Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What were the reasons you wanted to see the TR vs TP two-parter?

Default What were the reasons you wanted to see the TR vs TP two-parter?

Yeah, this is another thread on the infamous episodes.

Out of curiosity, and putting aside any generic answers that you simply just wanted to watch the episodes, what were the reasons you did want to watch them?

For me:

1. Looker returned. At the time people argued about BW being a reboot, this would have confirmed otherwise right there and then. It's a shame we had no other character return until BW2/BW87. This made BW feel a lot different and disappointing in my opinion. Barely any references were made, Looker would have settled that.
    2. Team Plasma were finally appearing.
    3. Giovanni was marking his first major role returning in the Anime since Mewtwo Returns in Johto, it also marked Ash potentially meeting him again properly this time however.
    4. Team Rocket vs Team Plasma was taking place, this was the first rivalry we'd seen between Villainous Teams which is sure to have been entertaining with Ash and Co. caught inbetween.
    5. The Meteonites Mystery was finally going to be reveiled, which looked extremely interesting. Personally, I always got a vibe that Genesect (and potentially Mewtwo) could have been related to it.
    6. Pikachu's powered up Quick Attack looked awesome, an explanation to such power would have been cool.
    7. Krokorok was returning again. Krokorok was awesome at the time (still is now). It's just a shame he didn't return until BW067. It was a long wait just for him to be captured. It took away the feeling of him being a reccuring Pokemon.

Last but not least:

8. The episodes storyline in general looked amazing. The build-up from BW001 was finally going to be concluded in an epic way. The animation looked incredible and different for whatever reason and i couldn't wait to watch them.

For starters looker. He's one of my favourite characters so any appearance is fantastic. I was really looking forward to the possibility of him locking horns with Giovanni. Combine that with the fact that plasma is my favourite villainous team, with TR (Trio aside) in close second so then facing off was something else that held my interest.

Plus everything we saw about the eps made it look freaking amazing

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    For starters looker. He's one of my favourite characters so any appearance is fantastic.
    He may not be one of my favourite characters, but i was more than happy to see him return for the reason i listed above (1).

It had action involving more than just random cute pokemon.

The reason I wanted to see them was because of the story. Team Rocket had become such a serious threat now after so long. Giovanni was finally back and making an actual appearance in person. The Metonite story was getting interesting to the point I thought it contained something linked to Zekrom/Reshiram. The scenes we saw of the conflict with both teams seemed so fresh: First we had 2 teams in conflict that wasnt in the games or manga. Then the mascarade party felt like something out of a film followed by that Plasma helicopter attack which all felt like new ground for this anime.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    At the time people argued about BW being a reboot
    Which was a stupid claim to start with.

it also marked Ash potentially meeting him again properly this time however.
    Actually, there was never any indication Ash met Giovanni in this two-parter. The only ones confirmed to be in a room with him were Looker, Juniper, and Cilan.

Team Rocket vs Team Plasma was taking place, this was the first rivalry we'd seen between Villainous Teams which is sure to have been entertaining with Ash and Co. caught inbetween.
    What about Team Aqua vs. Team Magma? Oh right, you said the first rivalry which would be entertaining. OK, I understand now. :P

The episodes storyline in general looked amazing. The build-up from BW001 was finally going to be concluded in an epic way. The animation looked incredible and different for whatever reason and i couldn't wait to watch them.
    That's the reason I still want to see them, retconned in placement or not.

Right now the main reason for me to want to see them is a possible explanation for all of the weird stuff that went down after them. TRio's white uniforms, Giovanni's absence till Operation Tempest, disappearance of Pierce and absence of Plasma until Episode N.

Overall though they would've most likely just been really entertaining episodes to watch, which is the main thing that matters.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Which was a stupid claim to start with.
    Agreed. I remember repeating the facts countless times on why it wasn't a reboot. Looker returning would have saved me them posts.

Actually, there was never any indication Ash met Giovanni in this two-parter. The only ones confirmed to be in a room with him were Looker, Juniper, and Cilan.
    I know there was never any indication. But what i meant is it would be the second proper plot where Ash and Giovanni would ever be involved in the same episode since Mewtwo Returns (which was the first time with a 5 second meeting). I think it's guaranteed they would have met at least once. Since these events didn't happen Meloetta and the Undersea Temple took the title of them meeting.

What about Team Aqua vs. Team Magma? Oh right, you said the first rivalry which would be entertaining. OK, I understand now. :P
    Oops, completely blanked that. Yeah good save, i meant entertaining haha (joke it was quite good).

That's the reason I still want to see them, retconned in placement or not.
    I just want to see them.

I'm not bothered whether they are counted as canon or not. Like i said in the other thread, i'll act as if they did happen and remove the edits/retcons in the other episodes.

Agreed. I remember repeating the facts countless times on why it wasn't a reboot. Looker returning would have saved me them posts.
    I'd say the appearance of Matori (Giovanni's secretary) in the last episode of DP already showed BW wasn't a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    I'd say the appearance of Matori (Giovanni's secretary) in the last episode of DP already showed BW wasn't a reboot.
    That was one of the many points i listed. I'm tempted to look up my old posts to see exactly what i did keep saying at the time haha.

The return of Looker
    BW1 Team Plasma appearing
    The apparent rivalry between Team Rocket and Team Plasma.
    The story build up from the past episodes.
    The story plot and action that was going to take place.
    Also I hoped for an appearance from the BW1 version of N.
    It was very disappointing that these 2 episodes didn't air.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

rivalry between Team Rocket and Team Plasma.
    Team Plasma (they are one of my favorite teams)
    TRio's team up
    Ghetsis (if he were to appear)
    岩根雅明=♡

1. The epic-looking, lazer-filled showdown between TR and TP
    2. A really interesting plot
    3. The reappearance of several important characters (Gio, Looker, etc)
    4. Team Plasma finally shows up.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

Well for starters, it would've marked the first time I thought TR was badass since I first saw them in their debut episode. I mean Jesse used a cannon that could've destroyed Castelia City, like that's epic.

Plus, if those episodes would have aired, I'm sure we would have gotten N and Ghetsis (BW) moments a lot earlier, which could have been great for Best Wishes' overall story.

Because it looked amazing. Seriously, it's not often that we have a good villain plot within the first 25 episodes of a saga, and this two-parter looked like it was only beginning the Rocket/Plasma feud.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Plus, if those episodes would have aired, I'm sure we would have gotten N and Ghetsis (BW) moments a lot earlier, which could have been great for Best Wishes' overall story.
    I agree. I know people claim things wouldn't be any different, but it really seems like stuff was lacking from BW1, and characters such as N and Ghetis not even having a minor role might have been why.

^ yeah I would have liked to see the BW1 Plasma story should they work it in. but maybe they are combining them together. Not sure.
    岩根雅明=♡

Mainly because it looked epic. Also, because I wanted to see Team Plasma in the anime.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

The story in Black and White 2 was probably my favorite Pokemon game story ever, but it is very much predicated on the events of Black and White. Trying to have Team Neo Plasma come in right away without laying out the groundwork for Team Plasma's agenda takes away from what makes them unique.

It's less of a problem now that we know how short the arc is going to be, but it still would've been good to establish some backstory.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    The story in Black and White 2 was probably my favorite Pokemon game story ever, but it is very much predicated on the events of Black and White. Trying to have Team Neo Plasma come in right away without laying out the groundwork for Team Plasma's agenda takes away from what makes them unique.

It's less of a problem now that we know how short the arc is going to be, but it still would've been good to establish some backstory.
    Agreed.

It should be noted how Neo-Team Plasma are simply called Team Plasma in Episode N Episode 4.

It should be noted how Neo-Team Plasma are simply called Team Plasma in Episode N Episode 4.
    They were just Team Plasma in BW2 right?

Anyways, I was pretty pumped about getting the original Team Plasma episodes when they were announced because I always look forward to the evil Teams in the anime.
    Last edited by diakyu; 18th February 2013 at 10:54 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    They were just Team Plasma in BW2 right?
    Yeah. Neo Team Plasma is just a fan term used to distinguish the white Team Plasma from the black one.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Damn, the fan term has stuck to me and i actually thought they were called Neo-Team Plasma.

I am hoping there will be a TRVSTP in a reedited and more important to the story than what it was originally be.
    I think Giovonni might of lied about "there done in Unova" I think he might picked up the Metonite and stored it away for just in case everything else fails like if the Nimbasa Underground failed or the first attempt to capture the Kami Pokémon or trying to go back in time to turn the Fossil Pokémon evil or something or even the huge method aside from the metonite they have right now waiting for it's time to come to take over Unova with the Tempest mission. I think they wanted to use the metonite now but since they were aware of the police and Team Plasma, (who are hiding) they had to postpone the mission so the mission is aborted for now and they let the TRio to do what ever they want. I think the episodes will air at some point before the XY Saga, or it might be involved in the movie (Like how it's not just the Pokémon in the movie that are important to the story, it's also something else like Molly's Sheer Loneliness in M03, The Soul Dew and it's powers in M05, Butler's Wish in M06, The Tree of Beginning in M08, The Sea Temple in M09, Oracion in M10, The Reverse World in M11, The Jewel of Life in M12, The Time Ripple in M13 and The Sword of the Vale and what will happen if taken out of it's pedestal in the M14 duel. Like them, you don't usually hear about them during the announcement time until the first full Trailer and the updated Movie website in early March) or it might be turned into Ghestis's revenge arc before the XY saga if the metonite has something to do with Kyurem and Ghestis wants it and lure Team Rocket back to Unova to take it and use it on Kyurme.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    I am hoping there will be a TRVSTP in a reedited and more important to the story than what it was originally be.
    I think Giovonni might of lied about "there done in Unova" I think he might picked up the Metonite and stored it away for just in case everything else fails like if the Nimbasa Underground failed or the first attempt to capture the Kami Pokémon or trying to go back in time to turn the Fossil Pokémon evil or something or even the huge method aside from the metonite they have right now waiting for it's time to come to take over Unova with the Tempest mission. I think they wanted to use the metonite now but since they were aware of the police and Team Plasma, (who are hiding) they had to postpone the mission so the mission is aborted for now and they let the TRio to do what ever they want. I think the episodes will air at some point before the XY Saga, or it might be involved in the movie (Like how it's not just the Pokémon in the movie that are important to the story, it's also something else like Molly's Sheer Loneliness in M03, The Soul Dew and it's powers in M05, Butler's Wish in M06, The Tree of Beginning in M08, The Sea Temple in M09, Oracion in M10, The Reverse World in M11, The Jewel of Life in M12, The Time Ripple in M13 and The Sword of the Vale and what will happen if taken out of it's pedestal in the M14 duel. Like them, you don't usually hear about them during the announcement time until the first full Trailer and the updated Movie website in early March) or it might be turned into Ghestis's revenge arc before the XY saga if the metonite has something to do with Kyurem and Ghestis wants it and lure Team Rocket back to Unova to take it and use it on Kyurme.
    I don't think Giovanni ever said they were done in Unova.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast