Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are edited TR vs TP episodes a possibility with the new opening?

I think they're a real possibility, they can't be permanently banned.

Quote Originally Posted by deoxys4ever View Post
    to be honest the show is way better with the funny/old team rocket who attemps too capture pikachu with weird mechanics.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    You can't telll me what to do Bobby, so leave me alone. And I am never been biased.
    The forum just facepalmed at your denial *facepalms*

Honestly as I said the first time scenes were taken form the two parter. If the writers wanted us to forget all about it, they wouldn't keep referencing them.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    I seen the preview, they are not this big epic change the face of the anime episode, they were just two episode that we only have some detail what happened. And how would we know they live up. I bet you be dissapointed with them, would you?
    They looked incredible, I personally looked forward to the conclusion of Giovanni's first real plot since Mewtwo Returns and Pikachu's Powered Quick attack looked awesome. I doubt i'd be disappointed by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    The forum just facepalmed at your denial *facepalms*

Honestly as I said the first time scenes were taken form the two parter. If the writers wanted us to forget all about it, they wouldn't keep referencing them.
    Exactly. They keep making a ton of references to those episodes.

It's ridiculous that they've kept them at bay for this long.

There's nothing that leads to this conclusion in my opinion. A couple of scenes that look similar to those that appeared in the previews for the banned episodes isn't conclusive enough. As Dogasu has pointed out before, it's more likely that the studio wants fans to forget about those episodes and want to act as if they never existed in the first place, and I agree with him. They've probably thought about the future this whole time while the fanbase (well, those at Serebii) have been stuck in the past. :x

ugh this intro was so amazing that now I'm upset because the full version probably won't come around until the genesect movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    As Dogasu has pointed out before, it's more likely that the studio wants fans to forget about those episodes and want to act as if they never existed in the first place, and I agree with him. They've probably thought about the future this whole time while the fanbase (well, those at Serebii) have been stuck in the past. :x
    I hate to agree but I imagine this may genuinely be the case, it makes sense.

Truth is though, i'll never forgive the writers if the gaping plot hole is left there. If they don't air the episodes the least I want is the narrative of both episodes so I know what was supposed to happen. I'm hoping they eventually give some answers just like the GS Ball's narrative was explained in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Can't we just enjoy?
    Welcome to the forum
    Last edited by SceptileTheBanana; 17th January 2013 at 10:14 PM.

As Dogasu has pointed out before, it's more likely that the studio wants fans to forget about those episodes and want to act as if they never existed in the first place
    Then why make the opening have that scene that many fans remember damn well happened in the trailer for the episodes!?

Your logic does not add up. It all hinges on the studio insulting the viewers' intelligence. Viewers are NEVER going to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Exactly. They keep making a ton of references to those episodes.

It's ridiculous that they've kept them at bay for this long.
    That's what I mean. If they were really banned/cancelled and thus the audience is supposed to just accept that and move on, then referencing them in the opening would be the absolute dumbest thing the anime producers could do. This, combined with the fact that TWO sources (one Latin American and one French) said the episodes would be modified and aired in early 2013, this exact timeframe, makes it way too coincidental that the opening would just merely reference them without that reference actually meaning something.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 18th January 2013 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    That's what I mean. If they were really banned/cancelled and thus the audience is supposed to just accept that and move on, then referencing them in the opening would be the absolute dumbest thing the anime producers could do. This, combined with the fact that TWO sources (one Latin American and one French) said the episodes would be modified and aired in early 2013, this exact timeframe, makes it way too coincidental that the opening would just merely reference them without that reference actually meaning something.
    And it isn't even the first time they referenced it lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Then why make the opening have that scene that many fans remember damn well happened in the trailer for the episodes!?

Your logic does not add up. It all hinges on the studio insulting the viewers' intelligence. Viewers are NEVER going to forget.
    Allow me to clarify; the studio probably expects that younger viewers (in other words, the target audience) have forgotten the episodes. You know, the same little kids who heavily affect the ratings and who actually buy the merchandise that is advertised during the commercials. I bet most of them don't care about a couple of banned episodes from two years ago because so much has happened since then. As for why the producers decided to add a couple of scenes into the new Opening that were similar to/the same as those from the banned episodes, I think they're just trying to get their money's worth in animation. There's at least 50 minutes worth of deleted scenes from the banned episodes, so why wouldn't they want to use a couple of them as fillers in the new Opening? That's essentially what the Opening was; just a bunch of scenes from previous episodes, yet it's funny that only the TR vs. TP scenes are talked about while the others have been completely overlooked.
    Last edited by Lorde; 18th January 2013 at 1:14 AM. Reason: Spelling error.

Kids aren't stupid. Even with all the things that have happened since the postponement, it's doubtful they forgot about episodes that were so hyped up.

I bet most of them don't care about a couple of banned episodes from two years ago
    OK, stop calling them "banned". Didn't you see Dephender's post?

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    The episode was never "banned", it was just skipped over because there had been a major disaster right then. The issue was not with the content itself, but the timing of said content.
    Anyway, moving on....

I think they're just trying to get their money's worth in animation. There's at least 50 minutes worth of deleted scenes from the banned episodes, so why wouldn't they want to use a couple of them as fillers in the new Opening? That's essentially what the Opening was; just a bunch of scenes from previous episodes, yet it's funny that only the TR vs. TP scenes are talked about while the others have been completely overlooked.
    Y'know what the huge problem with all that you said is? It wasn't re-using animation from the episodes. Again, Dephender already said:

They didn't. This scene is all new, made from scratch. Inspired by a scene we saw in the previews for BW23/24, sure, but not actually an edit of that scene.
    So no, the animators were not "getting their money's worth" here. That was not recycled footage, that was an all-new rendition of the scene made exclusively for the opening. And only four quick sequences (Pikachu attacking, Oshawott attacking, Axew attacking, and Dragonite attacking) were scenes from previous episodes. Most of the opening was all new, so your claim that it was "essentially scenes from previous episodes" makes no sense. Between saying the episodes were "banned" and this, I don't think you know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 18th January 2013 at 1:20 AM.

I think they will air with a different setting and possibly a different outcome!
    whatever happens in the Team Plasma debut episode where Team Rocket somehow "Defeats" Team Plasma but Team Plasma was hiding in the rubble and finally when they see that Team Rocket returns to Unova to complete the Metonite mission that will lead them to world domination, and then Team Plasma attacks out of nowhere with almost every Team Rocket member (With the possible exception of Butch and Cassidy and Dr Namba) in the building as Team Rocket grunts get wounded and then the Genesect army appears to destroy the Metonite by Techno Blasting it by the four normal colored Genesects to blow it up with Giovonni and all the Rocket grunts being vaporized in it's wake. Ash and Co were horrified that Team Plasma killed Team Rocket with only the TRio surviving the death and disbandment of Team Rocket. Now the TRio will team up with Looker and this will mark their future.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    I think they will air with a different setting and possibly a different outcome!
    If they alter the actual storyline of the episodes beyond what has to be done to retcon their placement in the timeline, they aren't the same episodes anymore. Just episodes recycling a lot of things from the original.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    If they alter the actual storyline of the episodes beyond what has to be done to retcon their placement in the timeline, they aren't the same episodes anymore. Just episodes recycling a lot of things from the original.
    I agree, and I personally doubt the actual story will be altered. Just it's placement, certain lines of dialogue from characters (esp. Looker), the uniforms of Jessie and James, and the appearance of the Plasma grunts. Everything else: the story structure based around Giovanni getting the Meteonite and Team Plasma attacking Team Rocket for it, is able to be kept.

I agree, and I personally doubt the actual story will be altered. Just it's placement, certain lines of dialogue from characters (esp. Looker), the uniforms of Jessie and James, and the appearance of the Plasma grunts. Everything else: the story structure based around Giovanni getting the Meteonite and Team Plasma attacking Team Rocket for it, is able to be kept.
    I agree. Especially since we don't know what the Meteonite contained.

Random : PokéRadar

Frankly, there's no way those episodes would be referenced in the opening and it not mean anything about the episodes, especially when so much other stuff in the opening is confirmed to happen in the show. It appears my sources were correct: a retconned TR vs. TP is gonna air in early 2013.....
    How many months into 2013 is "Early 2013"? I trust what your saying about the possibility of seeing a modified version of the TR VS TP Episodes in 2013 but with 2 episodes from the data broadcast being Seviper & Watchog, that means the month of February is off limits already, so does that mean March? After March I don't consider it "Early". How much credibility does that source have of yours? Just curious.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    How many months into 2013 is "Early 2013"? I trust what your saying about the possibility of seeing a modified version of the TR VS TP Episodes in 2013 but with 2 episodes from the data broadcast being Seviper & Watchog, that means the month of February is off limits already, so does that mean March? After March I don't consider it "Early". How much credibility does that source have of yours? Just curious.
    Q1 is usually January-March. That's early 2013.

I truly don't believe that the opening is indicating anything about the episodes. It's just a reference.

If anything, though, pay attention to the fact that the Genesect Army appears in that same city in the very next scene, then consider that the city in Movie 16 and its Pokemon Hills area are based on New York City and Central Park, just like Castelia City and the Central Plaza are (or probably are, in the latter's case.) I think that if it's indicative of anything, that entire sequence is calling Team Plasma appearing in the movie.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I think that's what going to happen. We're gonna see the edited episodes, or it won't even be edited that much, only to change the location and some of the Pokemon.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Definitely. They already had two episodes completely ready to go, the entire point in keeping them around and editing them into their new position in the storyline would be to use as much of what they already had as possible. If they were going to rewrite them completely, they'd just have trashed them and made new episodes from scratch.

I think I have the explanation for why it took so long for them to air, too: We know that episodes go into production long before they air - 8 months+. Hence, Rocket VS Plasma was being worked on before Best Wishes even premiered, which is also before Black and White were released.

Back in DP, it took almost 100 episodes for the Galaxy plot to properly start. The reason for this is pretty obvious - the writers knew there was going to be a 3rd version in gen 4 which would feature an altered villain plot, and they didn't want to do too much with the original form of the villain plot until they knew what would happen in this 3rd version. As such, we just got a few episodes to remind us the evil team existed, as the writers stalled until they knew what would happen in Platinum and could write the Galaxy plot proper around that.

They would then repeat this in Best Wishes. We know from interviews that B2W2 wasn't conceptualized until AFTER Black and White had gone on sale, meaning that everything up to at least BW30 was written with no idea of what any further games would do with Plasma. The writers would give them a short intro two-parter in BW23-24 that didn't really concern itself with their game story, and then wait until they knew what the "3rd version" would do with Plasma until they wrote their proper story.

But then BW23-24 got skipped over due to the earthquake. We were told the episodes would be aired at a later date, but not much came from that... so I think the most logical answer is that there were plans to rework (or just outright air) them before too long, but the anime writing staff was given information on B2W2 before this happened, and they decided that since B2W2 featured an entirely different Plasma, it would be more practical to just keep these episodes on hold until B2W2 came out, reanimate the grunts, and use it as part of the storyline adapting the B2W2 Plasma plot, rather than airing them right away mostly as-is, and then having to work around the entire issue with two separate Plasma teams from two separate games.

Makes sense?

Dephender, what do you make of the plothole between BW022 and 25 if the episodes are retconned into the current storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Dephender, what do you make of the plothole between BW022 and 25 if the episodes are retconned into the current storyline?
    I hate the fact that it looks like that plothole will stay there as a nasty stain on the arc. But AgentPierce brought to my attention that we had indeed been told the episodes would be edited into the current storyline when they'd air, my source had just neglected to mention that bit.

So yeah. Sucks, but what can you do? At least the episodes are going to air.

I hate the fact that it looks like that plothole will stay there as a nasty stain on the arc. But AgentPierce brought to my attention that we had indeed been told the episodes would be edited into the current storyline when they'd air, my source had just neglected to mention that bit.

So yeah. Sucks, but what can you do? At least the episodes are going to air.
    Yeah, it's not nice. I think depending on how similar it actually is, i'll view it as the events taking place in BW023/24 (sounds stupid, but in my mind i'll just downgrade Ash's evolved Pokemon, imagine Team Rocket in black uniforms etc.) unless it is very different however.

Actually, I heard about the source too but never saw anything about it, link/source please?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast