Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

I thought this episode was meh. The new trainer as worrying about the most simple things which was really annoying.
    Last edited by Sushi; 21st April 2013 at 9:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    did the team rocket song play in the background during the episode?
    No, I'm pretty sure it's the theme from the best wishes motto, but it's still good to have the old motto back. Also, they made N's cliffhanger intro pretty intense.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure it's the theme from the best wishes motto, but it's still good to have the old motto back. Also, they made N's cliffhanger intro pretty intense.
    i meant during the battle, before rival destinies starts playing
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    I thought this episode was meh. The new trainer was one freakin' annoying b*****. I mean, calm the f*** down. She was worrying about the most simple things which was really annoying.
    Geez mad much? She was fine better then Iris at least.

Ok I'm going to say what we are all thinking!

Goddamn It James you messed up! It is To Unite All People Not Unite THE People? I know it has bee years but dude come on! You are killing me!~

As for N my body had this weird sensation when he appeared lol

Also what was with Ash being more of his AG/DP persona?

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    i meant during the battle, before rival destinies starts playing
    Yea I know, the best wishes motto theme played During that, instead of the original motto theme.

Named Admiral Sentret

Is that you as Nanette (sp?), Cristina Vee? Even though she was Layla already before...
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    Is that you as Nanette (sp?), Cristina Vee? Even though she was Layla already before...
    O.O Cristina Vee was on Pokemon?!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    O.O Cristina Vee was on Pokemon?!
    She was Layla in Unrest at the Nursery.

Forgot about that role, so I thought Nanette (Natasha?) was her. Kinda not so sure anymore now that I remembered Layla.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    She was Layla in Unrest at the Nursery.

Forgot about that role, so I thought Nanette (Natasha?) was her. Kinda not so sure anymore now that I remembered Layla.
    At times I thought it Stephanie Shea but idk.

Where are people getting the wrong english names from? Everyone thought her name was Natasha and I remember people thinking Cameron's name was Ralphie at one point. Is there a site or something giving out wrong dub names? JW

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    I'll need to give the episode another listen.

Where are people getting the wrong english names from? Everyone thought her name was Natasha and I remember people thinking Cameron's name was Ralphie at one point. Is there a site or something giving out wrong dub names? JW
    Yeah, I often go to Bulbapedia for the spellings of one-off characters, and I was pretty confused looking at this episode's page and not finding Nanette anywhere. Then I went, "Who's Natasha?"

Ralphie sounds like a good name for Cameron actually.

The Episode N arc begins. That Nanette girl was really shy. And Team Rocket used their old motto and used their old balloon instead of their jetpacks. Maybe we'll see the old Team Rocket again? It was a good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    The Episode N arc begins. That Nanette girl was really shy. And Team Rocket used their old motto and used their old balloon instead of their jetpacks. Maybe we'll see the old Team Rocket again? It was a good episode.
    I like how it was a fusion old rockets and new. Like they were funny like OS-A Rocket but had the same skills as BW Rocket. I can live with this. wish N said one thing. I'm dying to find out who is doing him. Hoping it is Vic but idk. I know Tom Wayland did him in the BW2 special but Elesa and Bianca had different voices in that so not sure Tom is doing N,

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Ralphie sounds like a good name for Cameron actually.
    Cameron would of been good for Trip since he uses a camera lol

Dear Arceus, this was actually a great episode. I would definitely place this in my Top 10 for Best Wishes. It started off with Stunfisk laughing like a maniac whenever it got hit by Thunderbolt or Discharge and it only improved from there. Nanette was one of the rare good CotDs, having a unique and funny personality and getting genuine character development over the course of the episode. Unfezant took several levels in bad*** in this episode. And, best of all, the Team Rocket of old has returned! They're chasing Pikachu, cracking jokes, speaking in alliteration and rhymes, flying in the Meowth balloon, and even blasting off again! And despite all that, they're still managing to keep up their more threatening demeanor from the rest of BW. All in all, it's a triumphant return if I ever saw one!

Oh, and N. N is awesome too, honestly, but his brief appearance paled in comparison to the rest of this episode.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

I can tell that the animators reused old character models outside of battles. That (male!) Snivy appearing, for example, was already used a long time ago...but maybe I'm being too nitpicky.

Oh, Iris and Cilan, you two have such important goals that it looks like you're finally doing something! Especially you, Cilan!

Spoiler:- :

Poor children living outside Japan. The opening didn't get a makeover, and now they'll be left wondering when Trip and Bianca are going to appear again. Too bad they all died offscreen.

So, is there any reason they're taking a detour to Aspertia City? To think they were close to Dragonspiral Tower right around the corner...

Oh yeah, that's the other thing I liked about the episode. This is really one of Ash's least selfish decisions he's made when it comes to his post-League travels. At the ends of all the other regions, he was immediately ready to head off on some new adventure, hunting badges of some kind (or symbols, don't nitpick!). But now, instead of rushing off to a new region, he's sticking with Iris and Cilan on their travels just so he can help them train for their goals. That's certainly an interesting twist on the way things normally go in the anime.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Oh yeah, that's the other thing I liked about the episode. This is really one of Ash's least selfish decisions he's made when it comes to his post-League travels. At the ends of all the other regions, he was immediately ready to head off on some new adventure, hunting badges of some kind (or symbols, don't nitpick!). But now, instead of rushing off to a new region, he's sticking with Iris and Cilan on their travels just so he can help them train for their goals. That's certainly an interesting twist on the way things normally go in the anime.
    It has nothing to do with ash being non-selfish. It's only because they have to have filler all the way until XY.

And I wonder who will voice N and cheren.

Named Admiral Sentret

Also...

Jessie: That Pikachu is full of possibilities.

Are you kidding me? This damned Pikachu can't win a league even if his life depended on it! What the heck is so important about this one? Maybe they want to recreate the Electro Spirit Bomb, but seriously, I can't take these guys seriously anymore... Oh well. I'm partially glad that Ash's training dummies are back.

Pros:
    -Everything about Team Rocket (their return, 2 new Pokémon, Kanto Motto, the challenge they presented)
    -The COTD was awesome. She had some really cool moments.
    -Seeing characters such as N, Muk, Oak, Cedric, and Juniper.
    -The music they played during the fight with TR (the Rival Destinies music).
    -Setting off on a new journey.
    -Hearing about the White Ruins and Reshiram from Cedric.

Cons:
    -Not updating the opening to include Plasma scenes.
    -The tag battle being interrupted by Plasma.
    -We need to wait another week to hear N's voice.

Kind of disappointed that the opening didn't get edited at all. We might not even see bianca, stephan, or trip again in the series.

Named Admiral Sentret

I loved this episode. I didn't like the new girl and hope we don't have to see her again. It was nice seeing a male Snivy again and I was laughed when Stunfisk enjoyed being shocked by Pikachu. Tepig's reaction when he was asked to use Thunder was also hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    It has nothing to do with ash being non-selfish. It's only because they have to have filler all the way until XY.

And I wonder who will voice N and cheren.
    Doubt the arc is all filler plus if it is character growth for C or I it is non filler

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Also...

Jessie: That Pikachu is full of possibilities.

Are you kidding me? This damned Pikachu can't win a league even if his life depended on it! What the heck is so important about this one? Maybe they want to recreate the Electro Spirit Bomb, but seriously, I can't take these guys seriously anymore... Oh well. I'm partially glad that Ash's training dummies are back.
    Pikachu and Ash have saved the world many times the only issue with them winning a league is the writers. any shows worst enemy

PLEASELETNBEVOICEDWELL, PLEASELETNBEVOICEDWELL, etc...

Doubt the arc is all filler plus if it is character growth for C or I it is non filler

Um....well, I cant really respond to that because I'm assuming you don't watch sub'd or see the episode screencaps, and I don't want to put any spoilers. Well I guess you'll find out.

Spoiler:- :
    Last edited by yuoke; 20th April 2013 at 9:08 PM.

Named Admiral Sentret

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast