Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Are edited TR vs TP episodes a possibility with the new opening?

Things look so bright right now, but i don't want to risk hyping myself.

I'll wait and see, hopefully we'll know by next week.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    The only Season 2 episode that TR had a big role in was Giovanni's episode, and he wasn't in that opening either.
    Ya but there was no villain plot that was the center of the story in the rest of BW.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Look behind Ghetsis. It's the walls of the castle. The castle that Reishiram burns to the ground. It's a flashback.
    I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can tell what kind of building it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ya but there was no villain plot that was the center of the story in the rest of BW.
    Um, Team Rocket's plot was the big villain plot at the center of the story, especially during Best Wishes Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can tell what kind of building it is.
    Elementary, my dear Kein. The square-tiled wall design and dulled greenish coloring are very suggestive of a castle.

Plus, we see Ghetsis speaking to child N in another picture; his close-up is likely from that same scene.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 20th February 2013 at 7:03 PM.

Um, Team Rocket's plot was the big villain plot at the center of the story, especially during Best Wishes Season 2.
    No, for the most part, it was the Ash and crew show with TR just attacking every few episodes. This TP arc, there is a villain plot that is pretty much the center of attention.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

No, for the most part, it was the Ash and crew show with TR just attacking every few episodes. This TP arc, there is a villain plot that is pretty much the center of attention.
    Team Galactic just attacked every few episodes too, rather than being a central plot. Yet they got on an Opening. You're really overthinking this.

Team Galactic just attacked every few episodes too, rather than being a central plot. Yet they got on an Opening. You're really overthinking this.
    My whole point though is that for Giovannic to be absent from an arc this important was be a travesty. Especially since he appeared in the now rather unimportant Meleotta two parter.

I feel I should also point out the official press release for Episode N:

The story of this new arc: Following the Isshu League Higaki Tournament, Satoshi and friends set out on a new journey towards the 'White Ruins' discovered by Professor Araragi's father, a place connected to Reshiram, a Pokémon called legendary. Then they meet the mysterious youth N, who claims he can understand what Pokémon are saying. And then the group gets involved in an ominous experiment on Pokémon conducted by the Plasma Gang! Through the works of the mysterious scientist Achroma, even Pikachu and Kibago become hostile towards Satoshi and friends!? What are the true ambitions of the Plasma Gang's leader Ghetsis, who reveals the gang has been searching for N!? Also, the Rocket Gang trio makes their return to the Isshu Region!! Their current mission puts them at odds with the Plasma Gang... how will the resulting battle turn out!?
    That last event is listed directly following "What are the true ambitions of Ghetsis", which is referencing the upcoming March 14th episode (even titled "Team Plasma's Ambition").

Make of that what you will

My whole point though is that for Giovannic to be absent from an arc this important was be a travesty. Especially since he appeared in the now rather unimportant Meleotta two parter.
    I must remind you that he's on the new Episode N-based Team Rocket bio on the official site. That indicates he'll be showing up.

And "rather unimportant"? Just because it wasn't the end of Team Rocket? It still resolved an arc that'd been going on for dozens of episodes, and Ash faced Giovanni.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 20th February 2013 at 7:09 PM.

I feel I should also point out the official press release for Episode N:

That last event is listed directly following "What are the true ambitions of Ghetsis", which is referencing the upcoming March 14th episode (even titled "Team Plasma's Ambition").

Make of that what you will

I must remind you that he's on the new Episode N-based Team Rocket bio on the official site. That indicates he'll be showing up.

And "rather unimportant"? Just because it wasn't the end of Team Rocket? It still resolved an arc that'd been going on for dozens of episodes, and Ash faced Giovanni.
    I didn't know about this...yay!!

Pretty much. I mean they hypped it up to be something it wasn't making it pretty much redundent. And u calling that travesty a battle is really sad lol.

Elementary, my dear Kein. The square-tiled wall design and dulled greenish coloring are very suggestive of a castle.
    Suggestive perhaps, but there are normal buildings with that kind of wall design. This reminds me of people saying that N debut would in the league since the background of the picture where he petted Pikachu looked like a stadium. This sort of attention to details is misleading more often than not.

Plus, we see Ghetsis speaking to child N in another picture; his close-up is likely from that same scene.
    I doubt that since the wall in that picture is azure-colored.
    Last edited by Kein; 20th February 2013 at 7:24 PM.

I didn't know about this...yay!
    Here, see for yourself.

I doubt that since the wall in that picture is azure-colored.
    That's the ground, not the wall.

And even if it wasn't, then the shot could be from N's coronation or whatever the heck was going on right before Reishiram came and committed arson.

Here, see for yourself.

And even if it wasn't, then the shot could be from N's coronation or whatever the heck was going on right before Reishiram came and committed arson.
    This gives me hope .

The yellow line seems to be the border of the wall.

Their current mission puts them at odds with the Plasma Gang... how will the resulting battle turn out!?
    We've seen them operate without Giovanni and we know that they will join Looker. Giovanni doesn't have to be involved.

Not really. If he is going to appear after Episode N, it makes sense that he wouldn't be removed from the official site just for the duration of Episode N. It's just like how Professor Oak was still on the page for Season 2 even though he didn't appear in that batch of episodes. The new Team Rocket biography doesn't mention Giovanni at all.

We've seen them operate without Giovanni and we know that they will join Looker. Giovanni doesn't have to be involved.
    It's getting increasingly obvious them "joining Looker" will only be in the three-part TP finale just like it was in the three-part TG finale. It's not going to be a long-lasting thing.

Not really. If he is going to appear after Episode N, it makes sense that he wouldn't be removed from the official site just for the duration of Episode N. It's just like how Professor Oak was still on the page for Season 2 even though he didn't appear in that batch of episodes.
    Keeping an old Oak bio is one thing: making a totally new bio relating specifically to Episode N and keeping Giovanni's image and name there is another.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 20th February 2013 at 7:38 PM.

It's getting increasingly obvious them "joining Looker" will only be in the three-part TP finale just like it was in the three-part TG finale. It's not going to be a long-lasting thing.
    It is still the culmination of Team Rocket's role in Episode N. It could easily be their biggest contribution to bringing down Team Plasma. Like it or not, the opening hypes that rather than Team Rocket's role in any hypothetical two-parter.

Keeping an old Oak bio is one thing: making a totally new bio relating specifically to Episode N and keeping Giovanni's image and name there is another.
    You'd have a point if Giovanni were actually mentioned in the biography. As it stands, the image is just a reminder that Giovanni is Team Rocket's driving force as he always has been, even in sagas where didn't appear in person.

It is still the culmination of Team Rocket's role in Episode N. It could easily be their biggest contribution to bringing down Team Plasma. Like it or not, the opening hypes that rather than Team Rocket's role in any hypothetical two-parter.
    They need a reason to join Looker though. They have to fight Team Plasma on their own first, and fail HARD.

Like it or not, the opening also shows a scene lifted straight from the two-parter directly before the Genesect appearance and before the White Ruins stuff.

You'd have a point if Giovanni were actually mentioned in the biography. As it stands, the image is just a reminder that Giovanni is Team Rocket's driving force as he always has been, even in sagas where didn't appear in person.
    Jessie, James, and Meowth technically aren't actually mentioned by name in that biography either, you know. It just says "an evil organization".

There's 2 outcomes: they use this opportunity and go ahead with a edited TR VS TP since as it was said before all the pieces are in place. Or they waste it and create something we didnt see coming but still used scenes based of the 2 parter.

We knew about Giovanni appearing in BW season 2 for a while before hand, but he did appear pretty suddenly when the time came so it could happen again. Im all in favour of these episodes happening in some way. I just dont want to get my hopes up on this even though it seems sooo close to happening. Giovanni appearing would be the icing on the cake for me.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

They need a reason to join Looker though. They have to fight Team Plasma on their own first, and fail HARD.
    Wait, so you think that Giovanni will lose badly to Team Plasma? Is that what you think was the original case? Team Plasma being MIA until Episode N certainly doesn't suggest that, and you've said many times that you don't think the writers' plan changed as far as the first season is concerned.

If the whole point of Team Rocket's role is to get them motivated to cooperate with Looker, what would be the point of Giovanni's involvement? We've already seen them lose to Team Plasma, and it could happen again in Castelia with or without Giovanni. You don't think that this will be the end of Giovanni, do you? Because that wouldn't make sense at all, if only because Best Wishes will continue after Episode N.

Like it or not, the opening also shows a scene lifted straight from the two-parter directly before the Genesect appearance and before the White Ruins stuff.
    Reused animation doesn't have to mean anything, and the opening is inaccurate. We know that Team Plasma will attack Castelia, but that could easily be wrapped up in the March 14th episode. In the original two parter, Team Plasma were supposed to make their grand entrance in the helicopter scene, but that wouldn't be the case here if you were proven right.

Jessie, James, and Meowth technically aren't actually mentioned by name in that biography either, you know. It just says "an evil organization".
    You do realize that the biography talks about their pursuit of Pikachu on the Meowth balloon, right?

Wait, so you think that Giovanni will lose badly to Team Plasma? Is that what you think was the original case? Team Plasma being MIA until Episode N certainly doesn't suggest that, and you've said many times that you don't think the writers' plan changed as far as the first season is concerned.
    Yes, since he stopped appearing in the show for a long while afterward. Though I think in the original, TP lost just as badly, which is why they went MIA along with Giovanni.

We've already seen them lose to Team Plasma
    Getting blasted off by a missile isn't "losing", since they didn't battle and, more to the point, they badly crippled TP's plans too.

You don't think that this will be the end of Giovanni, do you? Because that wouldn't make sense at all, if only because Best Wishes will continue after Episode N.
    I never said it would be the end of Giovanni.

We know that Team Plasma will attack Castelia, but that could easily be wrapped up in the March 14th episode.
    But they aren't actually "attacking" Castelia in that episode; they're just doing the mind control experiment again but on a larger scale; it's in the title.

In the original two parter, Team Plasma were supposed to make their grand entrance in the helicopter scene, but that wouldn't be the case here if you were proven right.
    Er, no, Team Plasma and Liepard were seen in the Desert Resort before the helicopter scene. It's not a grand entrance, it's just an attack on Team Rocket.

You do realize that the biography talks about their pursuit of Pikachu on the Meowth balloon, right?
    But it doesn't refer to any of them by name. Your logic about Giovanni not being named in the description meaning he won't show up is therefore a moot point.

I thought in the TG finale, they didn't *actually* team up with him, I felt they just went for the ride. I thought this time, they were going to actually *work* together.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I thought in the TG finale, they didn't *actually* team up with him, I felt they just went for the ride. I thought this time, they were going to actually *work* together.
    They worked with him in the TG finale too, providing disguises. It just didn't work out very well at all and they got tossed right back into TG's prison.

I imagine they may have worked together in the TR vs TP two-parter, shame we never got to see it at the time.

They worked with him in the TG finale too, providing disguises. It just didn't work out very well at all and they got tossed right back into TG's prison.
    For which I was honestly shocked when they were found out in the disguises. But yeah, I pretty much saw that part.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I imagine they may have worked together in the TR vs TP two-parter, shame we never got to see it at the time.
    Er, no, the trailer clearly showed they were not working together. Looker was with Ash and co. in a car while TR was fighting TP.

Er, no, the trailer clearly showed they were not working together. Looker was with Ash and co. in a car while TR was fighting TP.
    Yeah i know, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if at somepoint they worked together.

I know you have a great insight on the episodes AP, but don't act like you know this never happened. There was 35 minutes worth of footage we never got to see.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast