Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

I liked
    - Muk's cameo
    - Stunfisk battling
    - seeing Frillish & Amoonguss in action
    - Unfezant in action

and that's it basically.

This episode wasn't so bad. Finally the producers are learning how to create good looking cotds again. The girl was annoying yes but cute. I think people need to understand that not all trainers are brave. I also thought she would choose Oshawott to go similar to her hair color than Tepig. But as always, I'm thinking of something else.

My ideal battle ever!

Wasnt a bad episode, TRio seems the same, their new Pokemon were impressive. I was as shocked as they were at Unfezant's great strength. Feels like its going to become the TR battler for a while.....eh. Ash doesnt seem really down at all over the league, kinda felt washed over.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Ash thanked Pikachu because it was the one to make Team Rocket disappear with that electroball

But I agree, Unfezant made it happen, and helped immensely, so I was disappointed that Ash didn't thank Unfezant.

I kept thinking "Come on Ash, Unfezant did a hell of a lot more, the least you could do is acknowledge that."

Edit: Also I have to say Nonomi's Tepig was far cuter than Ash's Oshawott has ever been, and they just to market Oshawot.....right.
    Tepig was so cute. Definitely makes me wonder why Oshawott is considered the cutest by many.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    I though it was funny how Cilan and Iris more or less said that they hadn't accomplished their goals yet, so they were just going to stick with Ash...even though he seemingly had no idea what to do with himself after the league.
    I wonder what in-universe reason Ash had to stay in Unova, considering he went home immediately after all the other leagues.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    Tepig was so cute. Definitely makes me wonder why Oshawott is considered the cutest by many.
    Cuz people hate on le Tepig line for being part fighting again lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Awful episode. I expected it to be decent but it was really bad.

The tag battle was a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    The league doesn't end the generation. We've had stuff after leagues before, after Kanto's League Ash went to Orange Island to do stuff there until the next generation of games came out. After Hoenn's league Ash took on the Battle Frontier which were located in Kanto, again this was done until the next generation of games was ready to come out. And now Ash is again doing stuff after the league until the new generation of games comes out, only difference is this would be the first time Ash stays in the region instead of going to another place.

Also, the only reason Team Plasma wasn't in the earlier episodes of Best Wishes was because of an incident that happened that postponed their original debut. The writers just decided to have them appear later on and have them be the closing of the 5th generation for the Anime.
    But I mean come on! Did they REALLY have to wait 100+ episodes to bring N and Team Plasma into the series? I mean how long is the Pokemon N season supposed to be when he and Team Plasma could have been in the series from the very beginning like Teams Galactic, Aqua and Magma were when Ash traveled in the regions they belonged to. So unless theirs going to be another 100+ episodes to make up the loss time for N and Team Plasma could have had if they had been there from the beginning of the Unova series before the X & Y season starts up...

Plus I know about the main reason behind why the didn't bring N and Team Plasma into the series when they TOTALLY skipped the episodes that should have premiered them, and left us all hanging and wondering what the heck happened in the missing episodes, since the episode before the missing episodes was to premier had Giovanni leading an ARMY of Team Rocket members to Unova in flying vehicles to pay a visit to the desert resort, and whatever happened in the missing episode seems to have put jessie and James back on Giovanni's hit list since in later episodes he wouldn't even take their calls again like he did back in old days when he was angry at them and their constant failures at something. *lol*

The series seems... lonely without Jessie, James and Meowth CONTSTANTLY showing up to try and outwit Ash and get Pikachu, now that they've become the big tough unbeatable guys they are now and too busy to bother with Ash anymore. *lol* their barely in there anymore other for the few scenes that show
    what they are doing for Team Rocket elsewhere miles away from Ash.
    Last edited by Crystal_Knight; 19th January 2013 at 2:30 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code #: Angel Skye - 0533-5949-4272
    if you want to ad me please PM me with your own Friend Code so I may ad you to my own 3DS. Plus can someone please tell me what kind of pokemon are showing up when you visit my Friend Safari zone in your game.

This trainer card was created for me by: Emerald Latias

If anyone is interested in reading any stories I've written, please click one of the trainer cards to be directed to where my stories are located, and please leave a review for whatever story read.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    I wonder what in-universe reason Ash had to stay in Unova, considering he went home immediately after all the other leagues.
    He most likely wanted to stay for a little bit to relax after the league. Than Juniper is all like "Boy you ain't gonna sit ya lazy *** here do something for me. Go see my dad ya lazy good for nuttin"

Ok maybe juniper said it in a nicer way but still...

I just realized that Stun Spore and Body Slam seems to be an illegal combination of moves on Amoonguss. They're both egg moves but none of the parents that pass them on get both. I wonder if the writers will change this.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I just realized that Stun Spore and Body Slam seems to be an illegal combination of moves on Amoonguss. They're both egg moves but none of the parents that pass them on get both. I wonder if the writers will change this.
    I noticed that too. Why can't Ash's Pokemon learn Egg Moves, a part Bayleef?

But remember that they're Team Rocket: cheating and illegality are their second and third names. XD
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

So they are suppose to what, just be robots and not show any emotion over something any normal human would be scared or shocked over?

Twinkle is still used to reference a distance. I don't believe they used it for the Jet Packs, but I don't think they were ever shown to fly off into the distance in most cases anyways, pretty sure most of the time it was just them flying off making their comments and then the scene changes.
    There you go, you even said it...they felt "scared or shocked". Before, they'd leave via an articulated escape in a composed manner. Now, not anymore...like back in the old days...yes, the twinkle is used to reference distance but as I said, in this particular anime, it has the greatest tendency to be associated with a blast off (more often than not the blast off of team rocket)...I've mentioned a few other examples but there may be more but the sheer proportion of one's featuring TR is staggering no? Anyways, why are we even debating this? Isn't it kinda obvious that the old TR had come back? Sure, they can change them back but at the present moment, It's pretty arguable that they've reverted back to the old TR...Even their old meowth balloon is back FFS...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Actually it's not illegal at all.

Shroomish can learn Body Slam from FR/LG Move Tutor and learns Stun Spore via Level Up. So it is still possible to have an Amoonguss in BW with it.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Knight View Post
    But I mean come on! Did they REALLY have to wait 100+ episodes to bring N and Team Plasma into the series? I mean how long is the Pokemon N season supposed to be when he and Team Plasma could have been in the series from the very beginning like Teams Galactic, Aqua and Magma were when Ash traveled in the regions they belonged to. So unless theirs going to be another 100+ episodes to make up the loss time for N and Team Plasma could have had if they had been there from the beginning of the Unova series before the X & Y season starts up...

Plus I know about the main reason behind why the didn't bring N and Team Plasma into the series when they TOTALLY skipped the episodes that should have premiered them, and left us all hanging and wondering what the heck happened in the missing episodes, since the episode before the missing episodes was to premier had Giovanni leading an ARMY of Team Rocket members to Unova in flying vehicles to pay a visit to the desert resort, and whatever happened in the missing episode seems to have put jessie and James back on Giovanni's hit list since in later episodes he wouldn't even take their calls again like he did back in old days when he was angry at them and their constant failures at something. *lol*

The series seems... lonely without Jessie, James and Meowth CONTSTANTLY showing up to try and outwit Ash and get Pikachu, now that they've become the big tough unbeatable guys they are now and too busy to bother with Ash anymore. *lol* their barely in there anymore other for the few scenes that show
    what they are doing for Team Rocket elsewhere miles away from Ash.
    They probably did have to, or at least felt it was for the best. I'm pretty sure they know stuff about future games ahead of time, and they simply didn't want to use old Plasma when the new Plasma would have made more sense. This is most likely going to continue until the new games come out, which is in October. They don't need 100+ episodes for lost time, the other groups didn't appear all that often anyways from what I remember. What's more is, Episode N is most likely going to be much more focused on Team Plasma and N, they'll get a handful of episodes at least.

And it's because of the reason that caused these episodes to be put on hold that most likely just had everything changed completely due to new things about Team Plasma coming from the new set of games.

Well, they're back in the show and probably will appear more often again anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    There you go, you even said it...they felt "scared or shocked". Before, they'd leave via an articulated escape in a composed manner. Now, not anymore...like back in the old days...yes, the twinkle is used to reference distance but as I said, in this particular anime, it has the greatest tendency to be associated with a blast off (more often than not the blast off of team rocket)...I've mentioned a few other examples but there may be more but the sheer proportion of one's featuring TR is staggering no? Anyways, why are we even debating this? Isn't it kinda obvious that the old TR had come back? Sure, they can change them back but at the present moment, It's pretty arguable that they've reverted back to the old TR...Even their old meowth balloon is back FFS...
    Again, they were being hit with an attack. They planned to get away in their rocket booster Meowth balloon, but Pikachu caught them, they aren't just going to sit there with blanc faces, they knew they were done and showed it.

Considering Team Rocket isn't being used as comedic relief; which is what the old Team Rocket was mainly about, not it's not obvious that they are back. It's obvious the writers had no intentions to use them as comedic relief here. Plus, we know they hack into Team Plasma's stuff later on. The use of the Meowth balloon doesn't make a difference either, that didn't make them what they were before, now if they start using Pokemon mechas in every episode then they would have some of their old traits back. And if they are intentionally used for humor purposes, then they are even more like they were before. But right now, of what we know of Team Rocket so far, nothing indicates they are or will be like the way they were prior to Best Wishes, mainly do to the fact there has yet to be any actual comedic relief used for them, which again, was basically their main thing for the stuff before Best Wishes(With the odd episode here and there where they were somewhat threatening).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Can anyone confirm Ash's exact words upon pulling that face when Muk glomped Oak? I don't understand Japanese..

Where can I watch the episode? Please, only say the site's name, not it link.

I want to watch. ;/

I'm not sure how I feel about Team Rocket coming back right after saying they'd return to Kanto, and Yamask and Woobat getting the boot when they had absolutely no development in BW yet. Other than that I have no real problems with the episode. And DAT opening.

- I'd understand our CoTD being afraid if it was one of those wooden suspension bridges. But come on, that looked like the wall of china.
    - So I'm guessing Charizard > Zekrom for Ash?
    - That's right Ash. You should apologize for getting top 8.
    - I hope I'm not the only one who wishes Cilan and Iris will follow Ash into his X/Y adventures. They just feel a lot less finished than May/Dawn were when they left.
    - Half of me would've laughed if Iris sent out Dragonite and Cilan Crustle just to mess with her.
    - This girl is smarter than our main characters already. When an ominous mist covers the field, call your pokemon back!
    - Hold on. Ash just had a memory jog and remembered he had a flying type.
    - He also remembers how to get rid of smoke with one. And it only took 5 minutes!
    - Team Rocket probably "blasted off" because they used their last jet pack for the meowth balloon. Aw shucks.

Not sure what people are talking about this episode reverting back into lazy pre-BW writing. There was no 'walking off into the sunset'. We got one of those legit cliffhangers that recently BW's been resourcefully using to end off the episode. Team Rocket was more focused on doing their thing than chanting their motto and posing. They were used less as a plot device to help Nonomi gain confidence and more of an actual threat. Ash still rotating his pokemon; those said reserves getting decent screentime. The only warning signal I saw was Team Rocket wanting to catch Pikachu again and not using jet packs (even though they did).

Quote Originally Posted by fromBrazil View Post

I want to watch. ;/
    google
    Last edited by CupidKirby; 20th January 2013 at 12:23 AM.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Quote Originally Posted by fromBrazil View Post

I want to watch. ;/
    You could just google it, that's what I do every single week and it generally pops up on a site or two before the end of the day it airs..

I'm pretty sure there's a rule against discussing where you can illegally find shows to watch anyway, so we wouldn't exactly sit and give you the name of a site, risking our own butts..

Again, they were being hit with an attack. They planned to get away in their rocket booster Meowth balloon, but Pikachu caught them, they aren't just going to sit there with blanc faces, they knew they were done and showed it.

Considering Team Rocket isn't being used as comedic relief; which is what the old Team Rocket was mainly about, not it's not obvious that they are back. It's obvious the writers had no intentions to use them as comedic relief here. Plus, we know they hack into Team Plasma's stuff later on. The use of the Meowth balloon doesn't make a difference either, that didn't make them what they were before, now if they start using Pokemon mechas in every episode then they would have some of their old traits back. And if they are intentionally used for humor purposes, then they are even more like they were before. But right now, of what we know of Team Rocket so far, nothing indicates they are or will be like the way they were prior to Best Wishes, mainly do to the fact there has yet to be any actual comedic relief used for them, which again, was basically their main thing for the stuff before Best Wishes(With the odd episode here and there where they were somewhat threatening).
    The thing here though is that before, they were always prepared with their jet packs ready even if their getaway ship gets blasted, not once were they taken by surprise like this...however, i do hear what you are saying, I do agree that they have not been used for comedic purposes...yet...as I said before, baby steps...start with the meowth balloon and a makeshift blast-off and ease into the old antics and bad jokes...as for threatening, they didn't seem real threatening...sure the usual bad jokes they would use pre-BW weren't used, their pokemon actually had an effect, and they were generally serious, but it did follow the old pattern...instead of "scheming for a greater plan", it's "steal a pokemon, get away with it"...something done mostly pre-BW by them...but then again, time will reveal the truth...I'd be fine either way but it just seems to me that it would proceed in my aforementioned direction...but of course a 360 is always possible...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Actually it's not illegal at all.

Shroomish can learn Body Slam from FR/LG Move Tutor and learns Stun Spore via Level Up. So it is still possible to have an Amoonguss in BW with it.
    OH, well that's great. I was hoping that someone would prove me wrong. xD Serebii should have a "can learn via Move Tutor in a previous generation" section in their detailed egg move parents list or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Can anyone confirm Ash's exact words upon pulling that face when Muk glomped Oak? I don't understand Japanese..
    He literally just said "Betbeton..." Which is Muk's Japanese name.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

The Good of this episode.

The 3 seconds of Muk
    Stunfisk Derping
    Pikachu getting OHKOd.
    TEAM ROCKET IS BLASTING OFF
    The bad

For some reason emolga is not allowed to faint onscreen in a trainer battle. Ever
    TR's grand debut scheme was them pushing some cart in the middle of a battle, music did NOT fit at all.
    Why was Dragonite not used.
    WHAT WERE IRiS AND CILAN DOING THE WHOLE TIME TR WAS IN FRONT OF THEM?!
    For that matter juniper?
    Everything about the girl.
    Where was the obligatory Emboar headlocking new girl/burning down the house nightmare?!
    Unfezant beat the TR new pokemon too easily.
    How did it go from being pwned by a riolu to being superbird in 2 episodes?

This episode was basically the writers realizing they failed at ripping off Kanto and moved on to copying johto instead.

Ash and Co are traveling
    They meet some boring one shot trainer with an even more boring problem
    Said trainer is completely unlikable
    Some more cute market filler
    PREPARE FOR TROUBLE!
    One shot+Ash=TR blasting off
    Oh wait the problem magically dissapears
    Ash moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The Good of this episode.

The 3 seconds of Muk
    Stunfisk Derping
    Pikachu getting OHKOd.
    TEAM ROCKET IS BLASTING OFF
    The bad

For some reason emolga is not allowed to faint onscreen in a trainer battle. Ever
    TR's grand debut scheme was them pushing some cart in the middle of a battle, music did NOT fit at all.
    Why was Dragonite not used.
    WHAT WERE IRiS AND CILAN DOING THE WHOLE TIME TR WAS IN FRONT OF THEM?!
    For that matter juniper?
    Everything about the girl.
    Where was the obligatory Emboar headlocking new girl/burning down the house nightmare?!
    Unfezant beat the TR new pokemon too easily.
    How did it go from being pwned by a riolu to being superbird in 2 episodes?

This episode was basically the writers realizing they failed at ripping off Kanto and moved on to copying johto instead.

Ash and Co are traveling
    They meet some boring one shot trainer with an even more boring problem
    Said trainer is completely unlikable
    Some more cute market filler
    PREPARE FOR TROUBLE!
    One shot+Ash=TR blasting off
    Oh wait the problem magically dissapears
    Ash moves on.
    Please note that this was a pretty casual transition episode between the league and proper introduction of N. Ash comes back at the lab, wonders what he'll do, some sort of a reason for him to continue travelling is brought up and he leaves. Also it reintroduced TR and N was shown at the end.

the blast off is (kinda) back! it was more of a fall really.......just goes to show you guys (and any troper will tell you this) status quo is god!

It was good to hear the original motto for the first time since DP, plus the animation is pretty cool this time. I also liked them doing their old rhyming stuff again when they were leaving with tepig, but it was awkward when the rival destinies theme was in the background.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    It was good to hear the original motto for the first time since DP, plus the animation is pretty cool this time. I also liked them doing their old rhyming stuff again when they were leaving with tepig, but it was awkward when the rival destinies theme was in the background.
    did the team rocket song play in the background during the episode?
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast