Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 238

Thread: New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    PLEASELETNBEVOICEDWELL, PLEASELETNBEVOICEDWELL, etc...
    Yuri Lowenthal


    (Don't take that seriously...actually Yuri would not be that bad)

  2. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Yuri Lowenthal


    (Don't take that seriously...actually Yuri would not be that bad)
    I don't want freaking Ben Tennyson stuck in N's body. (Somehow, this joke makes sense).

    The voice has to be slightly creepy. Maybe they'll end up using the one in the B2W2 trailer.

    Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

    Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Aside from the brief appearance of N at the end, there were some cons about this ep.

    -I'm so sick and tired of hearing Iris calling other people kids like she ain't one her damn self. The same thing over and over. Man, i miss MIsty and May(Pokemon advanced series)

    -Nanette. Kinda annoying from the start.

    -Team Rocket....hearing and seeing them today after being MIA for months and they're actin like the TR from the DP saga. WTF, those annoying rhymes of theirs, the let's cature Pikachu plan, 2 Pokemon we've seen few to many times before and not even that popular, and i or would've liked hearing the original motto again if i didn't have to hear that same recycled DP music again!( Does 4Kids have license to the original music from the older Pokemon series or something?)

    -What also irked me the most is that they showed Prof Oak with the same annoying James-like screeching voice yet they also go and show Prof Juniper with the VA doing Oak's old voice! Why couldn't they just switch or something?

    -And i already can see that they won't redo the opening for the Plasma arc for unknown lame reasons.

    Despite all this, i'm still looking forward to the Plasma arc beginning next week


    "My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

    3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,724

    Default

    If I didn't know what I do about how poorly this episode represents the episodes to come by only keeping track of the dub, I'd be considering dropping the show. The dub made this even more painful.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I am moving up in the world!
    Posts
    4,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    Aside from the brief appearance of N at the end, there were some cons about this ep.

    -I'm so sick and tired of hearing Iris calling other people kids like she ain't one her damn self. The same thing over and over. Man, i miss MIsty and May(Pokemon advanced series)

    -Nanette. Kinda annoying from the start.

    -Team Rocket....hearing and seeing them today after being MIA for months and they're actin like the TR from the DP saga. WTF, those annoying rhymes of theirs, the let's cature Pikachu plan, 2 Pokemon we've seen few to many times before and not even that popular, and i or would've liked hearing the original motto again if i didn't have to hear that same recycled DP music again!( Does 4Kids have license to the original music from the older Pokemon series or something?)

    -What also irked me the most is that they showed Prof Oak with the same annoying James-like screeching voice yet they also go and show Prof Juniper with the VA doing Oak's old voice! Why couldn't they just switch or something?

    -And i already can see that they won't redo the opening for the Plasma arc for unknown lame reasons.

    Despite all this, i'm still looking forward to the Plasma arc beginning next week
    Honestly, all of those but the last two are pros for me. Iris's hypocrisy is pretty funny, Nanette was IMO a rare example of a well-written CotD, and the pre-BW TRio are my favorite characters in the show's history. But I'm kinda weird, so I understand if those opinions are unpopular.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

    harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

    Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    If I didn't know what I do about how poorly this episode represents the episodes to come by only keeping track of the dub, I'd be considering dropping the show. The dub made this even more painful.


    What was so different about this episode from the original? Was it TRio's script? I think I might have caught a rhyme in there somewhere.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    PLEASELETNBEVOICEDWELL, PLEASELETNBEVOICEDWELL, etc...
    Whoever voiced him in the B2W2 trailer should get the job.

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    What was so different about this episode from the original? Was it TRio's script? I think I might have caught a rhyme in there somewhere.
    The entire appearance was full of the same junk from DP; I'm surprised the dub didn't add 'WE'RE BLASTING OFF AGAIN' too. Old TR contributes nothing to the show and hadn't since Johto at best.

    That's without mentioning Jimmy Zoppi's especially horrific voice acting in this episode.

    I did like how they lampshaded the return of the old motto by saying 'words of yore' ... but it's not even the original motto really. They didn't always tack on random phrases after 'prepare for trouble' and 'make it double.'

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    The entire appearance was full of the same junk from DP; I'm surprised the dub didn't add 'WE'RE BLASTING OFF AGAIN' too. Old TR contributes nothing to the show and hadn't since Johto at best.

    That's without mentioning Jimmy Zoppi's especially horrific voice acting in this episode.

    I did like how they lampshaded the return of the old motto by saying 'words of yore' ... but it's not even the original motto really. They didn't always tack on random phrases after 'prepare for trouble' and 'make it double.'
    Besides adding some words to the Kanto motto, didn't James actually say one line incorrectly? I thought I heard him say, "to unite all people within the nation" or something like that instead of "to unite all people within our nation." I know one line was said incorrectly. And like I said after the original episode aired, I wish they used the Kanto music as well.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 20th April 2013 at 10:52 PM.

  10. #185

    Default

    I liked the Old Motto. I guess it kinda makes me want to put "Double Trouble (Team Rocket)" on my SD Card. "Team Rocket's Rockin', talking trouble, double trouble, big trouble's gonna follow you! We're gonna capture Pikachu."
    It's been too long since I've been here.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YoshiAngemon View Post
    I liked the Old Motto. I guess it kinda makes me want to put "Double Trouble (Team Rocket)" on my SD Card. "Team Rocket's Rockin', talking trouble, double trouble, big trouble's gonna follow you! We're gonna capture Pikachu."
    Yeah, it's hard not to feel nostalgic listening to that motto and that "Double Trouble" song is awesome!

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    336

    Default

    I actually like this episode, it slows things down nicely in preparation for the N arc. Although I think some of the humor was lost from the original, people screaming and freaking out is just funnier in Japanese. But I always like an episode that shows the start of a trainer's journey.

    N is never going to not be awesome, but it will be disappointing if he gets the Virgil treatment.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013


    Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In the Canalava Mines
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    Before watching this, I already had the idea that Team Rocket was reverting back to their old ways. What I didn't pick up was that they reused their motto from the older days! That was quite a twist, and I'm liking the mix up between the older TR and the new TP. While the newer ones aren't so deathly threatening, Jessies/James/Meowth are pretty balanced.

    Nanette was hilarious; poor girl wouldn't stop worrying about anything. It did get a little annoying at the middle of the episode. But I'm glad she picked herself up, and gained some confidence.

    Good episode, loved it.

    N appearing at the end was pretty cool. Since I'm cosplaying as him for a con in this Summer, I got a better view at what his shoes should look like. Thanks, N!

    ~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

  14. #189
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    N is never going to not be awesome, but it will be disappointing if he gets the Virgil treatment.
    what do you mean by Virgil treatment?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I don't want freaking Ben Tennyson stuck in N's body. (Somehow, this joke makes sense).

    The voice has to be slightly creepy. Maybe they'll end up using the one in the B2W2 trailer.
    Tom Wayland?

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Before watching this, I already had the idea that Team Rocket was reverting back to their old ways. What I didn't pick up was that they reused their motto from the older days! That was quite a twist, and I'm liking the mix up between the older TR and the new TP. While the newer ones aren't so deathly threatening, Jessies/James/Meowth are pretty balanced.

    Nanette was hilarious; poor girl wouldn't stop worrying about anything. It did get a little annoying at the middle of the episode. But I'm glad she picked herself up, and gained some confidence.

    Good episode, loved it.

    N appearing at the end was pretty cool. Since I'm cosplaying as him for a con in this Summer, I got a better view at what his shoes should look like. Thanks, N!

    N cosplay should be fun I liked how TR were done too. Good balance.




    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I don't want freaking Ben Tennyson stuck in N's body. (Somehow, this joke makes sense).

    The voice has to be slightly creepy. Maybe they'll end up using the one in the B2W2 trailer.
    Tom Wayland?

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    what do you mean by Virgil treatment?
    I thought Virgil's dub voice came across as obnoxious when he's supposed to be kind of calm and mature.

    Maybe it was just me.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013


    Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    Okay, I'll grant the script writer that ONE TRio alliteration. I only hope that's one of few if any...

  19. #194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    I thought Virgil's dub voice came across as obnoxious when he's supposed to be kind of calm and mature.

    Maybe it was just me.
    Maybe it was just me, but he kind of sounded like Trip except with a bright personality.

    Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

    Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    It's too bad Stuart couldn't voice Oak but I suppose it'd be inconsistent in this dub. Oh well...

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,387

    Default

    The dub wasn't too bad. Was Nanette also voiced by the same chick whom voices Iris? She sounded similar. I like how Ash was such a gentleman with her.

    Random : PokéRadar


  22. #197
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    Best part of this episode? TR's motto & Frillish
    Worst part of this episode? Everything else, especially Nanette. Children find this stuff funny?

  23. #198
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Worst part of this episode? Everything else, especially Nanette. Children find this stuff funny?
    I found some of the things Nanette did funny lol. But I laugh at a lot of things.

    But this episode really proves how well Team Rocket can handle their Pokemon. All of Episode N is exactly how I feel TRio should be treated. And hearing the old motto in english was great.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Fine episode. There were funny parts of it, yes. Nanette was annoying in the first half of the episode, though. Great to hear Team Rocket using their original motto, it's been a long time since they last did that motto.

    Nice to see Cheren being mentioned, too. And at the end with N, oh boy, next week is where it really starts.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In the Canalava Mines
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    It's too bad Stuart couldn't voice Oak but I suppose it'd be inconsistent in this dub. Oh well...
    I knew his voiced sounds different. Kind of saddening, and I'm assuming he's got a new voice actor?

    ~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •