Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Are edited TR vs TP episodes a possibility with the new opening?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    If the episode involving the attack on Castelia and N's past was a two-parter, we would not have had another two-page spread for the single Charizard debut episode preceeding it.
    Except you're just assuming that there is a two-page spread for that episode. The logic is faulty, anyway. The magazine can do whatever it wants, but it rarely dedicates two pages to a single episode.

No it won't. Charizard is fighting Dragonite because Dragonite is controlled by Colress. It has nothing to do with their rivalry in the previous episode.
    They're fighting twice consecutively, and N will be present in the first episode. It is more likely than not that the episodes will be connected.

Everyone was saying the same about Colress and Team Plasma's first appearance: that there was too much and it would have to be a two-parter. It wasn't.
    Except I am not saying that N's past should warrant a two-parter. I am saying that N's past, the introduction of Ghetsis, Concordia and Athena, and N's motivation for rejoining Team Plasma should warrant one episode that doesn't have other events crammed into it.

The Reshiram thing will be covered obviously, and his childhood isn't likely to be shown in much depth: just enough to establish what it was like before transitioning to N as an adult and when Reishiram burned down the castle (where the scene with him and Ghetsis obviously transpires during.)

Iris' childhood flashbacks never took up entire episodes, N's doesn't need to either. One episode accomponied by a present-day plot in Castelia is enough.
    Iris got four episodes with flashback sequences. If you combine them, you get roughly one episode's worth of scenes, and Iris doesn't even have a particularly deep backstory. I am not saying that the episode should be limited to flashbacks, anyway. But the Castelia action with Charizard and Dragonite? That would be random.

Colress isn't just brainwashing Dragonite, he's brainwashing all the Pokemon of the biggest city in Unova. N would easily join TP if they agreed to stop hurting Pokemon like this.
    I doubt that Ash and N would fight over that.
    Last edited by Kein; 19th February 2013 at 6:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    but it rarely dedicates two pages to a single episode.
    ....Except it just did. With the March 7th episode.

The previous issue also had a two-page section for N's debut (January 24th) AND for Team Plasma's (February 7th). Both single episodes.

They're fighting twice consecutively. Of course there is some connection.
    Their rivalry is a character trait being carried over, not a storyline. The reason for fighting on March 7th and the reason for fighting on March 14th are entirely different.

I am saying that N's past, the introduction of Ghetsis, Concordia and Athena, and N's motivation for rejoining Team Plasma should warrant one episode that doesn't have other events crammed into it.
    Too bad, because that's very likely what's happening. Best Wishes is a fast-paced series, alot of stuff happens in single episodes.

Not to mention Ghetsis was introduced already, and N's past with Concordia and Anthea likely ties in with his motive for rejoining TP, if not shown because he's rejoining them.

I doubt that Ash and N would fight over that.
    They wouldn't have a choice: N is submitting himself back under Ghetsis' power. If Ghetsis requires him to fight Ash, he'll fight Ash.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 19th February 2013 at 7:07 PM.

....Except it just did. With the March 7th episode.
    You can keep repeating yourself, but we got half a page. You're jumping to conclusions to support your argument.

The previous issue also had a two-page section for N's debut (January 24th) AND for Team Plasma's (February 7th). Both single episodes.
    Those pages actually referenced the events of those episodes and gave us airdates. This time, we have a two-page section filled with character biographies.

Too bad, because that's very likely what's happening. Best Wishes is a fast-paced series, alot of stuff happens in single episodes.
    But never as much as what you think will happen here.

They wouldn't have a choice: N is submitting himself back under Ghetsis' power. If Ghetsis requires him to fight Ash, he'll fight Ash.
    N is not a robot. Also, please explain why "The White Ruins! Satoshi VS N!" would be followed by "The Plasma Gang Strikes! The Resurrection Ritual!!" if N were already by Ghetsis' side. More importantly, why would all the important Team Plasma characters be missing from the Genesect episode?

You can keep repeating yourself, but we got half a page. You're jumping to conclusions to support your argument.
    Are you blind? Page One. Page Two. Although I could've just linked to Page One, since you can SEE it's two pages from that image.

That's not jumping to conclusions, that's visual proof. That's a two-page spread of the March 7th episode.

This time, we have a two-page section filled with character biographies.
    We had a two-page section all about N following the two-page spread of the March 24th episode as well.

This is equivalent to this, this is equivalent to this and this is equivalent to this.

But never as much as what you think will happen here.
    No, you're just overthinking how long N's past will take to be shown. I really doubt it'll last for more than a few minutes.

Also, please explain why "The White Ruins! Satoshi VS N!" would be followed by "The Plasma Gang Strikes! The Resurrection Ritual!!" if N were already by Ghetsis' side. More importantly, why would all the important Team Plasma characters be missing from the Genesect episode?
    I think it's safe to say that the Ressurection Ritual requires Ash and N to battle: Truth vs. Ideals. N will be by Ghetsis' side then turn away when he controls Reishiram.

And who's to say that they'll be missing? We know nothing about that episode except that Genesect will appear, and that could be in a flashback for all we know.

Are you blind? Page One. Page Two. Although I could've just linked to Page One, since you can SEE it's two pages from that image.
    Fair enough, but that looked like a single link and I had only seen the first page pointed out on another forum.

This is equivalent to this, this is equivalent to this and this is equivalent to this.
    The lack of airdates for anything but the March 7th episode and the use of general character biographies means that things are not equivalent.

I think it's safe to say that the Ressurection Ritual requires Ash and N to battle: Truth vs. Ideals. N will be by Ghetsis' side then turn away when he controls Reishiram.
    My point is that "Team Plasma Strike" implies that they arrive in the White Ruins after Ash and N do. Besides, N is the one who will use both truth and ideals when facing Reshiram. I don't think that there is a dichotomy going on here.

And who's to say that they'll be missing? We know nothing about that episode except that Genesect will appear, and that could be in a flashback for all we know.
    You implied that much when you said that N and Ghetsis would leave on March 14th. And we do know that Genesect's mysteries will be revealed in that episode, which should mean that its past with Team Plasma will be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227
    AgentPierce, i'd give up trying to communicate with Kein. His posts the last few days have led me to believe he's a troll, or really mis-informed.
    This is the kind of blind elitism that makes me wonder if some you even care about anything but your own opinions and interpretations.

This is the kind of blind elitism that makes me wonder if some you even care about anything but your own opinions and interpretations.
    Not only have you treated a lot of your statements as fact, but whenever somebody has said anything different to your own opinion, you've started a huge debate on why your such and such statement is the correct one.

Everybody has different opinions and interpretations of the information we're given, you don't have to shoot everybody down with things that you believe are facts when half the time they arn't.

------

I imagine Ghetis is going to create some scheme in order to get N to side with him again. It'll be interesting to see what.

The lack of airdates for anything but the March 7th episode and the use of general character biographies means that things are not equivalent.
    General character biographies pop up all the time in these magazines, including for single episodes.

My point is that "Team Plasma Strike" implies that they arrive in the White Ruins after Ash and N do.
    "Strike" does not mean they arrive. They could very well be waiting in the wings at the White Ruins until it's time to do what they plan to do.

You implied that much when you said that N and Ghetsis would leave on March 14th.
    I said N will be leaving to join Ghetsis. Ghetsis likely isn't showing up in person in that episode (all pictures shown of him in the scan are blatantly from flashback scenes).

And we do know that Genesect's mysteries will be revealed in that episode, which should mean that its past with Team Plasma will be explained.
    Right, but N and Ghetsis don't have to be presently involved for that.

Colress very well might be involved though, and him leaving at the end of March 14th doesn't cancel out him appearing on the 28th.

I hope they hurry up with revealing what episodes will air on March 21 and March 28. I am dying to know if those episodes are finally going to air.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdant View Post
    I hope they hurry up with revealing what episodes will air on March 21 and March 28. I am dying to know if those episodes are finally going to air.
    We can look forward to Dengeki magazine revealing that; it gets released at the end of the month.

We can look forward to Dengeki magazine revealing that; it gets released at the end of the month.
    Seems like we will have to wait another week then. Let's hope for some good news.

I was also hoping for some sort of trailer after this week's episode but I guess we'll see about that

Seems like we will have to wait another week then. Let's hope for some good news.

I was also hoping for some sort of trailer after this week's episode but I guess we'll see about that
    Well actually, Dengeki has been known to go on sale from as early as the 19th of a month, and it's usual saledate is the 20th of a month.

So any time from tomorrow until the last day of February is fair game, though I personally suspect it'll be after the episode on the 21st.

Well actually, Dengeki has been known to go on sale from as early as the 19th of a month, and it's usual saledate is the 20th of a month.

So any time from tomorrow until the last day of February is fair game, though I personally suspect it'll be after the episode on the 21st.
    That's good to hear. Also are you expecting a trailer of the 2 parter after this week's episode?

Actually, N joining Plasma makes me think the episodes might air. They are using the N joining Ghetsis plot to give N an excuse to leave Castelia City. Ghetsis, Colress and N could leave Castelia City to make preparations for their final mission while Ghetsis orders Angie and the Grunts to destroy Ash, his friends and Team Rocket.

That's good to hear. Also are you expecting a trailer of the 2 parter after this week's episode?
    I'm not really expecting anything, I'm just going to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Ghetsis, Colress and N could leave Castelia City to make preparations for their final mission while Ghetsis orders Angie and the Grunts to destroy Ash, his friends and Team Rocket.
    Ghetsis isn't in Castelia City himself, just Colress. He and N would definately leave though, which would explain their absence in the two-parter nicely.

I'm not really expecting anything, I'm just going to wait and see.

Ghetsis isn't in Castelia City himself, just Colress. He and N would definately leave though, which would explain their absence in the two-parter nicely.
    So you think Colress is the one who convinces N to join Team Plasma then?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    So you think Colress is the one who convinces N to join Team Plasma then?
    I don't think any particular person convinces him, the situation will cause him to do it on his own.

Well if we're going to see Castelia City alot (especially in the 16th movie) in episode N, then the chances of Team Rocket's final mission is still possible. Or it might be turned into the story of the 16th movie.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

As I said in the other thread, there is no confirmation of the flashback scenes taking place in the March 14th episode. Dengeki just says Ghetsis is behind Colress, and the picture shown is not implied to be from a flashback. Once again, if the biographies were just in reference to a single episode, I see no reason why that wouldn't be clarified by the mention of an airdate or a title (which ended up being revealed a day later).

This is the March issue, we don't seem to have a look at things to come in April (that was in CoroCoro already), it's only covering March episodes; two specifically (the March 7th and March 14th one) and one mentioned in passing in regards to the movie (March 28th). March 21 is still open for anything. We'll likely have the matter settled when Dengeki comes out.
    This is wrong, by the way. These pages pertain to the April climax (not just a particular episode) rather than any of the March episodes. Here's a rough translation: "After some struggle, they have finally reached the White Ruins. What kind of relationship do N and Reshiram have? Sure enough, what is Ghetsis's aim? With Team Rocket watching, Episode N is entering its climax. It's a must-watch event."

At the very least Cedric's biography pertains to the April episodes. There is no reason to think that he would be randomly given a cameo in March when everyone else is still in Castelia.
    Last edited by Kein; 20th February 2013 at 9:57 AM.

Thanks for the correction on the picture. However....

Dengeki just says Ghetsis is behind Colress, and the picture shown is not implied to be from a flashback.
    Look behind Ghetsis. It's the walls of the castle. The castle that Reishiram burns to the ground. It's a flashback.

At the very least Cedric's biography pertains to the April episodes. There is no reason to think that he would be randomly given a cameo in March when everyone else is still in Castelia.
    He could very well be calling his daughter asking where Ash and the others are. After all, he wasn't expecting them to take a detour with N to Castelia.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    Well if we're going to see Castelia City alot (especially in the 16th movie) in episode N, then the chances of Team Rocket's final mission is still possible. Or it might be turned into the story of the 16th movie.
    This. It just seems too coincidental to me that we are going back to the place the two parter happened and just skipping it over again.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Think about it: we're back at Castelia City, and Ash, Iris, Cilan, Looker, Team Rocket, AND Team Plasma are all accounted for. All we need is Professor Juniper and viola!

Such an opportunity just can't be let slip by. This, combined with the Opening and the Episode N press release synoposis, seems way too much to be a coincidence.

Think about it: we're back at Castelia City, and Ash, Iris, Cilan, Looker, Team Rocket, AND Team Plasma are all accounted for.

Such an opportunity just can't be let slip by. This combined with the Opening seems way too much to be a coincidence.
    Giovanni is what worries me though, have we had any reference to him at all??
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Giovanni is what worries me though, have we had any reference to him at all??
    Team Rocket referenced him in the first episode of Episode N. And again, he came back for Operation Tempest with very little build-up, so his arrival now isn't an issue.

Team Rocket referenced him in the first episode of Episode N. And again, he came back for Operation Tempest with very little build-up, so his arrival now isn't an issue.
    True, but he wasn't even mentioned within the opening at all. I just fear they might pull a DP and just have the Trio causing trouble again...

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    True, but he wasn't even mentioned within the opening at all. I just fear they might pull a DP and just have the Trio causing trouble again...
    The only Season 2 episode that TR had a big role in was Giovanni's episode, and he wasn't in that opening either.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast