Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: The Kid Icarus club!

Leo, I've been following the KI:U scene ever since the game came out, but I have been playing more now that my 3DS is fixed :3 Those weps look pretty cool, even though I will curse you when I ever have to face them, lol. I've also been in a DCF mood but I am setting up different modsets on my weapons.
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

Should of gotten to this sooner, but didn't really care or know much about staffs til now.

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    Hmm, you want to DCS snipe with a Dark Pit Staff? That works, but its main asset is actually the DCF. Here's my DPS:
    Ranged: 5.5
    Melee:0
    Value: 276
    Shot range +3
    Forward-dash ch. shot +4
    Dash cont. fire +4
    In-peril attack boost -4
    The build focuses on DCF as main form of attacking, but if I have an opportunity then I can also snipe with FDCS.

What wonders me is why do you like the Insight Staff so much, to me it seems like an inferior Flintlock
    I actually made a Dark Pit Staff a bit ago and the DCF is surprisingly very strong, though it loses points for the DCF knocking people into the air after all the hits. I tried something I had a hunch on and was right about the DCF, with a little "something", the DCF is about as cheap as you can get to be without a one hit kill, its really stupid with that little "something", its likely to get people in Light vs Dark to rage on the other team, though it can be fixed with the right power use.

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    What wonders me is why do you like the Insight Staff so much, to me it seems like an inferior Flintlock.
    One thing the Insight Staff can do that the Flintlock Staff has a very hard time doing is hitting with the DCF, the Insight Staff has good enough homing for the DCF that you hit people with it, its like the Dark Pit Staff's, except weaker, and a bit slower, but has a much long range. Several times I leave something with a tiny bit of health left, the DCF will get that last hit in while their down, and the SCF is there too and a bit useful.

Staffs that have useable SCF and DCF with homing are Insight, Orb, Scorpio, Lancer, and Dark Pit Staff. The Somewhat Staff I'm not sure about the homing at the moment, and The Laser Staff's DCF is strong and very fast, but has no homing, which making hitting with it hard. The Lancer Staff's SCF and DCF are slow which can make hitting people hard, haven't tried one yet, and not with Homing Boost.

The Insight Staff's SCF and DCF have good enough range you may not need Shot Range, but I would try for more homing, I'll be getting a 10 Star SCF and DCF one later in the day, but it comes with Shot Range +3 and not Shot Homing +3 so I need to make some more weapons to get the right one, but I'll get to see the 10 Star damage and see what the SR+3 range extension is for both.

Scorpio Staff, the DCF would be better than the SCF, I think the SCF +4 is not needed and SCF should not be the focus for a Scorpio Staff, DCF and more homing should give an extra thing you can do with the Scorpio Staff. The Orb Staff, I haven't broken into looking into it really yet, it seems there is some promise for SCF and DCF, but it'll be a few days before I know, I got to check If can even make one.

I'll be back in mid-June with a new 3DS and a new KIU game. See ya.

20 SP
    Previously Solpoke
    Currently awesome

Spoiler:

Oh goody! I can't wait! Are you getting an XL this time?

I played a few games last night and won most of them c: Scorpio staff is just so hard to aim, though...

No, the only difference this time is that it's red. Looks badass in red. :P

I'm getting a second hand KIU so if I'm lucky it might have some good fodder, but that seems unlikely.

We could call this club KIC for short. :-?
    Last edited by Top Skuttler; 29th May 2013 at 11:04 AM.

20 SP
    Previously Solpoke
    Currently awesome

Spoiler:

So I made this

Spoiler:- GURREN LAGGAN SPOILERS:
    Last edited by hawkeye721; 30th May 2013 at 9:30 PM.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

I read that in all their voices, and it totally fits. Especially Palutena.

Awesome Jon.

I need to dodge something. >:[

How rusty do you think one can get in two months?? :/

20 SP
    Previously Solpoke
    Currently awesome

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Solpoke View Post
    Awesome Jon.

I need to dodge something. >:[

How rusty do you think one can get in two months?? :/
    Look at what happened to me.

Though I picked it up yesterday and dominated with my new drill arm, it's what inspired me to make the image
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

You mean, when you stop playing KIU you get a awesome signature??? :O

Drill Arm's Mods?

20 SP
    Previously Solpoke
    Currently awesome

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Solpoke View Post
    You mean, when you stop playing KIU you get a awesome signature??? :O

Drill Arm's Mods?
    Yeah, my signature is awesome.

Overal defense +5
    standing charged shot +1
    effect durtion +3
    Knockback recover+1
    In perilo atododge +1

So I revisited the Aurum Bow and decided to work on completing an idea I had for one a long, long time ago.

Aurum Bow
    Ranged: 6 Stars
    Value: 284
    Shot Range +3
    Shot Homing +3
    Walking Speed +4
    Standing Cont Fire +4
    In Peril Attack Boost -4

In my attempt to get my game to make a weapon with all these modifiers, the first one I finally get all these on was a 5 Star version Aurum Bow, so I got a trial version now. I had refined the art of the Standing Cont Fire trick for Bows in nearby since I my internet was out for a week thanks to a dead modem. Since the Aurum Bow has the second fastest walking speed, Walking Speed +4 works great for it, I can now just walk everywhere now with no running, even more fun if I find Speed Boots.

For how well this works in Light vs Dark, I'm not sure, but I know that 10 Star damage with no other boosts is not really team carrying power, really needs the other two players on your team playing and not dieing to do well. The long range and homing makes it great for hitting far away, and hitting in places other weapons can't without slipshot. The homing is really meh for me, which I call loose homing, but the infinite stream of shots makes up for it. I hadn't tried it in Free for All yet, but it should do well from what I know so far.

Guys tuesday morning, I'm gonna need all of you to pick a god and pray for sakurai to reveal that he's making a kid icarus uprising sequel after he's finished with smash bros. That or retro's secret game is a wii u kid icarus.

Didn't they already say they weren't going to make a sequel? I hope they do though

Sakurai said he won't, but he wouldn't mind if another studio wanted to make one he wouldn't mind.

Oh, so it wouldn't be the same studio. That means it'll either be worse or better (right?)

Anybody wanna play KIU with mai?? 1779 0276 3093.

20 SP
    Previously Solpoke
    Currently awesome

Spoiler:

Pshya, I haven't played in a while. I'll be on. 4940-5680-6893

I bet I'm a little bit more rusty xD

My touch screen is screwy and calibrating it doesn't seem to work. =S
    And I don't have an SD card, so no Swapnote.

20 SP
    Previously Solpoke
    Currently awesome

Spoiler:

So something very weird just happened, I placed a Circle Trap down, then used Playing Dead since someone was near me and I was near dead. I waited and they got caught in the trap, I Melee d them and Playing Dead didn't wear off, so I Melee d them til they died with a Zero Star Samurai Blade, wasn't til the last hit they clashed with me and I won. The only thing I can think of for this is I was exactly at melee range for attacking so I didn't move to get closer when I Melee d them.

Hey everybody, I might hosting a LvD battle party if anyone else wants to join in, does anyone? I sent a swapnote out, it would if you RSVPed.

I'll join if I get the internet on my 3DS in time..
    Got a weapon with MDA+4, MC+4, SR -4 and 6 M but it's a Pudgy Palm. :/
    It won't fuse in to anything good >.<

Oh yeah, and I got an SD card.
    Last edited by Top Skuttler; 14th June 2013 at 6:56 PM.

20 SP
    Previously Solpoke
    Currently awesome

Spoiler:

Sure, I'll play. I have an infantry of new weps to use. Though my skill has sorta decreased.

Jon and Sol on teams I guess. I'll just join the team of the next person to say they want to play. Doesn't matter if Light or Dark.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

I fused something that I might use:

Laser Staff 5.5/0
    Standing Ch. Shot +4
    Two small, nearly useless mods, but one is confusion +1

I've only used it once in multiplayer, but I got second place. I did get 6 kills though. It works wonders in Windy Wasteland.

Sounds nice, but needs walking speed4. Mebe sr2??

I'll join the big battle, but all my weapons are half-good, and I don't have all the powers. Like, half... =l

20 SP
    Previously Solpoke
    Currently awesome

Spoiler:

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast