Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iron Man 3

Default Iron Man 3

Has anyone seen it?
    What are your thoughts on it?

I have noticed almost black and white reviews. Some say it was completely horrible (I agree) and others say it was fantastic. I have yet to see anyone say it was "just okay."

So, if you saw it and liked it? Why? If not, why?
    Any comic book fans like me that have a positive opinion on it?
    Yeah, Pokémon's cool.

I haven't seen it yet. I plan to watch it after this weekend though.

I'm going to see it, but I couldn't really figure out a solid plot from the teasers and the trailer. The movie is about 2 hours or so, so I'll speculate it's going to bore me with important plot information before the action scenes.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

It is pretty good, though it has copied The Dark Knight Rises in some areas.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Best Iron Man ever IMO.

My only complaint with the film was The Mandarin being a complete joke.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightFalls View Post
    It is pretty good, though it has copied The Dark Knight Rises in some areas.
    How? TDKR is about a terrorist giving a city 'back to the people' and basically taking over it. IM3 is about a conflicted superhero facing his past and personal demons. Not much similarity. Your username has more in common with TDKR than IM3 does.

Back on topic, I liked it. RDJ as usual was the star of the show, but I felt Rhodey in particular improved a lot from last time. Pearce and Kingsley both did great, although I would have preferred that the Mandarin was a more serious villain with more screentime.

~Deadly
    Shoot Confirmed.

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka / gif by a friend

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly.Braviary View Post
    How? TDKR is about a terrorist giving a city 'back to the people' and basically taking over it. IM3 is about a conflicted superhero facing his past and personal demons. Not much similarity. Your username has more in common with TDKR than IM3 does.

Back on topic, I liked it. RDJ as usual was the star of the show, but I felt Rhodey in particular improved a lot from last time. Pearce and Kingsley both did great, although I would have preferred that the Mandarin was a more serious villain with more screentime.

~Deadly
    To be fair, TDKR also has themes of a conflicted superhero facing his past and personal demons while IM3 has a lot to do with terrorism. So, there are similarities. I wouldn't say they're even close to identical but I can see similar themes.

There was just too much that they did that they shouldn't have done:
    -The Mandarin
    -Fire breathing Killian
    -The Iron Man armors being as fragile as glass
    -The "Clean Slate" thing
    -The pacing was awful
    -The Rose Hill, TN scene was almost completely pointless
    -Killian's henchman kidnapping the President
    -Extremis
    -Tony made several armors for specific world-saving purposes and wasn't prepared for a terrorist attack that he knew was coming
    -Getting the shrapnel removed from his chest
    -The post-credits scene should have been more like the IM2 post-credits scene hinting at Thor, not a random psych doctor scene with Banner

Overall, I really didn't like the movie.
    Yeah, Pokémon's cool.

While I don't mind superhero movies, I don't care for Iron Man and I never saw the other two, so I'm not going to see the movie whether people like it or hate it. Interestingly, however, my mom wants to go see this particular one even though she didn't care for the previous two movies. I'm not entirely sure why, I was kinda afraid to ask when she mentioned it out loud she would like to see this movie. I've heard the movie was successful overseas on the opening weekends, and it looks like it met its budget and is going to keep climbing. I just wonder if this will be the final Iron Man movie for now, or if there's going to be another one within a couple of years. Considering Hollywood's love for how superhero movies always rake in the big bucks, unless the story's over with, chances are another Iron Man will be in the works.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I enjoyed the first Iron Man and the second Iron Man. I look forward to seeing the third Iron Man.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 4th May 2013 at 6:10 PM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Dying to see it, likely will next week.

Hoping it is as good as 1 and better than 2.

I saw it last week. It was a good film, not brilliant but not bad either. I'd say it was better than the first and second one but it was still missing something, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    While I don't mind superhero movies, I don't care for Iron Man and I never saw the other two, so I'm not going to see the movie whether people like it or hate it. Interestingly, however, my mom wants to go see this particular one even though she didn't care for the previous two movies. I'm not entirely sure why, I was kinda afraid to ask when she mentioned it out loud she would like to see this movie. I've heard the movie was successful overseas on the opening weekends, and it looks like it met its budget and is going to keep climbing. I just wonder if this will be the final Iron Man movie for now, or if there's going to be another one within a couple of years. Considering Hollywood's love for how superhero movies always rake in the big bucks, unless the story's over with, chances are another Iron Man will be in the works.
    Considering how this one ended, I think they are done with Iron Man

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Don't underestimate Hollywood. Even if this storyline's finished, they'll always come up with another one. They have a lot of source material they could adapt to the big screen, and a lot of fans who'll shell out cash to see the movie. So I don't see Iron Man ending/going on hiatus for a while.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I like the film quite a bit: though the armours being destroyed too easily was a tad irksome.

There were one or two plot points my friends and I came up with (I'd like to hear your input):
    The mysterious rope Tony used to haul the armour in the snow: where did it come from?
    Tony magically appearing at Mandarin's house when he was many many miles away.
    At the moment of clean slate, Pepper was wearing an arm of the suit: why didn't she explode?
    How did Pepper's clothes survive the fire? (Yeah yeah yeah, I get it, no nudity in a 12...).
    Iron Patriot *cough* being taken out the second the fire woman touched his wrists (and somehow stays deactivated).

Overall, albeit the few mistakes and plot holes, I really enjoyed this installment: I'd say this is the best yet. Why? Because it was so unpredictable: there was no way I knew what was coming, and that was fun. The fact it revolved less around conquering a single baddie and more about finding peace was a good spin. I also appreciated the tie-in with Avengers (though I felt almost rick-rolled by the post-credit scene, even if it was bit of a laugh).
    Every story has an ending. Nothing lasts forever. Not any more.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

Spoiler:- Thanks to DeadlyBraviary!:

Iron Man isn't "done" any more than, say, James Bond is.

Downey, Jr. will almost certainly be back for The Avengers 2 (and I'd wager a shekel or two that we can count on at least one cameo from him somewhere else in Phase 2) and beyond that, if he feels he's done, they'll recast the role and move on.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Iron Man isn't "done" any more than, say, James Bond is.

Downey, Jr. will almost certainly be back for The Avengers 2 (and I'd wager a shekel or two that we can count on at least one cameo from him somewhere else in Phase 2) and beyond that, if he feels he's done, they'll recast the role and move on.
    So how does he power the suit without the arc power source since he removed the one from his heart? Just have an external one not tied to him I guess?

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

They totally destroyed the image of mandarain in the film (but I could never hate you Trevor you hilarious dude!) I like the plot, it was interesting about all the "lessons". And the jokes were pretty funny. It was "okay". But more on the good side.
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

A very, very special credit to Rayce for giving me a timid thunderus ( the milos island one too.) after seeking it for half a year. He really did bend over backwards to get it to me, and I'm very grateful for that.

BARRELS! >:-(
    Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...or-Swift-Club)

This is mine and liz azzimagicas taylor swift fan club!

If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Me,Liz azzimagica,doodlebug and dr ciel are the taylor swift fans of serebii!
    4857 4427 2582: FC for white 2

So how does he power the suit without the arc power source since he removed the one from his heart? Just have an external one not tied to him I guess?
    He hasn't needed the arc reactor since IM1. If you watched the movie (assuming you did since you said that), you would notice that Pepper, Rhodey, and Killian's henchman all used a suit without having the arc reactor in their chest as a power source. Also, there was the whole fleet of suits that had no pilot so it is clear that Tony's chest reactor is obsolete when regarding the suits. The suits now all run on a separate power battery located in the thigh area of the suits (not mentioned in the movie, just something I know from the comics). So, if they wanted to continue Iron Man, which I just about guarantee you they will, Tony can just create a suit(s) similar to the more modern ones.
    Yeah, Pokémon's cool.

I liked the drama n the jokes, they make the movie lively. Think that what makes IM3 slightly better than the last two... but the interaction between Pepper n Tony was kinda bland imo. There are more actions n the effects are better too.
    The ending is kinda let down a bit but all in all I still could enjoy it.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    I liked the drama n the jokes, they make the movie lively. Think that what makes IM3 slightly better than the last two... but the interaction between Pepper n Tony was kinda bland imo. There are more actions n the effects are better too.
    The ending is kinda let down a bit but all in all I still could enjoy it.
    I think my overall dissatisfaction lies within my love for the comics. I probably would have really enjoyed the movie had it not been associated with Iron Man. If it was just a movie about a guy who could remotely control weaponized battle suits that went through the same events of the movie, I would have considered it a cool popcorn flick. But that wasn't the case. Marvel told me they would be giving me Iron Man vs the Mandarin. What they gave me was Tony Stark and his army of pilotless drones vs a fire-breathing psycho and his actor friend.
    Yeah, Pokémon's cool.

What they did with the Mandarin was actually fantastic. It made the film to be honest. And this is coming from someone who loves the comic book version of the Mandarin. The story of the film works best as a film and within the MCU rather than the 616 universe or the comic book medium.

Also loved that Tony Stark's house number is the same number as the MCU's universe code, and that was the least of the little background jokes. Stan Lee's cameo was good as always too, and the film had a good sense of tone, keeping more between The Amazing Spider-Man and The Avengers rather than TDKR.

Also Shane Black directed this, I am officially back on board with the whole Death Note US remake now.
    Last edited by Mr Dragon; 5th May 2013 at 9:36 PM.

This movie highlighted a lot of important things. One of the best things is showing Stark is more dangerous without his armors. Sure he did use his armors to take out super baddies but he had to McGuyver it up in a lot of the movie. The real Mandarin was just fine too. Sleezy bussiness man who karate chops tony out of his armor. That's basically his thing.
    Even the kid was perfectly used and didn't slow the movie down at all. I liked the Lethal Weapon vibe this whole movie had.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    W
    Also loved that Tony Stark's house number is the same number as the MCU's universe code, and that was the least of the little background jokes. Stan Lee's cameo was good as always too, and the film had a good sense of tone, keeping more between The Amazing Spider-Man and The Avengers rather than TDKR..
    Did you just imply that THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN is better than Dark Knight Rises?

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Did you just imply that THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN is better than Dark Knight Rises?
    Nope, just stated their opinion just like how you just did. How about you go check out some official reviews and compare the majority.

My little brother wants to see this movie so we're going to see it at the end of this week. Apparently he had the ending spoiled for him by his classmates but luckily he didn't do the same to me. Don't know what to expect, the first film was great while the second one was okay.

An actor's done playing their role as a superhero and you think nobody else could play the role as well as they did? Why not make a movie starting their sidekick?
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 6th May 2013 at 7:07 AM. Reason: BURN!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast