Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 238

Thread: New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Did TRio act like they did in DP?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    I just don't get why they decided to all of the sudden revert them to their old selves, Even using the Kanto motto, it was also said that Frillish and Amoongus appeared with absolutely no explanation. it just doesn't make sense. It's like the writers aren't even trying anymore ;/

    *~Openly Gay and Proud~*

  3. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RageKaiser View Post
    I just don't get why they decided to all of the sudden revert them to their old selves, Even using the Kanto motto, it was also said that Frillish and Amoongus appeared with absolutely no explanation. it just doesn't make sense. It's like the writers aren't even trying anymore ;/
    Trust me, they haven't been trying in many ways in the first two series of Best Wishes.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Did TRio act like they did in DP?
    They acted like they did before BW, not DP seriously you guys need tod rop that DP nonsense, they always acted like idiots.

    They kinda had a more serious tonme here though, they beat Pikachu even and Unfezant was the one who kicked their ***.

    The episode wasn't bad though, like I said we haven't seen this since DP and they looked sligthly more competent and serious then back then, what annoyed me was them not taking the time to make a small scene for SAtoshi pokemon to appear.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    They acted like they did before BW, not DP seriously you guys need tod rop that DP nonsense, they always acted like idiots.

    They kinda had a more serious tonme here though, they beat Pikachu even and Unfezant was the one who kicked their ***.

    The episode wasn't bad though, like I said we haven't seen this since DP and they looked sligthly more competent and serious then back then, what annoyed me was them not taking the time to make a small scene for SAtoshi pokemon to appear.
    They were way more idiots in DP than they were in Kanto to be fair.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,221

    Default

    Yeah, this just proves what I've been saying that TR will be a middleground between stupid and serious, especially as we know they're in Unova for Team Plasma, and face up against them in the opening with Looker

    But anyway, can we keep the TR implications in it's own thread in Anime Spoilers. Thanks

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    484

    Default

    You know what, if the TR use the old 'To protect the world from devastation...' motto in the dub, I will start watching the series again! I LOVE that motto!

    An you know what... it might be bad writing but so many of Ash's Pokemon evolved against Team Rocket in the past that I'm hoping their return could be a plot device to actual have Ash's team evolve!
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

    Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

    Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    I liked Muk.

    I liked Stunfisk.

    That's it.

    Moving on.

    Sorry there's just nothing else to say here at this moment in time.

    Edit: Shoot I almost forgot. I liked Unfezant taking out both Amoongus and Frillish at near the same time (one after the other), that was my favorite part.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 17th January 2013 at 11:39 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    They were way more idiots in DP than they were in Kanto to be fair.
    Tired of arguing about this, ok you guys are rigth wtv they weren't as stupid in AG or Johto or Kanto, it was worse sure...

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Yeah, this just proves what I've been saying that TR will be a middleground between stupid and serious, especially as we know they're in Unova for Team Plasma, and face up against them in the opening with Looker

    But anyway, can we keep the TR implications in it's own thread in Anime Spoilers. Thanks
    Hum we are talking about them acting retarded in this episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I liked Muk.

    I liked Stunfisk.

    That's it.

    Moving on.

    Sorry there's just nothing else to say here at this moment in time.
    Thogh you would love the episode.

    I'm expecting a long list of people to come here and praise the episode Thunderblade, Bluedragonfangirl, etc.

    The episode even had blaNd at the end.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Yeah, this just proves what I've been saying that TR will be a middleground between stupid and serious, especially as we know they're in Unova for Team Plasma, and face up against them in the opening with Looker
    Old motto + Meowth balloon + mechas + blasting off = no serious. It is a fallacy to claim that their babbling nonsense was the only trait that made them stupid.

    But since we're not allowed to talk about it even though it's part of this episode, I guess I'll just say welcome back cookie-cutter lazy writing!

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    They were definitely like their BW selves, except their goal was to get Pikachu.

    This episode can't be called a definite filler, its a necessity for the transition to Season N. It did an 'okay' job in that manner.

    Few parts I liked in this episode: Ash disappointed when he told that he reached only top 8 in the Unova League. Our old competent Ash is down there somewhere.

    One more thing: TR's blast off wasn't the usual one like in the past. Instead of blasting off into the sky, crying 'TR is blasting off again' or at least the japanese version of it, they were simply thrown away into the distance.

    Unlike few people, my hopes are still alive for serious TR.

    Nextly, the opening: It was amazing. It was as if I was watching a more serious anime. I don't know how good season N itself will be, but the opening is more than satisfying. Charizard flamethroewring Reshiram (?) in the end was awesome.

    Also, I think Muk should get the highest number of appearances for a reserve award, lol.

    I don't say this is a good episode, but it was made to pave way for good ones.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  12. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Did TRio act like they did in DP?
    No, they acted pretty much the same way they've been throughout all of BW.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    They were way more idiots in DP than they were in Kanto to be fair.
    No, that was just Jimmy Zoppi deciding to rewrite them in the DP dub. His rewrites have nothing to do with the way they're written in the original, which has always been pretty consistent.
    Last edited by Dephender; 17th January 2013 at 11:47 AM.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post

    Thogh you would love the episode.

    I'm expecting a long list of people to come here and praise the episode Thunderblade, Bluedragonfangirl, etc.

    The episode even had blaNd at the end.
    You missed my edited part I added in because I forgot that was in this episode (don't know what I was thinking).

    But no, as much as I liked seeing Team Rocket knock out Pikachu and take it away. Team Rocket is way too slow, and Nonomi ruined it, so instead they try to capture her Tepig and only it, because that made sense.

    No there's only a few things I liked in this episode, but that's it. I would've loved to have seen Kingler and Palpitoad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    No, they acted pretty much the same way they've been throughout all of BW.
    It's going to be awkward seeing them with this blended form of Team Rocket.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    No, that was just Jimmy Zoppi deciding to rewrite them in the DP dub. His rewrites have nothing to do with the way they're written in the original, which has always been pretty consistent.
    Jimmy Zoppi didn't write their intrusive roles, boss fantasies or stupid running jokes like blasting off.

    I don't even like him, and I'm defending him here. DP Team Rocket was not his fault. He only made it worse.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  15. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    It's going to be awkward seeing them with this blended form of Team Rocket.
    There was no "blended form" in this episode. They acted the exact same way as they did in, say, the Zorua episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Jimmy Zoppi didn't write their intrusive roles, boss fantasies or stupid running jokes like blasting off.

    I don't even like him, and I'm defending him here. DP Team Rocket was not his fault. He only made it worse.
    There's no difference between the way they were written in AG and DP. None at all. I don't watch the dub, and had no idea where all these complaints about "DP style Rockets" until I caught a random episode (the Phione one) and saw how terribly annoying they were written there. None of that is in the original.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    There's no difference between the way they were written in AG and DP. None at all. I don't watch the dub, and had no idea where all these complaints about "DP style Rockets" until I caught a random episode (the Phione one) and saw how terribly annoying they were written there. None of that is in the original.
    And none of that changes the fact that they still intruded on every single episode.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    There was no "blended form" in this episode. They acted the exact same way as they did in, say, the Zorua episode.
    I mean BW personality blended with how they were treated in earlier series. The whole catching Pikachu, blasting off thing.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    Muk appeared with Oak, TR said their old motto and Charizard was looking like a beast in the opening.. that's all I need to know for me to realise I will enjoy this new 'Episode N' arc more than the rest of the disastrous BW saga..
    Last edited by Sushi; 17th January 2013 at 2:18 PM.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  19. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    And none of that changes the fact that they still intruded on every single episode.
    There's no reason to assume that will be the case from here on. The BW writers have certainly demonstrated their ability to write episodes without the same recurring antagonists creating the conflict-of-the-episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I mean BW personality blended with how they were treated in earlier series. The whole catching Pikachu, blasting off thing.
    They didn't really "blast off" any more than they did in earlier BW episodes, and the catching-Pikachu plan was no different from what they did in BW1-4.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I mean BW personality blended with how they were treated in earlier series. The whole catching Pikachu, blasting off thing.
    There's quite a difference between the blasting off in those episodes and that in the pre-BW episodes. They didn't do their usual comedy bit during the blast off. (Not directed at you) I hate when people just come to conclusions and bash everything. The amount of complaint posts keep on multiply, why can't people look for the positives ( no matter how scarce they are) isntead of complaining about the same thing 10 times a day in 10 different posts.....

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    There's quite a difference between the blasting off in those episodes and that in the pre-BW episodes. They didn't do their usual comedy bit during the blast off. (Not directed at you) I hate when people just come to conclusions and bash everything. The amount of complaint posts keep on multiply, why can't people look for the positives ( no matter how scarce they are) isntead of complaining about the same thing 10 times a day in 10 different posts.....
    I'm basicly messing with the people who wanted the old formula back but I did say that TR looked a little more serious even doing the usual stuff, I just think it will degrade as time goes, I hope not and again I hope it doesn't happen in every episode.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I'm basicly messing with the people who wanted the old formula back but I did say that TR looked a little more serious even doing the usual stuff, I just think it will degrade as time goes, I hope not and again I hope it doesn't happen in every episode.
    Indeed, it will be disturbing if it happens every episode. I think it's just a temporary phase, till they somehow meet with Looker and all...eh, I think I better carry the rest to the spoiler section.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  23. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post

    They didn't really "blast off" any more than they did in earlier BW episodes, and the catching-Pikachu plan was no different from what they did in BW1-4.
    That was because they found Pikachu knocked unconscious their real plan was to steal the Pokémon food. Pikachu was just a bonus.

    But I can see 1, 2, and 3, it's just the main bulk of BW has them shifted to something other than catching Pikachu.

    It was rare to see them do anything else pre-BW, unless it was something they came across, without having run into Pikachu.

    It was like a reverse of what happened pre-BW. Focus on other things and maybe catch Pikachu if it suits them. But it kind of seems their flipping the switch again to focus solely on Pikachu, little anything else, but retaining their BW personalities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    There's quite a difference between the blasting off in those episodes and that in the pre-BW episodes. They didn't do their usual comedy bit during the blast off. (Not directed at you) I hate when people just come to conclusions and bash everything. The amount of complaint posts keep on multiply, why can't people look for the positives ( no matter how scarce they are) isntead of complaining about the same thing 10 times a day in 10 different posts.....
    Just so we're clear, I DO NOT CARE about Team Rocket. I liked the episodes NONE OF THEM were in. Because it showed they don't need to resort to Team Rocket to carry the plot.

    What I hate, is using Team Rocket as a plot crutch because:

    Writer (Panicking): Oh god, oh god, what I'm going do. Oh god what am I going to do? This is supposed to be a 22 minute episode *LIGHTBULB, snaps fingers* Team Rocket.

    is very annoying and tired.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    That was because they found Pikachu knocked unconscious their real plan was to steal the Pokémon food. Pikachu was just a bonus.

    But I can see 1, 2, and 3, it's just the main bulk of BW has them shifted to something other than catching Pikachu.

    It was rare to see them do anything else pre-BW, unless it was something they came across, without having run into Pikachu.

    It was like a reverse of what happened pre-BW. Focus on other things and maybe catch Pikachu if it suits them. But it kind of seems their flipping the switch again to focus solely on Pikachu, little anything else, but retaining their BW personalities.



    Just so we're clear, I DO NOT CARE about Team Rocket. I liked the episodes NONE OF THEM were in. Because it showed they don't need to resort to Team Rocket to carry the plot.

    What I hate, is using Team Rocket as a plot crutch because:

    Writer (Panicking): Oh god, oh god, what I'm going do. Oh god what am I going to do? This is supposed to be a 22 minute episode *LIGHTBULB, snaps fingers* Team Rocket.

    is very annoying and tired.
    Uh, BTW my post wasn't completely directed at you...but I agree with your sentiments. I was kinda shocked when I realized 20 min are up by the time Team Rocket's balloon was destroyed in this episode. It's just so simple for them....but there is hope that the rest of the episodes need not be like this...try to be positive for a change?

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Uh, BTW my post wasn't completely directed at you...but I agree with your sentiments. I was kinda shocked when I realized 20 min are up by the time Team Rocket's balloon was destroyed in this episode. It's just so simple for them....but there is hope that the rest of the episodes need not be like this...try to be positive for a change?
    I know, I'm just making it clear that you know that.

    The only thing I'll complain about Team Rocket is, that they will most likely be shoved in every episode in Episode N, trying to capture Pikachu. Which I hope doesn't happen.

    All that said, I did like how Team Rocket wasn't easily defeated, like before, but was just a last minute thing, I know some Pre-BW episode and some BW episodes are like this, but I mean the way it was portrayed, like Team Rocket actually trying, not like in some episodes where everything moves incredibly slow or focusing primarily on the comic relief part. However they were still pretty slow in this episode. I swear it took like about 30 seconds (well it felt like more so maybe it was more) just for Frillish to psychically carry Pikachu a few feet, while Nonomi, or whatever was having some inner angst or whatever, finally sending out Tepig and then making it so Team Rocket failed.

    If I was part of an evil team, I would already be gone before Nonomi was able to send out Tepig. But whatever, I think I'm too tired right now, it's late, I should be going to bed.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •