Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 238

Thread: New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,724

    Default

    Muk appeared with Oak, TR said their old motto and Charizard was looking like a beast in the opening.. that's all I need to know for me to realise I will enjoy this new 'Episode N' arc more than the rest of the disastrous BW saga..
    You're really basing that on a set of three things of which two are fanservice that will never actually contribute anything? Come on, you know as well as I do Muk isn't going to appear again for a long time.
    Last edited by Sushi; 17th January 2013 at 1:19 PM.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  2. #52

    Default

    Voice cast, for those interested.

    Nonomi was played by Asami Seto.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    599

    Default

    at least still competent even they fail and blasting off =.=

    for some one who said this Diamond and Pearl again

    is not cause BW TR > DP TR :P
    Welcome Gen VI


    PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I see a lot of people on here who claim that they'll do that and I can't help but laugh because they never truly leave and I guarantee you'll still be on this forum in the future.
    Very true! As the song 'Hotel California' put it ''you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave''!

    I get fed up, I especially have with BW, but I doubt I'll ever leave the show for good! I've checked out... but haven't managed to leave yet!
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

    Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

    Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    I havent watched the episode but from the pictures, looks like Ash isnt too bothered about his league loss?

    I just rewatched the OS episode right after Ash lost to Ritchie, and that episode spent quite a few minutes dealing with Ash lying alone in his room fuming and upset.

    Anyone who watched the episode, did he even appear a bit angry here?




  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    If the TRio were smart, I would assume that they're annoying Ash with their poaching just because they KNOW that he's going to do something to help out against Team Plasma and, ultimately, shut them down. If they get Ash's Pokemon, it's a win for them anyway because it better equips TR for battle against TP.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    The episode wasn't that bad!! 6/10

    It is just me or did Prof. Oak's eyebrows evolve during this time O.o

    Did someone know if James and Jessie mention Woobat and Yamask?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Old motto + Meowth balloon + mechas + blasting off = no serious. It is a fallacy to claim that their babbling nonsense was the only trait that made them stupid.

    But since we're not allowed to talk about it even though it's part of this episode, I guess I'll just say welcome back cookie-cutter lazy writing!
    Since you never elaborate why it;s cookie cutter lazy writing, why should we listen to you.

    From reading the posts, it sounds like a fun episode. I always liked the comical villains (Team Rocket) and it's great to see them again. Sorry to be the minority, but I like their gags. And Pepsi, don;t use the R word.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Since you never elaborate why it;s cookie cutter lazy writing, why should we listen to you.

    From reading the posts, it sounds like a fun episode. I always liked the comical villains (Team Rocket) and it's great to see them again. Sorry to be the minority, but I like their gags. And Pepsi, don;t use the R word.
    He did elaborate as did I, he means the writers use the TR as a plot device to steal a pokemon and every episode plot becomes about TR stealing X pokemon and Pikachu and them blasting off again.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    He did elaborate as did I, he means the writers use the TR as a plot device to steal a pokemon and every episode plot becomes about TR stealing X pokemon and Pikachu and them blasting off again.
    That doesn't mean they are lazy. I know lazy, I am a Fanfic critic but I don't get all hot and bothered over anime plots, especailly a child's one.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Just wondering but did TR only say their Kanto Motto or did we hear their old background music as well?

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Couldn't even go one full region without idiot Rockets hogging the screen with their unfunniness, huh?
    ~marioluigifan05
    Last edited by moneylesswario; 17th January 2013 at 2:10 PM.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Did Team Rocket blast off? I only saw the pictures and I didn't see them flying into the sky twinkling, looked more like they were just blasted off to another part of the forest or whatever. Regardless, I enjoyed seeing them again, and they still seem like they are capable of doing stuff.

    The girl is crazy. I enjoyed it but...she's still crazy.

    I was disappointed that Ash's Pokemon at Juniper's wasn't shown, but I was glad to see Muk trying to have it's way with Oak again.

    Stunfisk is crazy too. It took way too much pleasure out of getting shocked...I enjoyed it nonetheless. Was nice seeing it again.

    I like the look of the episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  14. #64

    Default

    Sounds like a good episode, Kanto Team Rocket being back like I was hoping and Muk appearing with Oak? YES!! People, older region are still connected, they didn't die after allXD
    Ash seemed mature in this episode a bit, I like that and the new opening and ending were some of the best of the BW series I've seen, for once I am happy.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Sounds like a good episode, Kanto Team Rocket being back like I was hoping and Muk appearing with Oak? YES!! People, older region are still connected, they didn't die after allXD
    Ash seemed mature in this episode a bit, I like that and the new opening and ending were some of the best of the BW series I've seen, for once I am happy.
    Woah woah woah. Kanto TR? I'll believe that when I see it. I'd be surprised if anything that was up to Kanto's levels returned to Pokémon.

  16. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Woah woah woah. Kanto TR? I'll believe that when I see it. I'd be surprised if anything that was up to Kanto's levels returned to Pokémon.
    Sounds like it, looks like it. They seemed serious at times yet comical, like Kanto TR did which would be fine by me.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by realarcastform View Post
    Trust me, they haven't been trying in many ways in the first two series of Best Wishes.
    Except for the fact that they HAVE been trying for the first time in years rather than relying on a writing formula like they did throughout AG and D/P. I swear, you people.....

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Did Team Rocket blast off? I only saw the pictures and I didn't see them flying into the sky twinkling, looked more like they were just blasted off to another part of the forest or whatever.
    That's exactly what happened. They didn't even say "Yana Kanji!" People are exaggerating by saying they "blasted off".
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 17th January 2013 at 3:26 PM.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Sounds like it, looks like it. They seemed serious at times yet comical, like Kanto TR did which would be fine by me.
    We'll see how it works out but it would be very hard to re-create Kanto TR without Shudo.

  19. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    We'll see how it works out but it would be very hard to re-create Kanto TR without Shudo.
    Maybe they can re watch Kanto episodes over and over again to do thisXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    592

    Default

    that girl i wanted to just smack...**** her lol

    overall the episode wasnt bad...maybe they'll use team rocket as a plot device for ash's pokemon to start evolving because without them it seems they have a hard time evolving..

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    that girl i wanted to just smack...**** her lol

    overall the episode wasnt bad...maybe they'll use team rocket as a plot device for ash's pokemon to start evolving because without them it seems they have a hard time evolving..
    Yes! XD this is positive!! now Ash's pokemon will gain more experience from battling Team Rocket, bring Boldore, Palpitoad, Snivy. XD

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    I just got done watching the episode and I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about the TRio's role in this episode.
    I mean they are acting a little different then they did in the beginning of BW but not that different to call it a complete personality change.
    I mean they are still competent and they are not acting like complete goofballs like they did in DP. If this is how they are gonna be in the rest of episode N then I am fine with it.

  23. #73

    Default

    They were not back to being comical, people. They were written the exact same way they've been throughout BW. The only thing "Kanto-esque" about them was their motto, their balloon, and the fact that they had a (rather boring and generic, not stylized at all) mech.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,096

    Default

    This episode was a nice setup for the N chapter, the Oak and Muk cameos were nice and altough the new trainer girl was annoying at times, she managed to be entertaining for comic relief..

    Team Rocket WERE NOT like their DP selves, so much complaining for nothing they were competent and their new pokemon seemed powerful, it was great Unfezant took out both of them, she's getting stronger. 9/10

    Now I hope TR will help Ash's Pokemon get more experience. XD

  25. #75
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    That doesn't mean they are lazy. I know lazy, I am a Fanfic critic but I don't get all hot and bothered over anime plots, especailly a child's one.
    Ofc thats being lazy, write the same episode from Kanto to DP most of the times and thats not being lazy? thats taking the easy way out, what would you call lazy then? there really isn't another word that can be used.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •