Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Are edited TR vs TP episodes a possibility with the new opening?

It turns out that Ash and co. are going to accompany N to Driftveil City, so the March 21rd episode will definitely take not take place in Castelia City. I assume that the forest is located near Driftveil, which makes sense as Anthea and Concordia live in that city in B2W2.

As for the March 28th episode, either it won't take place in Castelia or Ash and co. will be absent (the latter possibility being unlikely). Either way, this is another major difference from the original two-parter.

Well, I guess we'll never see anything even close to the TR vs TP two parter anymore. Just small snippets of the episodes spread in other episodes (Meloetta two-parter, Looker vs Colress, BW2N Opening...)

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Well, I guess we'll never see anything even close to the TR vs TP two parter anymore. Just small snippets of the episodes spread in other episodes (Meloetta two-parter, Looker vs Colress, BW2N Opening...)
    The episode was to badass to be true @_@.

Thats a big amount of travelling to cover in only a few episodes unless they're going by boat from Castelia. Wasnt there also a rumor going by magazine scans that N could leave with Plasma during one of the Castelia episodes and then Ash and Co. would catch up by the 3 part finale? It may have been said cause we know the white ruins are near Dragonspiral Tower so have Ash and Co and N together, go to Casteila then get a boat to Driftveil.

Personally there's way too much evidence that were in Casteila for the TR VS TP episode. Intros, Genesect, setting, characters present, air date.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    The episode was to badass to be true @_@.
    I couldn't agree with this anymore.

We have a lot of good episodes don't get me wrong, but these episodes inparticular looked incredibly badass and a lot more mature than the past three sagas in a long time.

I couldn't agree with this anymore.

We have a lot of good episodes don't get me wrong, but these episodes inparticular looked incredibly badass and a lot more mature than the past three sagas in a long time.
    Guys seriously your acting like its been cancelled again, we only have an episode title we dont know whats gonna happen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    Guys seriously your acting like its been cancelled again, we only have an episode title we dont know whats gonna happen yet.
    It's been cancelled full stop.

We've had solid confirmation that they don't exist in the anime anymore. Looker introduced himself to Cilan and Iris, and told everybody about Team Plasma for the first time. They're gone. We have a gaping plot hole in the anime now.

Exactly what would we have missed out on besides the Meteorite getting blown up and everyone walking off into the sunset never to speak of the event again?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Exactly what would we have missed out on besides the Meteorite getting blown up and everyone walking off into the sunset never to speak of the event again?
    People just want to see them. It could've turned out badly or anti-climatic for all we know. They just want to see it because they just want to.

But yeah, it looks like it's been cancelled. TR vs TP is a very generic title, so I don't expect it to be retconned again.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Most people know the original episodes are gone, Im more interested in what they're gonna make out of revamped footage from it like the opening scene in the copter. Lets see if what they've made for this TR, TP conflict is perhaps even better than what we could have got years ago. Feels weird almost 2 years to the date it would have aired and they used that title. I would rather see a genesect plot involved instead of the metornite, ok sure big plot hole and whatever, fighting over legendary pokemon sounds more interesting especially when its one team wanting another's creation for their own needs.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    TR vs TP is a very generic title, so I don't expect it to be retconned again.
    Except, again, it's NOT generic when it was given to a two-parter that damn near EVERY fan who has watched BW from the beginning knows about.

Do you honestly think they'd give that name to the Genesect debut episode AND put that Liepard scene in the OP along with the Genesect, and NOT have it relate to the two-parter? The anime staff is not out of touch with reality. They KNOW many fans know about the two-parter and want to see it, and chances are they're going to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Except, again, it's NOT generic when it was given to a two-parter that damn near EVERY fan who has watched BW from the beginning knows about.

Do you honestly think they'd give that name to the Genesect debut episode AND put that Liepard scene in the OP along with the Genesect, and NOT have it relate to the two-parter? The anime staff is not out of touch with reality. They KNOW many fans know about the two-parter and want to see it, and chances are they're going to do something about it.
    Its literally the 2 year anniversary of the originals getting pulled, plus that title, sure its got Meowth and Colress but thats probably at the end of the episode.

There was nothing from it in Looker vs Colress. Looker's intro in the two-parter was giving Juniper and Jenny a lift in his a car and handing his badge over to Juniper while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    It turns out that Ash and co. are going to accompany N to Driftveil City, so the March 21rd episode will definitely take not take place in Castelia City.
    It's actually much more likely that the Kanto Fair is in Driftveil City. The March 14 episode is confirmed for Castelia, the text for the Team Plasma bio in that character bio page in Pokefan magazine flat-out had the Japanese word for "Hiun City". Seriously, why go to Castelia and THEN Driftveil? It makes much more sense for it to be the other way around.

I assume that the forest is located near Driftveil, which makes sense as Anthea and Concordia live in that city in B2W2.
    Again, we have no idea whether they actually GO to that forest or if it's all in N's flashback. Your logic of "he looks exactly the same as he does now" doesn't wash, since he looked exactly as he does now in the end credits too, which clearly showed stuff that transpired BEFORE he set off on his current journey.

A two-parter is always announced as such to begin with. There would be two titles with "Part 1" and "Part 2".
    No, I don't recall either of the two two-parters that aired on the same day (the Battle Subwy one and the Virbank Gym one) being announced on the Pokemon site before (they got announced in magazines), and when they were listed on the TV Tokyo site's schedule, they were listed as one thing, with no "Part 1" and "Part 2" given.

You mean Pinwheel Forest?
    No, I mean the freaking forest in the back of the city. It was even shown in the two-parter trailer when the city was getting devastated.

You very well could be right that the city N looked out on in the credits wasn't Castelia, but I think the one Iris, Ash, and Cilan were shopping in clearly was.

Also, here's a thought: what if this forest is Lostlorn Forest? That'd put it near enough Castelia and the Desert Resort.

The second part of the title and the fact that this isn't a two-parter point out the differences more than anything.
    The addition to a title makes a difference? I guess the fishing episode was different for removing part of the title, then ("Fishing Competition in Castelia City!")
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 23rd February 2013 at 7:31 PM.

There was nothing from it in Looker vs Colress.
    Not true, there was an image where he holds his badge up exactly how he did in Looker vs Colress, presumably showing it to Iris and Cilan.

I'll hunt for it now.

AgentPierce I know we only got the title a few days ago but when would u expect more info to be released in some form or another so all these arguments over cites, 2 parters etc can end?

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    when would u expect more info to be released in some form or another so all these arguments over cites, 2 parters etc can end?
    In the actual month of March, I'd presume.

It's actually much more likely that the Kanto Fair is in Driftveil City. The March 14 episode is confirmed for Castelia, the text for the Team Plasma bio in that character bio page in Pokefan magazine flat-out had the Japanese word for "Hiun City". Seriously, why go to Castelia and THEN Driftveil? It makes much more sense for it to be the other way around.
    Virbank is closer to Castelia than to Driftveil, while the White Ruins are closer to Driftveil than to Castelia. How would it make sense to go to Driftveil, then back south to Castelia, and only then head north to the White Ruins? Ash and co. decided to follow N to Driftveil because it's on their way to the White Ruins. In theory the plot could just justify an unexpected return to Castelia (although that sort of impromptu decision hardly ever happens), but if you were right, why would N even need to go to Driftveil? The Kanto Fair could be held anywhere, and I highly doubt that N cares much about it. It is unlikely that the Kanto Fair episode will have room for whatever it is that N wants to do in Driftveil.

As for why the group would need to go to Castelia before Driftveil, that's easy: Relic Passage is a direct path from Castelia to Driftveil. The March 14th episode will take place in Castelia, so Pokémon Fan mentioning the city doesn't have to mean anything else.

Again, we have no idea whether they actually GO to that forest or if it's all in N's flashback. Your logic of "he looks exactly the same as he does now" doesn't wash, since he looked exactly as he does now in the end credits too, which clearly showed stuff that transpired BEFORE he set off on his current journey.
    Whatever flashbacks N has will most likely focus on earlier points in life. I doubt that we'll see anything more recent than the first Reshiram encounter, at which point N was visibly younger.

No, I don't recall either of the two two-parters that aired on the same day (the Battle Subwy one and the Virbank Gym one) being announced on the Pokemon site before (they got announced in magazines), and when they were listed on the TV Tokyo site's schedule, they were listed as one thing, with no "Part 1" and "Part 2" given.
    I find that hard to believe, but it's a moot point since Naruto has a new episode slated for March 28th.
    Last edited by Kein; 23rd February 2013 at 8:14 PM.

I can't find the image, i'll keep an eye out for it and might ask around sometime though.

------

Actually Kein, it'd make more sense if Driftveil is the next location the gang travel too since it wouldn't require taking a boat like Castelia.

Actually Kein, it'd make more sense if Driftveil is the next location the gang travel too since it wouldn't require taking a boat like Castelia.
    There is no route from Virbank to Driftveil in the games, while Virbank and Castelia are close by. I assume that the writers still care about showcasing B2W2-exclusive locations, so going through the Relic Passage would make a lot of sense. Once in Driftveil, they also could go through Clay Tunnel as a shortcut to the White Ruins.
    Last edited by Kein; 23rd February 2013 at 8:59 PM.

There is no route from Virbank to Driftveil in the games. Virbank and Castelia are close by.
    True, but their also isn't a route from Iccirus to Virbank in the games. Virbank and Driftveil are close by.

True, but their also isn't a route from Iccirus to Virbank in the games. Virbank and Driftveil are close by.
    They took a boat to Virbank. They could take a boat to Driftveil, but it makes more sense that they would take the boat to Castelia. Not only would it reflect B2W2, but again, I see no reason why they would go to Driftveil just for the Kanto Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Just TP being introduced when they were meant to be introduced.. Just a small tidbit of plotelement really..

Also, here's a thought: what if this forest is Lostlorn Forest? That'd put it near enough Castelia and the Desert Resort.
    It's not more logical what you are proposing.. I mean you're skipping Nimbasa City EITHERWAY, and likely backtracking as well..

My main point is that Anthea and Concordia live in Driftveil, and that they probably show up at March 21st considering that's the backstory episode. Making it more logical to go:

- Virbank Complex: Confirmed
    - Castelia
    - Castelia: Confirmed
    - Driftveil

Instead of going: Virbank, Driftveil, Castelia, Driftveil.. -.- Yes, N said that he's going to Driftveil, but that doesn't mean immediately necessarily. It could be, considering the PWT being located there, but it's not necessarily the case.

Lostlorn Forest needs to appear.. eitherway..

Virbank is closer to Castelia than to Driftveil, while the White Ruins are closer to Driftveil than to Castelia. How would it make sense to go to Driftveil, then back south to Castelia, and only then head north to the White Ruins? Ash and co. decided to follow N to Driftveil because it's on their way to the White Ruins. In theory the plot could just justify an unexpected return to Castelia (although that sort of impromptu decision hardly ever happens), but if you were right, why would N even need to go to Driftveil? The Kanto Fair could be held anywhere, and I highly doubt that N cares much about it. It is unlikely that the Kanto Fair episode will have room for whatever it is that N wants to do in Driftveil.

As for why the group would need to go to Castelia before Driftveil, that's easy: Relic Passage is a direct path from Castelia to Driftveil. The March 14th episode will take place in Castelia, so Pokémon Fan mentioning the city doesn't have to mean anything else.

Whatever flashbacks N has will most likely focus on earlier points in life. I doubt that we'll see anything more recent than the first Reshiram encounter, at which point N was visibly younger.

I find that hard to believe, but it's a moot point since Naruto has a new episode slated for March 28th.
    Does anybody really know where the White Ruins are? We haven't seen them yet in any media, so I think that statement is a load of bullocks until I see receipts.

A call from Oak would definitely justify a side trip to Castelia or wherever the Kanto Fair is (Unity Tower is still an option)...

Ash and co are travelling with N from BWn6 onwards, while N has specified going to Driftveil City. While travelling towards Driftveil, the group reaches Virbank City yet again, and after the events of BWn7, Ash gets a call, or whatnot, that Oak is in Unova, and hosting a festival and wants him to join him, so the group takes a detour to Castelia/Unity Tower/Liberty Island. After these events, Colress has been known to make havoc in Castelia. After these events are done, the group goes to Driftveil as they said they would.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Lostlorn Forest needs to appear.. eitherway..
    No game location "needs" to appear. Right now Lostlorn Forest isn't on their path, so I don't see them going there yet. I'd wager that N's forest isn't a game location, since the games themselves kept the whereabouts of that forest a secret.

Does anybody really know where the White Ruins are? We haven't seen them yet in any media, so I think that statement is a load of bullocks until I see receipts.
    It was confirmed to be in the vicinity of the Dragonspiral Tower in the first episode of the saga. There is no reason to be so blunt just because you missed something.

A call from Oak would definitely justify a side trip to Castelia or wherever the Kanto Fair is (Unity Tower is still an option)...
    That could happen, but they don't need a special reason to go to Castelia. Simply going to Driftveil via the Relic Passage would justify stopping at Castelia.

This thread has no reason to stay open. The two-parter is gone. The March 28th episode is all we're getting regarding Rocket vs. Plasma.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 24th February 2013 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    This thread has no reason to stay open. The two-parter is gone. The March 28th episode is all we're getting regarding Rocket vs. Plasma.
    Although I agree, but there isn't confirmation yet. So people want it to stay open.

Anyways, I agree with whoever that said they could go through the Relic Passage and Clay Tunnel. They're showing BW2 exclusive locations now. What's the point in backtracking to the Desert Resort for no apparent purpose though, when they can just go through the Relic Passage and Clay Tunnel. I think Meteonite is most likely gone. There's no point in adding it back onto the plot again. Looker's introduction to Iris and Cilan as well as introduction to Team Plasma killed the chance of the 2-parter being a possibility, IMO.

Also, has there been any confirmation on where the Kanto Festival is gonna be held? If not, we can also assume that it might be an anime-exclusive town like what they did with the Johto Festival that connects Hiun City and Virbank City.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast