patch up the somewhat slow movement, and the low stamina, and the Flintlock Staff from above shows it helps a lot from being an easy kill, though sometimes I need to become the team angel for a much needed weapon change if I'm doing bad.
    Interesting build, but I would personally not add any extra movement speed :P I have a similar build on a Flintlock Staff that's made for Boss Battles on Hard:
    R: 4.5
    M: 0
    Value: 281
    Stamina +4
    Evasion +4
    Dash ch. shot +4
    Heart bonus -1

When I use this in Multiplayer, then I usually don't need to move around a lot and simply snipe from whatever position I am currently in and use Warp/Super Speed to relocate.

If you want another great staff set, check out this one I made (Yes, another Flintlock Staff):
    Ranged: 6
    Melee:0
    Value: 280
    Overall defense +2
    Walking speed +4
    Standing ch. shot +4
    In-peril autododge +3
    Melee combo -2

This one takes advantage of Flintlocks strongest attacks, 10 star SCS kills anything:3. To be frank, the WS is kinda unnecessary from my experience, but this was a random lucky fuse.

And this one is my current favourite close quarters staff:
    Lancer Staff
    R: 4.5
    M: 0
    Value: 299
    Health +6
    Evasion +4
    Forward-dash ch. shot +4
    Heart bonus -1

Started out as a weapon for Boss Battles, but I've been using this in LvsD very successfully

And this concludes my staves show-off

What does 10 Star SCS mean? 6 range stars + 4 SCS stars?

What does 10 Star SCS mean? 6 range stars + 4 SCS stars?
    Exactly that! For lower stars there are more combinations :-)

Been so long since I posted here. Welcome back to the KIU scene, Esch <3. And hello to you, Neo.

No new weps for me, only more and more accumulating fodder. Guess I can show my future weps to be :P.

Soon to be Viridi Palm:
    3.5/0 (Hoping for this. Might be able to do 4/0)
    SR3
    Eva4
    DCF3
    ED4
    MC-2

Soon to be Needle Palm:
    3.5/0
    SR3
    SH2
    Weakening4
    DCF3
    Running Speed4
    IPAB-4

Those 2 among others. In a DCF mood at the moment :P.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast